watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If only buying players worked like Amazon

Started by Roberty, July 25, 2023, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Spurs boss Ange Postecoglou has been giving an update on the club's search for a new central defender ahead of his side's pre-season friendly with Lion City Sailors in Singapore.
"We're looking to bring in at least one," said the Australian.
"No frustration - it's just the football world. I've been around long enough to know how it works.
"I wish it could be like my wife and Amazon where we get a delivery every day, but no frustration."

I thought that it was only Fulham and particularly TK who couldn't get deals over the line before the pre-season begins. Seems that it happens elsewhere too - that is so shocking.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Perhaps he should pay his players the same as Amazon staff!

Oakeshott

And with Amazon there is a 30 day return option.

toshes mate

The analogy to Amazon is ridiculous - a complete falsehood. Imagine returning a player within thirty days and getting all your money back down to the last penny including delivery ... now that would please many recruiters and not just in football.

H4usuallysitting

I must be the only one that's never purchased anything from amazon

perry geyton

Embarrassing comme
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 25, 2023, 05:10:39 PMI must be the only one that's never purchased anything from amazon
Me neither I'll never sign up for that bollocks
Took so many small businesses down,

Anyone that uses it should be ashamed

SP

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 25, 2023, 05:10:39 PMI must be the only one that's never purchased anything from amazon

Me neither, we also have an Amazon shop near the office but I haven't ventured in there.

Deuce

Mate ... They signed Maddison in june, beat every other club to it.

They signed Vicario even before that.

Dont come here with that stupidity, it is in no way comparable to us. Spurs clearly had their sights set on a playmaker and they acted with determination early.

LittleErn

Roberty

Quote from: Deuce on July 25, 2023, 05:53:42 PMMate ... They signed Maddison in june, beat every other club to it.

Don't come here with that stupidity, it is in no way comparable to us. Spurs clearly had their sights set on a playmaker and they acted with determination early.

What are you talking about?

I posted a comment from their current manager about the signing of a centre half - what has that got to do with Maddison and Vicario ?

As far as I am aware they have been rumoured to be tapping up Tosin for most of the last year and it is still not a done deal.

Holders

What,they leave a player outside a neighbour's house in the rain because they can't be bothered to deliver to the right address?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

Quote from: perry geyton on July 25, 2023, 05:24:41 PMEmbarrassing comme

Well I can't get to the shops so for me it's perfect, and no I'm not ashamed, don't be so quick In judging people you don't know.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: perry geyton on July 25, 2023, 05:24:41 PMEmbarrassing comme

It's the way they treat staff for me

Deuce

Quote from: Roberty on July 25, 2023, 06:16:19 PM
Quote from: Deuce on July 25, 2023, 05:53:42 PMMate ... They signed Maddison in june, beat every other club to it.

Don't come here with that stupidity, it is in no way comparable to us. Spurs clearly had their sights set on a playmaker and they acted with determination early.

I posted a comment from their current manager about the signing of a centre half - what has that got to do with Maddison and Vicario ?

As far as I am aware they have been rumoured to be tapping up Tosin for most of the last year and it is still not a done deal.
We have been terribly slow off the blocks this summer, thats a fact and has nothing to do about the intricacy of transfers and that they are complicated to get over the line. Some deals are done quick, others arent.

Your post was clearly a way of mockning people who are critical of Fulhams slow transfer summer and dumbing it down to "oh shocking transfers arent like shopping at Amazon", when there are legitimate reasons for critising Fulhams slow tranfer dealings.

Its clearly Tapsoba and not Tosin they are after. They havent been able to get the Tapsoba deal because Bayer Leverkusen refuses to sell, obviously not every transfer are smooth sailing. The point is that Spurs have been really quick in getting some key players in early on. Unlike us.
Tosin is clearly a second or third choice for them

Roberty

Quote from: Deuce on July 26, 2023, 07:31:49 AM
Quote from: Roberty on July 25, 2023, 06:16:19 PM

We have been terribly slow off the blocks this summer, thats a fact and has nothing to do about the intricacy of transfers and that they are complicated to get over the line. Some deals are done quick, others arent.

Your post was clearly a way of mockning people who are critical of Fulhams slow transfer summer and dumbing it down to "oh shocking transfers arent like shopping at Amazon", when there are legitimate reasons for critising Fulhams slow tranfer dealings.

Its clearly Tapsoba and not Tosin they are after. They havent been able to get the Tapsoba deal because Bayer Leverkusen refuses to sell, obviously not every transfer are smooth sailing. The point is that Spurs have been really quick in getting some key players in early on. Unlike us.
Tosin is clearly a second or third choice for them

I see, so it's OK if Bayer Leverkusen don't want to sell to Spuds but TK fault if we could not buy someone for much the same reason ?

My post was prompted by reading so many posts on here that blame TK. I just thought it interesting that Spuds had the same problem and that the managers comment about his wife was funny.

But as you want to shout me down
1. How do you know that we have not been having the same issues ? (Intricacies of the transfer market and complicated to get over the line)
2. TK has little to do with the transfer process other than to sign off the deals. It was pointed out to me on another thread that it's been stated by the club in the past that actual process if carried out by others under the management of AM. So why does my comment about TK set you into motion.
3. If you feel mocked, I cant help that. What I wrote was a cut and paste from Sky Sports and - as it was in quotation marks - is verbatim from Spuds manger. I just added that it is something that TK gets the blame for on here, even though transfer negotiations have little or nothing to do with him.

In passing and to conclude my contribution here - as I have no desire to be set on by you and your cohorts.

I am saddened by the fact that our generous and gracious owner is so poorly appreciated by what I imagine is a small but none the less vociferous group on here. If you look at the fate of other clubs and the disastrous owners that some of them have had - Blackburn for instance - we should be considering ourselves fortunate. The fact that the club is under the overall direction of his son is not at all unusual and he also retained AM, who is an experienced operator and brought in by MAF in 2008, to deal with day to day running of the club.