watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Centre Forward

Started by sunburywhite, July 16, 2023, 04:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentFulham

Why all the posts suggesting 1 strikers to replace him. I would buy two and have two upfront! End this 1 target man approach

Jims Dentist

Quote from: JudgeBread on July 16, 2023, 05:04:52 PMIf Mitro goes and if wages aren't outrageous I'd take Weghorst for this season to give us time to sort out a more long term solution.
Very good shout.

junior white

Quote from: DadCreature on July 17, 2023, 01:12:19 PM
Quote from: junior white on July 17, 2023, 09:25:11 AMChe Adams please god no

Arsenal apparently / are rumoured to want 50 million for Balogun that has surprised me
Inter have offered €40mm for him. 
Been rejected as they want more, for me ridiculous price for someone relatively unproven

LittleErn

Vinicius is no Mitro, but every time he played last season he got better. He is more than just a target man and his hold up play was improving. There's still a way to go for him, but he's worth persevering with. Maybe not as first choice but as first backup.

OldBrownShoe

We could do worse than bid for the main Peterborough FC striker Jonson Harris -Clark. Not quite as good as Toney but effective and not a gamble! :claping20hands:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

filham

Time to cast a net over the Scrubs for a strong , pacey youngster and coach him in our juniors for a while to suit our needs.

Oh dream on, when did we last see a true home grown talent.

Deeping_white

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on July 17, 2023, 05:33:08 PMWe could do worse than bid for the main Peterborough FC striker Jonson Harris -Clark. Not quite as good as Toney but effective and not a gamble! :claping20hands:

As a Peterborough native I think this is the worst/funniest post I think I've read on this forum, and you've also got his name wrong

Tabby

Quote from: filham on July 17, 2023, 09:49:26 PMTime to cast a net over the Scrubs for a strong , pacey youngster and coach him in our juniors for a while to suit our needs.

Oh dream on, when did we last see a true home grown talent.

Sess? Wasn't that long ago. Assume that Carvalho doesn't count as he only joined when he was 13.

OldBrownShoe

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 17, 2023, 10:01:15 PM
Quote from: OldBrownShoe on July 17, 2023, 05:33:08 PMWe could do worse than bid for the main Peterborough FC striker Jonson Harris -Clark. Not quite as good as Toney but effective and not a gamble! :claping20hands:

As a Peterborough native I think this is the worst/funniest post I think I've read on this forum, and you've also got his name wrong
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 17, 2023, 10:01:15 PM
Sorry was meant as a joke. Mind you I have seen us have a ton of ropey strikers since the 1950s and a few who worked their magic. Greetings from Whittlesey.

::thumb:: it was meant as a joke. Sorry. Mind you we have had a ton of ropey strikers
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Hugh Janus

How much do Wrexham want for Paul Mullin? Could do a lot worse. He's 28 so in his prime.

copthornemike

One thing is certain, clubs without a goal scorer are in trouble. Even if Mitro does not depart this season he has 'flown a kite' that he may not be with us for much longer. Also only a serious injury or 'brain fart' moment from not being available for a considerable period.
It will concentrate the club's ownership's minds.
Complacency after a comparatively successful first season back is a potentially big, big problem.

hovewhite

Quote from: copthornemike on July 18, 2023, 12:46:42 PMOne thing is certain, clubs without a goal scorer are in trouble. Even if Mitro does not depart this season he has 'flown a kite' that he may not be with us for much longer. Also only a serious conversation injury or 'brain fart' moment from not being available for a considerable period.
It will concentrate the club's ownership's minds.
Complacency after a comparatively successful first season back is a potentially big, big problem.
Last season should have been a warning 23 appearances think this will be his last season or we're lucky enough to see him this season.think vini will keep improving also.

filham

Remember Parker having ideas about replacing Mitro, what a failure that was, are we in for another season like that.

RAY Rock ????

Now that it is been said by silva that mitrovic isn't training and he is not part of the squad . It is time to accept that he is off.
I completely agree that we need two strikers and would love us to sign Niclas Füllkrug I know he is 30 but he has great attributes heading ,finishing and being in the right place at the right time. Also we could sign a younger more mobile striker not sure who though

hovewhite

Cut him loose get him out now and move on.

alfie

Well if he has refused to play for the team, fine, tell him he can go to wherever he wants but we won't pay you, and also you can't play for anyone because we hold your registration.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Quote from: LittleErn on July 17, 2023, 05:10:36 PMVinicius is no Mitro, but every time he played last season he got better. He is more than just a target man and his hold up play was improving. There's still a way to go for him, but he's worth persevering with. Maybe not as first choice but as first backup.

Not really meaning to pile on Vinicius, but I'm sorry, his hold up play never really improved in my view.  Still very dodgy in that regard.  Credit to him for terrific goals v City and Chelsea, and the pass that broke Solomon free for that late winner v BHA.  I'm still not a huge fan, but understand his role in this team and I think he does as well.  Squad player.