What RJ signing means for other options

Started by Allprocro, July 26, 2023, 02:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:58:13 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on July 26, 2023, 11:49:23 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:40:23 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on July 26, 2023, 11:34:08 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:32:19 PMId love us to go in for Joel Piroe who is apparently available for 15m. I reckon we could do over Leicester and Leeds for him and when you look at his goalscoring he looks better than Joao Pedro who Brighton just spent 30m on.
Pedro is clearly the superior player though. And had PL experience.

His prem experience was 3 goals and he scored 11 last year in the champ. Piroe scored 22 and 19 in the last two seasons... (albeit both champ). I dont see why it is so cut and dried that Pedro is better.
Pedro didn't even play as a striker in most games, especially in the PL, is younger and is a more complete player. Goals aren't the only important thing.

But is he double as good?

For Brighton, goals are a very important thing, its where they have historically struggled. Piroe got 6 assists in the same league and Pedro got 7. I could be sure that if we got him then next summer if you were to put their seasons side-by-side taking fee, goals, assist, etc into account that we would be happier.
Maybe you're right, as I'm quite biased  ::smile::. I really like Joao Pedro. I've mentioned him as a player we should sign for quite a while. I just like his all around play better than Piroe, as well as his versatility (he can play all across the attack + as a 10).

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SerbianLad on July 27, 2023, 12:05:00 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:58:13 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on July 26, 2023, 11:49:23 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:40:23 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on July 26, 2023, 11:34:08 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:32:19 PMId love us to go in for Joel Piroe who is apparently available for 15m. I reckon we could do over Leicester and Leeds for him and when you look at his goalscoring he looks better than Joao Pedro who Brighton just spent 30m on.
Pedro is clearly the superior player though. And had PL experience.

His prem experience was 3 goals and he scored 11 last year in the champ. Piroe scored 22 and 19 in the last two seasons... (albeit both champ). I dont see why it is so cut and dried that Pedro is better.
Pedro didn't even play as a striker in most games, especially in the PL, is younger and is a more complete player. Goals aren't the only important thing.

But is he double as good?

For Brighton, goals are a very important thing, its where they have historically struggled. Piroe got 6 assists in the same league and Pedro got 7. I could be sure that if we got him then next summer if you were to put their seasons side-by-side taking fee, goals, assist, etc into account that we would be happier.
Maybe you're right, as I'm quite biased  ::smile::. I really like Joao Pedro. I've mentioned him as a player we should sign for quite a while. I just like his all around play better than Piroe, as well as his versatility (he can play all across the attack + as a 10).

Not going to lie I used to sign Piroe on FM for peanuts a few years ago and he scored alot for me so that definetely transfers into real life, right?

I bet you were gutted when Brighton got him (though I think the fee looks big to me) and Ill no doubt feel the same when inevitably Piroe ends up at Everton/ Leeds/ Leicester.

15m for a new striker who could learn off Jimenez would leave so much budget left for others - maybe Andre, CB, etc.