watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muniz and others

Started by Thames Bank 1, August 01, 2023, 09:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thames Bank 1

Apparently we are stalling on sale of Muniz, do you think let him go, as he is not part of Marcos plans, also what is going on with Knockeart, cavaleiro and Kongolo, are they gone or going, that would be a big save on wages

RAY Rock ????

We are stalling on everything .
New Stand
Mitrovic
Silva
New signings
The deadwood

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on August 01, 2023, 09:52:47 PMApparently we are stalling on sale of Muniz, do you think let him go, as he is not part of Marcos plans, also what is going on with Knockeart, cavaleiro and Kongolo, are they gone or going, that would be a big save on wages

I don't think we should sell Muniz unless we can get all our money back. Give him a chance to prove himself on loan, where he will get more minutes than last year. He's still only 22.

hovewhite

Should keep him,send him on loan to a championship club that use him not let him rot in there 2nds.

Arthur

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on August 01, 2023, 10:06:06 PMWe are stalling on everything .
New Stand
Mitrovic
Silva
New signings
The deadwood

While there will always be times when a balance needs to be struck, if it comes down to our being a Club which buys at the first fee we are quoted and sells at the first sum we are offered, or our being a Club that buys at the cheapest fee another will accept and sells for the highest sum another will offer, I know which end of the spectrum I would rather we were towards.

What about you?

toshes mate

As long as the Club has learned lessons about Knockaert and Cavaleiro (yes a poor club structure and a bad manager can do a lot of damage for a lot longer than we might expect after the mistake is discovered) and Muniz (in terms of how difficult the Club has found it to replace out going good strikers since Rigg was allowed to quit) then we may have at least looked at how we can do better (or have we?).

Neither Cavaleiro nor Knockaert are bad players but they sure had a poor coaching team when push came to shove. May be too late for them now which is sad. It is so important for recruitment to be alive and alert 24/7/365 but not because it is software ... which completely misses that human touch.

bog

A disappointment Muniz has not come through. Marco is good at getting the best out of players. Perhaps it is time to move on. If he does then good luck to him.   

alfie

Quote from: bog on August 02, 2023, 04:28:45 PMA disappointment Muniz has not come through. Marco is good at getting the best out of players. Perhaps it is time to move on. If he does then good luck to him.   
He hasn't been here for Marco to get the best out of him, he has been wasting his time sitting around at Borough, thanks to Carrick, if he had been played I think we would be looking at an exciting young player, is it too late for him here I wonder?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2023, 04:53:32 PM
Quote from: bog on August 02, 2023, 04:28:45 PMA disappointment Muniz has not come through. Marco is good at getting the best out of players. Perhaps it is time to move on. If he does then good luck to him.   
He hasn't been here for Marco to get the best out of him, he has been wasting his time sitting around at Borough, thanks to Carrick, if he had been played I think we would be looking at an exciting young player, is it too late for him here I wonder?

He needs a loan. According to Whoscored he's only played 62 senior games in his career, 23 of which were off the bench for Fulham. That's really not that much, there's still time to improve.

FFC1987

Needs to go out on loan and get a run of games and some confidence. He shows in isolation some promising attributes. Clearly can finish and is strong/quick but won't get what he really needs at the club. Unless we can recoup all of his transfer fee, I wouldn't drop him yet.

Jims Dentist

Never will be a prem player.

SerbianLad

Why can't Saudis bid for Cavaleiro or Knockaert?  ::wine::

@jolslover

What I don't understand really is why Silva plays (both this and last pre-season) youth players ahead of Cavaleiro - must really not rate him which is strange as at Wolves he was a good prem squad player when they got a top half finish.
STH H3

Willham

Quote from: @jolslover on August 04, 2023, 01:21:05 AMWhat I don't understand really is why Silva plays (both this and last pre-season) youth players ahead of Cavaleiro - must really not rate him which is strange as at Wolves he was a good prem squad player when they got a top half finish.

I second this, cavaleiro was never the actual problem, parker putting so much weight on his shoulders and playing him out of position was,

I don't believe he's a first team player by a long shot but can he do a job on the wing? Maybe so. It is a little surprise he's never been given the chance. You'd think he'd fit the silva criteria for a winger too, works hard, has some trickery and gets into good positions

The Cravenette

Quote from: Willham on August 04, 2023, 01:29:00 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 04, 2023, 01:21:05 AMWhat I don't understand really is why Silva plays (both this and last pre-season) youth players ahead of Cavaleiro - must really not rate him which is strange as at Wolves he was a good prem squad player when they got a top half finish.

I second this, cavaleiro was never the actual problem, parker putting so much weight on his shoulders and playing him out of position was,

I don't believe he's a first team player by a long shot but can he do a job on the wing? Maybe so. It is a little surprise he's never been given the chance. You'd think he'd fit the silva criteria for a winger too, works hard, has some trickery and gets into good positions
I sort of agree with Cav being a decent player but it is almost like he and Knock have gone. Has anyone seen any photos of them at Motspur Park? I follow both on socials and they have not posted anything but family shots. Its like they mo longer exist in the Fulham hemisphere.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: The Cravenette on August 04, 2023, 07:22:46 AM
Quote from: Willham on August 04, 2023, 01:29:00 AM

I sort of agree with Cav being a decent player but it is almost like he and Knock have gone. Has anyone seen any photos of them at Motspur Park? I follow both on socials and they have not posted anything but family shots. Its like they mo longer exist in the Fulham hemisphere.

Personally I think Muniz should be sold if is true that we were we were offered £5m. It is not a massive loss and it it would seem the best thing for the player - as there is no guarantee a Championship club will give him games if he goes on loan. There is little or no pathway for into our first team squad - because even if Mitro leaves, he will be replaced.

Checking Transfermarkt - Knockaert 1 goal and 1 assist from 9 appearances where he started most matches. Not great.

Cavaleiro's stats were better - 4 goals and 5 assists from 26 appearances isn't bad - especially as he only started half the games. But, the fact that he couldn't hold down a starting spot is not positive.