watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What RJ signing means for other options

Started by Allprocro, July 26, 2023, 02:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allprocro

Assuming we are going to make another big striker signing (or retain Mitro) the signing of RJ creates a pretty crowded race for 2nd/3rd options.

Does stansfield go back on loan?
Do we seek to sell Muniz or Vini?

What would you like to see happen at this position to the other options?

jayffc

Quote from: Allprocro on July 26, 2023, 02:36:43 PMAssuming we are going to make another big striker signing (or retain Mitro) the signing of RJ creates a pretty crowded race for 2nd/3rd options.

I read we wanted a championship loan for Stansfield, failing that imagine hell be back at exeter again.

And Muniz is allegedly being sold but well see

Somerset Fulham

Stansfield will go on loan.
Muniz will leave
The other two will be more than adequat backups for us, I think.  With each one offering something different.

alfie

Quote from: Allprocro on July 26, 2023, 02:36:43 PMAssuming we are going to make another big striker signing (or retain Mitro) the signing of RJ creates a pretty crowded race for 2nd/3rd options.

Keep Vinny, send Muniz and Stansfield on loan to a club that will play them .

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

We will still need a better striker than RJ when Mitro goes. Keep Vinny as another back up striker, sell Muniz or let him go on a free transfer as he isn't going to attract too much interest and loan out Jay again.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

Something has to go, with too many strikers match time becomes a problem.
Muniz and Stansfield on loan, with call back options.
Vinni and Jimminez rotated.
Mitro transfer fee maximised and put in container ready for shipment immediately.

Striker position now sorted, new centre back next priority.

Cutler

You all seem to assume that Mitrovic will be our first choice striker. Personally I don't think that's the case, he is refusing to train and therefore no games.

Allprocro

Quote from: Cutler on July 26, 2023, 04:51:44 PMYou all seem to assume that Mitrovic will be our first choice striker. Personally I don't think that's the case, he is refusing to train and therefore no games.

How are we assuming that? Even if Mitro stays and is sat we have an excess of forwards.... Vini, Muniz, Jay, RJ, Ivan and Bobby can play the position. That's just quite frankly too many on a roster.

There is a 0% chance Mitro doesn't get dealt and then sits. All this faff is over agent driven drama and a comment he made to his family??? O and he liked a few instagram posts, oh dear me, dear me. He is training by the way, he just isn't training with the team, we also don't know the conditions of that, could have been worked out between him and Marco.

Is his behavior annoying and dissapointing, yes. Is it going to cause a football club to waste a 50m club asset? I hope not/no it won't.

LC

We'll have Vinicius and Jimenez and we'll sign 1 more- probably someone who we plan to start, presuming Mitrovic leaves.

Jimenez can play deeper so he'll create competition for places.

Muniz will likely be sold and JS will go out on loan

Twig

Is Stansfield still playing as a proper striker? I thought he was now playing in a deeper lying role, effectively an attacking mid.

Matt10

Aston Villa game is a huge one for Muniz and Stansfield. Hoping they both score to put some difficult decisions in place for Silva.

RAY Rock ????

I don't think Stansfield and Muniz scoring in a training match will have any bearing on what Silva does with them.

Matt10

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on July 26, 2023, 07:59:48 PMI don't think Stansfield and Muniz scoring in a training match will have any bearing on what Silva does with them.

How could it not? It's a competitive test for those players whether it's a friendly or not. Any coach worth their salt would be certainly using this time to judge those who are trialing to make their team.

Deuce

Quote from: Matt10 on July 26, 2023, 08:11:20 PM
Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on July 26, 2023, 07:59:48 PMI don't think Stansfield and Muniz scoring in a training match will have any bearing on what Silva does with them.

How could it not? It's a competitive test for those players whether it's a friendly or not. Any coach worth their salt would be certainly using this time to judge those who are trialing to make their team.
Because its ONE game, and its a friendly. Its likely that Stansfield is not just yet up to it and that a loan to the Championship is a better way to progress.

Muniz is not a prem striker just yet either, and its a real shame about his Boro loan because I really believe he would beenfit from a full season in the Championship. But it looks likely that we are going to sell him this summer.

When we get our Mitro replacement, I dont see much point for Vini to stick around to be honest. No use being third choice striker when we are only using one striker in our formation

Matt10

Quote from: Deuce on July 26, 2023, 10:14:09 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on July 26, 2023, 08:11:20 PM

Because its ONE game, and its a friendly. Its likely that Stansfield is not just yet up to it and that a loan to the Championship is a better way to progress.

Muniz is not a prem striker just yet either, and its a real shame about his Boro loan because I really believe he would beenfit from a full season in the Championship. But it looks likely that we are going to sell him this summer.

When we get our Mitro replacement, I dont see much point for Vini to stick around to be honest. No use being third choice striker when we are only using one striker in our formation

Right, it's not just 'one' game - it's a progression of games. Do you think they are only judged in practices? Where there's no way to truly recreate match competition? Who's a gamer vs a practice maestro? Who deals with pressure to perform? These are defining moments because it's a test not just for a team, but individuals who are on the 'cut-line' - and that's where Muniz and Stansfield are.

The signing of Jimenez just moved someone from the cut-line to being cut. They may have an outside chance, but it will depend on how they perform in the next matches. Remember that time is not on their side either because we're in a transfer window. That's why this is a big game for them because it is their possible last game that Silva is still considering them.

Marcel_Gecov

Id love us to go in for Joel Piroe who is apparently available for 15m. I reckon we could do over Leicester and Leeds for him and when you look at his goalscoring he looks better than Joao Pedro who Brighton just spent 30m on.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:32:19 PMId love us to go in for Joel Piroe who is apparently available for 15m. I reckon we could do over Leicester and Leeds for him and when you look at his goalscoring he looks better than Joao Pedro who Brighton just spent 30m on.
Pedro is clearly the superior player though. And had PL experience.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SerbianLad on July 26, 2023, 11:34:08 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:32:19 PMId love us to go in for Joel Piroe who is apparently available for 15m. I reckon we could do over Leicester and Leeds for him and when you look at his goalscoring he looks better than Joao Pedro who Brighton just spent 30m on.

His prem experience was 3 goals and he scored 11 last year in the champ. Piroe scored 22 and 19 in the last two seasons... (albeit both champ). I dont see why it is so cut and dried that Pedro is better.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:40:23 PM

His prem experience was 3 goals and he scored 11 last year in the champ. Piroe scored 22 and 19 in the last two seasons... (albeit both champ). I dont see why it is so cut and dried that Pedro is better.
Pedro didn't even play as a striker in most games, especially in the PL, is younger and is a more complete player. Goals aren't the only important thing.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SerbianLad on July 26, 2023, 11:49:23 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 26, 2023, 11:40:23 PM

Pedro didn't even play as a striker in most games, especially in the PL, is younger and is a more complete player. Goals aren't the only important thing.

But is he double as good?

For Brighton, goals are a very important thing, its where they have historically struggled. Piroe got 6 assists in the same league and Pedro got 7. I could be sure that if we got him then next summer if you were to put their seasons side-by-side taking fee, goals, assist, etc into account that we would be happier.