watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro Vs Tosin situation

Started by Huxley, July 25, 2023, 05:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

So I see Tosin doing laps of the field with Mitro. All the Mitro anger is that "he doesn't want to play for Fulham ever again", which apparently he told his family or friends. I don't see Tosin giving Fulham much love either, yet no one has mentioned him at all. From my understanding is that Tosin is on his last year and that spurs and clubs on Italy are interested and that he is so far refusing to sign a new contract. If a player's doesn't want to be at Fulham, they don't train with the team. The only difference is that an offer has gone in for Mitro and someone claims that a family member said something...

Lighthouse

Tosin wants to move and wants to move to a bigger club. I think when we signed him that always felt as we were just a stepping stone. But he never refused to play. He also never said he wanted to move to a despotic country where they kill minorities. I understand the difference. He also never said he loved Fulham and his family were happy here.

In other words he didn't lie and didn't act like a petulant child when the club said they wanted money for him. But yes it is sad and disappointing when players suddenly decide they are not interested in doing the job for the people who pay them money.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Huxley on July 25, 2023, 05:13:28 PMSo I see Tosin doing laps of the field with Mitro. All the Mitro anger is that "he doesn't want to play for Fulham ever again", which apparently he told his family or friends. I don't see Tosin giving Fulham much love either, yet no one has mentioned him at all. From my understanding is that Tosin is on his last year and that spurs and clubs on Italy are interested and that he is so far refusing to sign a new contract. If a player's doesn't want to be at Fulham, they don't train with the team. The only difference is that an offer has gone in for Mitro and someone claims that a family member said something...

Neglecting a key piece of information that Mitrovic also liked a load of fan Saudi pages of him photoshopped into a shirt on social media. Tosin just keeping his head down and getting on with it whereas Mitro is seemingly refusing to play (according to Marco) and actively trying to move whereas I think Tosin and the club, with his contract situation, know he's off and its just a matter of time till the right offer comes.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 25, 2023, 05:19:16 PMTosin wants to move and wants to move to a bigger club. I think when we signed him that always felt as we were just a stepping stone. But he never refused to play. He also never said he wanted to move to a despotic country where they kill minorities. I understand the difference. He also never said he loved Fulham and his family were happy here.

In other words he didn't lie and didn't act like a petulant child when the club said they wanted money for him. But yes it is sad and disappointing when players suddenly decide they are not interested in doing the job for the people who pay them money.
I think Tosin's nose was put out of joint when we signed Diop.  I think he just wants a guaranteed start every game but he certainly won't get that at Spurs.  He hasn't been with us long enough to become a fan favourite but tbh I don't think he ever would have been.  I always got the feeling he felt we were a stepping stone for him and never seemed to enjoy things while he was here.....not that he has gone anywhere as yet!

Willham

I feel we all knew for a couple of years this would most likely be the season tosin left, after the relegation with parker they was interest but we as a club stood firm against interest with tosin still having 3 years left, playing an important part in promotion the club still felt tosin was indispensable for last year to stay in the prem, as marco likes to phase players in and out rather than make drastic changes, which leaves us to this year with 1 year left on the deal,

Now it's now as much a needed sale as other players with 1 year left on their deal, we got tosin very cheaply and it was well worth the money, but he is also a good prem cb so some money would be a big bonus.

A big acknowledgement towards tosin that he's been professional throughout

Dodgin

Tosin may well be ambitious for club, european and international recognition. Has done is job and is entitled to further his career as he wishes. We wait for Mitro's response to the supporters. In the words of Frank Carson "it's the way i tell em"

filham

Both Tosin and Mitro have to be on their way out, they have made it clear they have no desire to play for Fulham.
Best now that we forget the pair of them and just hope the club maximizes their transfer fees and shows them the the door as soon as possible.
It is a shame as they were regular members of a very good Fulham team last season but they really have burnt the bridge behind them.

Ronnief

Tosin is a player who has performed well for the team but I've always thought that he wasn't totally happy as a member of "our" team. Best wishes to him wherever he goes.

demeant0r

Tosin never repeatedly professed his love for the club and fans, and how Fulham is his home, and never went so on strike when he didn't get what he wanted. That's the difference.

ffc73

Looks a dead cert Tosin to Spurs. They are looking for a CB & Levy has history of taking Fulham players on deadline day at a reduced price.

Bassey the warrior

I don't feel any ill will towards Tosin, he wasn't a key player in the way Mitro was. He's also looking to move for his career rather than his bank balance. Finally he's not acted like a petulant child as Mitro has.

Allprocro

I don't really look into this stuff so hard. Yes Mitro not training with the team is noteworthy, but a gram of him and Tosin running together is a little light.

Several players will think of Mitro as a friend, remember the vast majority of Fulham players are going to have a relationship with the club that more resembles Mitro's relationship with the club more than our relationship with the club. Some will have deeper loyalty for sure, but I doubt many of them would throw their friendship with Mitro aside because of this. If you think Tosin having a jog with him is further evidence Tosin is gone or something like that I think you are projecting your own feelings.

alfie

Tosin apparently is recovering from a groin strain, that is why he is not training with the squad.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

If we get £70m for the pair of them - they can go wherever they like....no complaints about Tosin....but the fat bloke's attitude stinks

LC

I like Tosin but if we get around £15m for him then I would take it. His main problem is his decision making, he has the habit of passing his way into trouble. To be honest I prefer Diop, but I wish him the best