watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC "villains"

Started by FulhamKC, August 01, 2023, 09:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Aboubakar Kamara. Also agree with the list above and Michael Brown, who was a PoS and embarrassment to the shirt.

Willham

Quote from: Dr Know on August 01, 2023, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: cookieg on August 01, 2023, 09:56:25 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on August 01, 2023, 09:54:12 PMWhy Lee Clark

Must be something deep and dark for Lee Clark to be brought up. He was super for us.
Super for us going sideways or backwards, apart from Ray Wilkins Clark was the most negative player I've seen in a Fulham shirt !

So surprised by this, the first imagine I always get thinking of Lee Clark is walking off the pitch at half time after battering man utd at Old Trafford for 45 mins but conceding last kick of the half to make us going in at 1 - 1 and Clark motioned to someone/the team 'keep your chins up'

ianthailand

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on August 01, 2023, 10:04:18 PMMichael Brown
Oh yes. One of the the most disgusting players ever, now making a living talking about a sport he knows nothing about.

Holders

Other people's nominations but Loftus Cheek and Chris Martin.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Can only think of South-African, Ken Hewkins, reserve keeper to the great Tony Macedo back in the early 60's, when I first began supporting Fulham, because he was the only player  who would never sign his autograph for me, even after I chased him up Stevenage road, and he seemed a miserable so and so.

Seriously, I can't think of any Fulham players I've personally disliked, since I've never met any of them, and I've seen all sorts - many  coming to Fulham back in the day, for a last pay day.
Like, ex-West ham, England international, Johnny Byrne for example, an early hero of mine when he was a youngster at Palace, whom I supported before Fulham because of my family, but was overweight and pretty useless, when he played for Fulham.

But as far as I'm concerned they're all doing a job at the at the end of the day, and trying to earn a few bob in an insecure profession, especially in the pre Prem days.

I've no idea what it is like to be a pro footballer, or any pro athlete, doing what  most of us do as an enjoyable hobby- dreaming of  becoming a pro, as their, short, career; and it's how they support themselves and their families.
Any player can suffer a sudden, career ending injury, or just fall out of favour, and their career is finished, especially harsh back in the day, when you just had to get another job, but may not have any other experience or skills.

Frank Large was a butt of the crowd, having  replaced the great Allan Clarke, and being woefully inadequate  for the role, but he always seemed to give his all, and I liked the bloke, must have been hard for him.

Fans  will also criticise a player for lack of effort, the worst crime for most fans, but you can't always tell  if a player is trying his best or not.
I always put 100% effort in as young player, but just wasn't much good!

_Putney_

Michael Brown for sure.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Dr Know on August 01, 2023, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: cookieg on August 01, 2023, 09:56:25 PM
Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on August 01, 2023, 09:54:12 PMWhy Lee Clark

Must be something deep and dark for Lee Clark to be brought up. He was super for us.
Super for us going sideways or backwards, apart from Ray Wilkins Clark was the most negative player I've seen in a Fulham shirt !

All about opinions I guess, but would imagine the vast majority of Fulham fans would shake their heads in disbelief at that comment

bog

Michael Brown, Peter Storey, Rueben Leftus Quick.

filham

Quote from: Dr Know on August 01, 2023, 09:31:04 PMLee Clark and Boa Morte !
With all due respect to Barrat, Walker, Tosh and Duffy, Boa was our best ever wide left player. Surely everyone liked him.
This post is a wind up and it has had instant success.

Lordedmundo

Agree on Mark Cooper, Chris Martin, Darren Bent

I did also find Paul Trollope, Scott Parker and Loftus-Cheek very hard to like.

Michael Brown I can understand also, although I've seen him be positive towards Fulham as a pundit so wil let him off!

Kamara was ok - just a bit of an idiot!

Chris M

Parker, Sidwell, Michael Brown, Bent

Bill2

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on August 01, 2023, 10:04:18 PMMichael Brown
Was about to say the same, never liked dirty players.

Fulham 442

The first name to spring to mind for me was Michael Brown and it seems I am not alone!!

Ara's bacon crisps

I'd agree with Mark Cooper and add Kevin Ball and Andy Melville. All three were stealing a living in my opinion.

ffcne

Penfold

Mark Cooper - so bad his old man was desperate to flog him to us.

Woolly Mammoth

I liked Peter Storey as a footballer, he was a terminator and every team needs one.

I bumped into him in the 1980s up Shaftesbury avenue after he retired, he had just been released from one of her majesty's hotels, i shall not reveal the reason why he was a guest.
I was a Drayman/Driver working for Charringtons delivering Barrels and crates of beer to a Theatre, and his crew pulled up delivering soft drinks for another company.
He actually looked quite frail and not particularly healthy at the time, he had not aged well.

Nevertheless he was a warrior and a hit man on the pitch, his nick name was Cold Eyes, he was a silent assassin, not to be messed with.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Storey had been a crucial player in the Arsenal Double winning side, as a feared midfield enforcer, the type every team needed in those days, and he  performed the same role for Fulham - that was his job and he did it well, I thought.

We used to get quite a few players from Arsenal in those days, and still do I suppose, with Leno such an asset.
Jackie Henderson is another I remember from the early 60's, Scottish international attacking midfielder, and  a regular alongside Haynes , etc. at one time.
Also, the  ex- 'new Georgie Best', Peter Marinello, playing on the wing in the late 70's.

Finnans Right Peg

Chris martin ,he made it clear he didnt want to stay with us .

Didn't really hate Michael brown ,was always glad he was in our team and not playing against us

Stevieboy

I seriously cannot believe this thread, encouraging such negative comments.
Unbelievable!!