JackHamlet90

Jimenez & Bassey looked good
Nice to see Pereira back big boost
Lukic I thought had a good game
We miss Mitro
Mbabu struggled again
Dibley Dias looks a talent

StuinSalop

Quote from: jayffc on July 30, 2023, 09:43:17 PMDisappointing game on the whole but unsurprising given all were missing.

CHO signing news is very timely for a pick me up.

Bassey strong but also unrefined and caught out a couple times. Reams spot to lose. Needs a couple weeks to get up to speed.

No one really stood out

Jimi has some promise and outs himself about, working off scraps though.

Lots to do and CHO is a good start

Thought Bassey was excellent.Β 

Bobsffc

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 30, 2023, 10:36:08 PMJimenez & Bassey looked good
We miss Mitro
Mbabu struggled again

I agree with all of that. I also agree with you about
Lukic. I'm quite surprised to see the negative comments about his performance - I thought his passing and his general energy levels were both very good today.

The Law

Final summary of play on Carlos/Raul...

Vinicius

1' – Whiffed on a hold up clearance ball
2' – Received a pass in the final third and turned it over
3' – Thru ball to nobody
9' – Hustled to get a touch in the box on a hopeful pass and got a deflection for a corner
20' – Ball over his head for the goal from corner kick
28' – Received a throw at midfield, dribbled along the touchline and passed back to a fullback – first completed pass!
46' – Another whiff (with a simulated pirouette) on a clearing ball from the keeper

Raul

47' – Pass back (completed) from a throw in
49' – Pressured keeper resulting in a turnover
51' – Received clearing ball and held up ball for a foul retaining possession
52' – Received pass in the box and laid off to Willian resulting in a shot
53' – Competed for header against keeper on a cross from Robinson
53' – Received pass in the box and attempted shot which was blocked
58' – Received pass in midfield, carried the ball and tried a thru ball in the box
64' – Received clearing ball in midfield and made errant pass to the winger resulting in a turnover and foul by Lukic
67' – Received ball in midfield and made pass out wide and received ball in the box under pressure
68' – Half chance after a fifty-yard run receiving a cross by Pereira
71' – Battled for 50/50 ball just out the 18-yard box
74' – Attempted flick on at midfield that was incomplete
76' – Won header in the box which resulted in a shot on target
77' – Got head on the ball after a clearing ball that fell short to winger
79' – Received ball in midfield and turned it over on a pass back to the fullback
80' – Received throw in in the box and passed back resulting in an unsuccessful cross
82' – Flick on header completed in the box
84' – Received pass in attacking third and completed lay off pass
85' – Intercepted pass and completed back pass in midfield
86' – Received throw in and completed lay off resulting in a foul by the defense
88' – Received pass in midfield and laid it off successfully
91' – Received pass in midfield and laid it off successfully

love4ffc

Agree didn't think Vinicius had the best game but also didn't think he got the best service in to the final third.Β  Β Raul looks promising.Β  Lots of positive movement and really seemed to want to link up play with those around him.Β  Think the more he plays and learns the rest of his teammates the better he'll look and do.Β 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.Β  How will you standout when it counts?

..FOF..

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 30, 2023, 10:36:08 PMDibley Dias looks a talent

Dibley Dias was very promising against Aston Villa too.

Also it looks like the seniors have taken a liking and building good rapport with him too while they were touring Universal Studio Orlando.

jayffc

Quote from: love4ffc on July 31, 2023, 01:55:56 AMAgree didn't think Vinicius had the best game but also didn't think he got the best service in to the final third.Β  Β Raul looks promising.Β  Lots of positive movement and really seemed to want to link up play with those around him.Β  Think the more he plays and learns the rest of his teammates the better he'll look and do.Β 

This is my take, I think it's really encouraging to see someone a bit more mobile up top and capable of getting around the pitch a bit more quickly than both Mitro and Vini. Both the latter are pretty good instinctive shooters but Jimi definitely covers more ground and potentially is more agile on the ball. Nice to have a slightly different striking option. Makes me wonder what a Balogun or other even more rapid striker would bring to the club linking between Willian/Periera/Wilson and potentially 2 new wingers like CHO

cottage expat

Quote from: JackHamlet90 on July 30, 2023, 10:36:08 PMJimenez & Bassey looked good
We miss Mitro
Mbabu struggled again

Agree with this plus Bassey looked very promising.

I was at the game, greatly outnumbered by "the lot down the road"fans.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Law on July 31, 2023, 01:44:20 AMFinal summary of play on Carlos/Raul...

Vinicius

1' – Whiffed on a hold up clearance ball
2' – Received a pass in the final third and turned it over
3' – Thru ball to nobody
9' – Hustled to get a touch in the box on a hopeful pass and got a deflection for a corner
20' – Ball over his head for the goal from corner kick
28' – Received a throw at midfield, dribbled along the touchline and passed back to a fullback – first completed pass!
46' – Another whiff (with a simulated pirouette) on a clearing ball from the keeper

Raul

47' – Pass back (completed) from a throw in
49' – Pressured keeper resulting in a turnover
51' – Received clearing ball and held up ball for a foul retaining possession
52' – Received pass in the box and laid off to Willian resulting in a shot
53' – Competed for header against keeper on a cross from Robinson
53' – Received pass in the box and attempted shot which was blocked
58' – Received pass in midfield, carried the ball and tried a thru ball in the box
64' – Received clearing ball in midfield and made errant pass to the winger resulting in a turnover and foul by Lukic
67' – Received ball in midfield and made pass out wide and received ball in the box under pressure
68' – Half chance after a fifty-yard run receiving a cross by Pereira
71' – Battled for 50/50 ball just out the 18-yard box
74' – Attempted flick on at midfield that was incomplete
76' – Won header in the box which resulted in a shot on target
77' – Got head on the ball after a clearing ball that fell short to winger
79' – Received ball in midfield and turned it over on a pass back to the fullback
80' – Received throw in in the box and passed back resulting in an unsuccessful cross
82' – Flick on header completed in the box
84' – Received pass in attacking third and completed lay off pass
85' – Intercepted pass and completed back pass in midfield
86' – Received throw in and completed lay off resulting in a foul by the defense
88' – Received pass in midfield and laid it off successfully
91' – Received pass in midfield and laid it off successfully

Sounds promising re Jimenez. We've missed Mitro's hold up play, something Vinicius struggles with. I also feel Vinicius doesn't make enough runs, too static.

Bassey the warrior

To those that watched the full game, what made Bassey so good and how was his passing?

SerbianLad

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 01, 2023, 05:17:26 PMTo those that watched the full game, what made Bassey so good and how was his passing?
I think he had a very decent debut. I wouldn't single anything out, thought his all around performance was solid. Same with Jimenez.