News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fair Play To the Notts County fans on so many levels....

Started by mrska, February 15, 2010, 10:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

The Notts County fans were wonderful yesterday. Not just because of their numbers 4,000 +...  but the way they took defeat.

Before the game  i was chatting to some groups of County fans.. good banter  but also trying to find out what was going on down there.  They had no answers..  just feel they've been well and truly shafted.

During the game they  sung and made some impressive noise.  I have a friend who is the supervisor of security in the Putney End who said they were by fair the best and most respectful fans they've had to deal will for seasons.  Most of them actually sitting down.. rather than doing the usual arrogant premiership  "I'll Stand if i want to"

After the game we walked through the park..  yet more banter and good conversation with genuine football fans..

Notts County Fans.. you're a credit to your club.

JBH

Shame about the minority that could do nothing but bad mouth Fulham after the game, saying

" We played boring football, had boring fans and a crap ground!"

still the answer they got was straight and to the point from the Fulham Fans in the vicinity.

Boring Fulham win 4 - 0 at a canter, in the top half of the Premiership, still in the FA Cup, so Jog on back to your coaches and get back up to Nottingham to see if you still have a club to support!

It was their Cup Final and because they beat Wigan they thought that they would roll us over, so Im just glad we gave them a reality check.

Its a shame that a small element of fans give the good ones a bad rep.  ;)

mrska

Quote from: JBH on February 15, 2010, 11:54:38 AM
Shame about the minority that could do nothing but bad mouth Fulham after the game, saying

" We played boring football, had boring fans and a crap ground!"

still the answer they got was straight and to the point from the Fulham Fans in the vicinity.

Boring Fulham win 4 - 0 at a canter, in the top half of the Premiership, still in the FA Cup, so Jog on back to your coaches and get back up to Nottingham to see if you still have a club to support!

It was their Cup Final and because they beat Wigan they thought that they would roll us over, so Im just glad we gave them a reality check.

Its a shame that a small element of fans give the good ones a bad rep.  ;)

Fair play JBH..  if i'd of heard that  my opinion would of been different.. i think all clubs  including our own  have bad apples...  my experience of Notts County was very possitive, but i do take your point.

finnster01

Show me a club that does not have a few bad eggs, especially away from home?

Then there are clubs that have many bad eggs whether it is home or away. Brum, Liverpool, Wolves, Hull, Gillingham, Derby, Millwall etc.

Notts County certainly does not belong to the latter
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

I enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday..  felt like the days of the lower leagues..  with Supporters swapping songs at each other....  The Classic was when the Notts County Fans were singing  'who are ya?'  'who are ya?'....  when we scored our 4th.  We all responded straight away with  WHO ARE YA?  WHO ARE YA?  back at them.. whilst i stood up fist clentched shouting..We're Fulham FC  thats who we F**ckin are!!!!!!!

Admin

Quote from: mrska on February 15, 2010, 03:56:27 PM
I enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday..  felt like the days of the lower leagues..  with Supporters swapping songs at each other....  The Classic was when the Notts County Fans were singing  'who are ya?'  'who are ya?'....  when we scored our 4th.  We all responded straight away with  WHO ARE YA?  WHO ARE YA?  back at them.. whilst i stood up fist clentched shouting..We're Fulham FC  thats who we F**ckin are!!!!!!!

Are you sure it wasn't with a limp fist Dean, slightly bent to the right with your hip stuck out? Shouting "Oooo Chase me, chase me, catch me if you can".

mrska

Quote from: Admin on February 15, 2010, 05:50:53 PM
Quote from: mrska on February 15, 2010, 03:56:27 PM

Are you sure it wasn't with a limp fist Dean, slightly bent to the right with your hip stuck out? Shouting "Oooo Chase me, chase me, catch me if you can".

No mate, youre old man wasn't at the game...  i only have eyes for him..  you know that..

JezamyBates

they outsung us all game (no suprise) and on several occasions found time to take the piss out of how quiet we were.

i agree mrska, the way they took defeat and the day as a whole should be commended