watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yup - another Mitro post

Started by ChesterTheTabby, July 22, 2023, 06:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I don't want Mitro to leave, but as I say this, I mean I don't want the Mitro of last season to leave. If he does not want to play for us anymore, or wants to move and we block it, is it really worth keeping someone we can sell at 28 for twice (or at least a descent amount more) than we got for him if he may have a piss poor attitude and fail to produce if we keep him? Just a hot take thought, will need to mull it over more... any thoughts?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deuce

Spurs were in a similar predicament two years ago with Kane. Fans hated him for actively trying to go to Man City. Spurs stod firm in their valuation, Kane stayed and the rest is history.

I wouldnt be surprised if same thing happens to Mitro. As a supporter, I wouldnt burn my bridges with him just yet

Benny

If he does move on I don't mind too much. I think his foot injury will play a part again but maybe more than last season, plus no point in keeping someone who doesn't want to be here.

It will be a shame but sometimes for the best, his value will only go down from here

Al-Fayed

If we could get £50m I'd sell him. He's good but, objectively, not a £50m player. Transfermarkt's €28m may be on the low side but let's be realistic. The Saudis would be overpaying by at least £15m. No top European side has shown any great interest in him. And then there's the fact that he seemingly doesn't want to play for us and is having a big sulk. His price could crash very quickly if he underperforms. Take the money and run.

hovewhite

I am hopeful when season starts he remembers the support we gave him last season and the love everyone has for him and stays.Until he actually leaves he's our no 9

H4usuallysitting

Jeroen

On 2 minds about this... the Mitro from beginning of last season or the one towards the end after the suspension and injury?

Not sure if he still has the injury or if he got the operation, but our key striker missed almost 1/3 of the season (and missed a bucket load of penalties) so £45M for that would do nicely

Hugh Janus

He is 28. How many games did he miss last season? 16? Suspensions, dodgy ankle, played for Serbia, dodgier ankle. He missed 4 penalties. Let's not exaggerate his benefits either.

He's a good player. I'd rather see him in our 11 but no one is irreplaceable. £50m and if he wants to go I'd wish him well and replace him. But I would say to him and that Saudi team you have until Friday to sort this out otherwise get stuffed. He is ours.

BestOfBrede

Yup, another Mitro post that has nothing new to say and could have been added to one of the other Mitro posts saying the same thing!

We Are Premier League

Would you feel OK if he left and we bought Richarlison for the exact same cost? Think I would.