watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham No.9

Started by South Coast White, July 26, 2023, 10:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

So who do we think will be wearing this on their backs this coming season.
Jiminez or Mitro chewing on a massive piece of humble pie.

Lighthouse

Mitro is no longer a Fulham player whatever his contract says or some fans want. If his move falls through we will have the usual hypocritical lie and no doubt a few fans will forgive him going on strike and wanting to play for more money in a despotic country.

But the number 9 is for a player who wants to be here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Cobh Fulham Fan

is not a question of us keeping Mitro. Its a matter of where Mitro wants to be in future, even if his dream falls through and his stuck here with us.  His head and heart will always be somewhere else. Marco will know that too. 

Nero

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on July 26, 2023, 11:20:26 AMis not a question of us keeping Mitro. Its a matter of where Mitro wants to be in future, even if his dream falls through and his stuck here with us.  His head and heart will always be somewhere else. Marco will know that too. 

I mean his head been turned by stupid amount of money, I mean he might be thinking my ankles are screwed Im less likely i'll be kicked to death in Saudi and ill be able to retire and still be able to walk, with the refusal to play this has only been reported by sky we don't know if true. Marco has said that he only wants to play players who are committed to the club so this could be the reason for not training with the team and not playing and not refusing to, could also be Fulham protecting a £50M asset don't want him injured and no be able to cash in. 

Who knows, what we do know is, that he was happy at Fulham until a big bag of money was put in front of him and wasnt using for a move until it was. 

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2023, 10:38:14 AMMitro is no longer a Fulham player whatever his contract says or some fans want. If his move falls through we will have the usual hypocritical lie and no doubt a few fans will forgive him going on strike and wanting to play for more money in a despotic country.

Agreed. His legacy at Fulham is ruined IMO. Any player who wants to join that league has lost my respect forever. Just ship him off to the desert before they change their mind. I even feel bad about the club having to accept dirty blood money for him, but I guess giving him away for free isn't a very realistic option.

blingo

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 26, 2023, 11:34:34 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2023, 10:38:14 AMMitro is no longer a Fulham player whatever his contract says or some fans want. If his move falls through we will have the usual hypocritical lie and no doubt a few fans will forgive him going on strike and wanting to play for more money in a despotic country.

Agreed. His legacy at Fulham is ruined IMO. Any player who wants to join that league has lost my respect forever. Just ship him off to the desert before they change their mind. I even feel bad about the club having to accept dirty blood money for him, but I guess giving him away for free isn't a very realistic option.

It's not blood money. It's oil money.

filham

The no 9 Fulham shirt is up for grabs, I suspect there will be three contenders until Christmas and then with us in the relegation zone and not scoring goals we will be prepared to spend big money for an average striker.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on July 26, 2023, 12:06:41 PMThe no 9 Fulham shirt is up for grabs, I suspect there will be three contenders until Christmas and then with us in the relegation zone and not scoring goals we will be prepared to spend big money for an average striker.

It worries me when you are so optimistic.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: blingo on July 26, 2023, 11:38:33 AM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 26, 2023, 11:34:34 AM

It's not blood money. It's oil money.

Sure, just like plantation owners in America got rich from cotton money and warlords in Africa got rich from diamond money.

I won't stop supporting Fulham because we accept a transfer fee for Mitro but it's getting closer to a point where I give up on top level football altogether. Greed and corruption has more or less ruined it for me.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Most of the English players in the 1966 W Cup winning team were averaging around £20 a week with their clubs. Their wives and girlfriends were earning more than them. So when you look at the obscene amounts of money thats paid for playing football today, you can hardly complain when the likes of the Saudi's decided to get in on the act and upped the anti. Why all the hysterics now masked by outcries about human rights abuses, when the ridiculous and obscene money being bandied about was already going on under our noses. Who exactly is responsible for allowing this whole situation to get to this point?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on July 26, 2023, 12:43:54 PMMost of the English players in the 1966 W Cup winning team were averaging around £20 a week with their clubs. Their wives and girlfriends were earning more than them. So when you look at the obscene amounts of money thats paid for playing football today, you can hardly complain when the likes of the Saudi's decided to get in on the act and upped the anti. Why all the hysterics now masked by outcries about human rights abuses, when the ridiculous and obscene money being bandied about was already going on under our noses. Who exactly is responsible for allowing this whole situation to get to this point?

Two things here. Money and tv money has made the game less enjoyable. But the game become worse when we find out the ruling body who runs football and other sports are corrupt. So some have been rightly hysterical for some time about corruption and the money in and around the game we love.

Second thing and I wont go on about it. But corruption is not the same as murder and slavery. This isn't masking anything. Some like me become hysterical when corruption becomes murder. I may be disgusted at the prices and wages and the fact this has made the game almost unpalatable. But throw in World Cups that have been bought by corrupting the ruling bodies. Throw in the hypocritical smiling faces who kneel down to protest treatment of minorities then go off to the worst regimes in the World for cruelty and murder.

Then we have the completion of the circle. Yes money and corruption has spoilt the game I love. But murder and cruelty with a smile has meant I tend to draw a line. Nobody cares but golf and football are not games I will spend time and money (ha ha ha ha) yes I know I can't afford it anymore anyway, bothering too much about. But Sixty years of love and involvement is a hard drug to just push away.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2023, 12:59:19 PM
Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on July 26, 2023, 12:43:54 PMMost of the English players in the 1966 W Cup winning team were averaging around £20 a week with their clubs. Their wives and girlfriends were earning more than them. So when you look at the obscene amounts of money thats paid for playing football today, you can hardly complain when the likes of the Saudi's decided to get in on the act and upped the anti. Why all the hysterics now masked by outcries about human rights abuses, when the ridiculous and obscene money being bandied about was already going on under our noses. Who exactly is responsible for allowing this whole situation to get to this point?

Two things here. Money and tv money has made the game less enjoyable. But the game become worse when we find out the ruling body who runs football and other sports are corrupt. So some have been rightly hysterical for some time about corruption and the money in and around the game we love.

Second thing and I wont go on about it. But corruption is not the same as murder and slavery. This isn't masking anything. Some like me become hysterical when corruption becomes murder. I may be disgusted at the prices and wages and the fact this has made the game almost unpalatable. But throw in World Cups that have been bought by corrupting the ruling bodies. Throw in the hypocritical smiling faces who kneel down to protest treatment of minorities then go off to the worst regimes in the World for cruelty and murder.

Then we have the completion of the circle. Yes money and corruption has spoilt the game I love. But murder and cruelty with a smile has meant I tend to draw a line. Nobody cares but golf and football are not games I will spend time and money (ha ha ha ha) yes I know I can't afford it anymore anyway, bothering too much about. But Sixty years of love and involvement is a hard drug to just push away.

Let's not forget the 6500 who died building the world cup stadiums who were essentially brushed under the carpet.

H4usuallysitting

Didn't the fat bloke want away before to China....or am I wrong

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: filham on July 26, 2023, 12:06:41 PMThe no 9 Fulham shirt is up for grabs, I suspect there will be three contenders until Christmas and then with us in the relegation zone and not scoring goals we will be prepared to spend big money for an average striker.

Every single season, man!

C'mon, chill a little, enjoy yourself!  ::wine::  ::scarf::

filham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 12:15:15 PM

It worries me when you are so optimistic.

OK let us try to be optimistic. The number nine shirt is up for grabs and three strikers will be in contention, by Christmas one of them will score ten goals and make the position his own. By the end of the season his goal tally will increase to 15 which will be sufficient to give us a 17th place finish.

My heart is not in that statement, I do believe in hoping for the best and planning for the worst.