more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for tonight and match day thread - Chelsea v Fulham Preseason

Started by sunburywhite, July 30, 2023, 06:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

I half expect Mitro to be on the bench
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

General

Strange this summer series. We've had so many injuries and such a small squad you'd be forgiven to think it's a bit of a write off, but, and it's a big if, if we beat Chelsea this evening we win the whole thing. Haha.

I don't think we will win the whole thing, because of the size of our squad and injuries, but would be good obviously if we did.

I imagine we'll see a team similar to the one we saw at villa, perhaps with Jimenez coming off the bench.

Palhinha isn't fit, Ream and pereira (I don't know their return dates), bassey is still technically waiting for clearance.

I'd like to see us field our strongest team from the start though.

Tosin and Diop.

Robinson hopefully back with tete

JEEVES

Quote from: General on July 30, 2023, 06:24:20 PMStrange this summer series. We've had so many injuries and such a small squad you'd be forgiven to think it's a bit of a write off, but, and it's a big if, if we beat Chelsea this evening we win the whole thing. Haha.

I don't think we will win the whole thing, because of the size of our squad and injuries, but would be good obviously if we did.

I imagine we'll see a team similar to the one we saw at villa, perhaps with Jimenez coming off the bench.

Palhinha isn't fit, Ream and pereira (I don't know their return dates), bassey is still technically waiting for clearance.

Tosin and Diop.

Unfortunately, if villa beat Brentford (they're winning now), only Chelsea or villa can win it.

perry geyton

Painful to watch

I turned the last game off after half an hour

General

Quote from: perry geyton on July 30, 2023, 06:38:21 PMPainful to watch

I turned the last game off after half an hour

Wasn't it 3-2 or 2-2 at that point?

General

Tosin not even on the bench. Bassey is though so perhaps he's had his clearance through already? I imagine Tosin will be off then. He's hardly played in preseason and is meant to be fit.

?s=20

Tabby

Assume that Jimenez will get a run out second half.

Looking a lot better with Robinson back in the side, interesting to see if Bassey gets a run out too.

The Cravenette

Muniz disappeared too

Tabby

Quote from: The Cravenette on July 30, 2023, 06:50:28 PMMuniz disappeared too

The plan seems to have been to evaluate him over preseason, same as Mbabu. Think the current injuries is the only reason Mbabu is even on the bench given that he said he only had "two fullbacks" in the interview.

Been interest from Brazil for Muniz, assume he'll go back.

jayffc

Yup game over for Muniz assuming he's not injured

Looking forward to some Godo and Harris action as well as of course Bassey and Jimi

Not expecting a win, have a feeling weirdly that tonights the night young Luc gets a bit exposed by Chelsea forward line but hopefully not!

General

Quote from: jayffc on July 30, 2023, 06:53:56 PMYup game over for Muniz assuming he's not injured

Strange isn't it, he looked very sharp eyed and had a decent amount of technical ability the season we got promoted. Some of the goals he scored were ridiculous and he had the timing and the clinical finish.

The only thing perhaps going against him was that he was quite a sluggish runner, a bit too stocky and slow.. a shame as definitely has talent and was a nice guy, would be good to see him shine.

Perhaps the move to the UK was all a bit too much too soon, though he did do well for us in our promotion season.

alfie

Quote from: General on July 30, 2023, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: jayffc on July 30, 2023, 06:53:56 PMYup game over for Muniz assuming he's not injured

Strange isn't it, he looked very sharp eyed and had a decent amount of technical ability the season we got promoted. Some of the goals he scored were ridiculous and he had the timing and the clinical finish.

The only thing perhaps going against him was that he was quite a sluggish runner, a bit too stocky and slow.. a shame as definitely has talent and was a nice guy, would be good to see him shine.

Perhaps the move to the UK was all a bit too much too soon, though he did do well for us in our promotion season.
Sitting around at Boro didn't help him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JEEVES

Quote from: JEEVES on July 30, 2023, 06:32:04 PM
Quote from: General on July 30, 2023, 06:24:20 PMStrange this summer series. We've had so many injuries and such a small squad you'd be forgiven to think it's a bit of a write off, but, and it's a big if, if we beat Chelsea this evening we win the whole thing. Haha.

Tosin and Diop.

Unfortunately, if villa beat Brentford (they're winning now), only Chelsea or villa can win it.

Ooh game ended 3-3 so we can still win this thing which is interesting.

SerbianLad

Bassey on the bench is a nice surprise. Looking forward to seeing him and Jimenez.

St Eve

Anyone who is at the game please say hello to my daughter Jacqueline. She is hanging out with all of the great Fulham fans

Sting of the North

Quote from: General on July 30, 2023, 06:46:58 PMTosin not even on the bench. Bassey is though so perhaps he's had his clearance through already? I imagine Tosin will be off then. He's hardly played in preseason and is meant to be fit.

?s=20

Wasn't it reported that Tosin carries a slight injury. That's the official explanation to why he hasn't been included so far. Can't see why tonight is any different in that regards, unless I have missed an update that he is fully fit and available for selection.

jayffc

Very interesting:

Tete is captain despite cairneys inclusion

ffc73

Being rumoured that we have agreed a deal with Monaco for Tosin, with deal to be finalised by end of next week.  Or not.  It is on Silly Season thread.

JEEVES

Quote from: jayffc on July 30, 2023, 07:08:09 PMVery interesting:

Where have you seen that?

FFCAli

Quote from: JEEVES on July 30, 2023, 07:12:25 PM
Quote from: jayffc on July 30, 2023, 07:08:09 PMVery interesting:

Where have you seen that?

Sky