more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

£7:00 beer

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 05, 2023, 08:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Quote from: hovewhite on August 06, 2023, 05:32:37 AM
Quote from: General on August 06, 2023, 02:35:12 AMI remember a few times the club put out fan surveys and asked fans what their salary brackets were.. Needless to say they found out, fulham was labelled as having some of the most affluent fans and the prices have skyrocketed. All of it is dim.

I used to have season tickets and went every week. Now I go half a dozen times a season, if that and just watch the rest of streaming sites.

Even though I can afford it, I refuse to be robbed in daylight.

£100 for a ticket is extortionate, so are the prices for the highest season ticket and food and drink in the stands.

Absurd greed and detached pricing.

And sadly the FST have become a soft touch and achieved nothing on these key issues when they matter.

At last a post I agree with on rip off prices it's been an issue of mine which coinceded with the khans tenure of ownership 10 years ago.now I tend to avoid pubs full stop and buy a pork pie in a supermarket and a couple of beers in there and drink in bishops park before games such are prices in general on match days.
I refuse to be seen in the park drinking from a can, look like an alcoholic. Also I will not pay FFC prices I hate drinking in the ground out of plastic cups in the cold. I have a pre match pint in the City Arms on Hammersmith Bridge, cost about a fiver.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 05, 2023, 10:20:13 PMWas it £4.50 a pint if you bought half before ko?

Typo by me, I meant to say was it £4.50 more than half hour before ko like last season as I thought thst was reasonable tbf.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

General

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 06, 2023, 08:24:23 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 05, 2023, 10:20:13 PMWas it £4.50 a pint if you bought half before ko?

Typo by me, I meant to say was it £4.50 more than half hour before ko like last season as I thought thst was reasonable tbf.

Becomes increasingly quickly one of the cheapest pints in London. £7+ for a pint is odd. Admittedly it's on major imported beers at pubs, like Asahi, but still.

Everyone I go with to the pub, regardless of background or income, has an awareness of the pricey beers and that Asahi for instance is a 'treat' and definitely expensive for what it is. Any beer over £7 for a vast majority of people is considered stupidly expensive for a pint and not worthwhile.

Shredhead

I had one pint in the ground last season and couldn't finish it as it was too gassy (Camden 'Ale'). The few times I tried to get a savoury product, there was no veggie option. The food and drink on offer are expensive and (to me) unpalatable.  I prefer a pint in the Brickie or a visit to one of the Putney cafes.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

South Coast White

These prices and quality are both disgusting and outright robbery.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Allprocro on August 05, 2023, 10:41:49 PMInteresting that it is noticeably different than what is on the website.

Quote from: St Eve on August 05, 2023, 09:50:07 PMWho on earth would pay anything for a Berger or a hot dog? We should be selling good old English food like fish and chips, sausage rolls and pork pies

There were sausage rolls and pies on sale last year in multiple places, including the RS stands the matches I went to last year.

Original Post is a little needless imo, no one is not going to a game cause of this and quite frankly I don't care, but people keep finding more things to complain about.

It's to prepare people for our home game's....if they know the prices, they can budget accordingly.....simples

roberto w6

I might look at buying if they took cash (and I know this is a sign of my age and absolutely not a FFC issue but part of the direction society is going in) but I just can't be bothered with keeping a receipt and checking it against a statement for a £10 spend, or worse still relying on the contactless approach and racking my memory when a statement comes to see if it's correct. So if I fancy a snack on matchday, I'll get it from one of the 3 supermarkets I pass along Fulham Palace Rd

SP

A sandwich & drink bought in Putney for £5 & consumed in Bishop's Park works for us. Wouldn't eat anything offered in a football ground.

copthornemike

£7 for a pint followed by the unhygienic health hazard called the Hammy End toilets / pig trough / black holes (delete as appropriate).
Anytime now a FFC executive will spout the phrase 'supporter experience.'
Politically incorrect I know but can someone video the toilets and post to the Chairman and his right hand man.
You can bet the CEO will ensure the Chairman is unaware of the disgraceful 'supporter experience' off the pitch!

Stevieboy

When I was in the licensed trade the normal 'mark up' was 66%.....

Twig

Quote from: SG on August 06, 2023, 07:01:10 AMUnfortunately it's not just FFC and the Khans so I don't think it's fair to single them out.
Every sports venue in London is the same - a ticket at Lords this year £160 in one of the standard areas and rip off cost of the food and drink outlets. Add the exorbitant cost of replica kits £80 for a shirt etc and I don't understand how people with families afford these things.
I'm fortunate in that I could afford to pay the prices but as with others I will not be ripped off. So no food - sausage roll from Greggs is fine - no programme and no beers, just the season ticket where unfortunately my blind faith in supporting FFC probably means there's no limit to what I'd pay for myself, my sons and the grandchildren.
I agree if everyone stopped buying the food they'd have to do something. However every time I go there's only ever long queues at the outlets so the demand is still there

To be fair, I went to the Lords test and paid £125 not 160.  For that I got a full day's entertainment rather than 90 mins.  Yes the F & B was expensive but the selection way better that football grounds. In addition the facilities are much, much better. Frankly I think Prem football (and I'm not just singling out Fulham) compares poorly in terms of value.

alfie

Quote from: Twig on August 06, 2023, 10:41:39 AM
Quote from: SG on August 06, 2023, 07:01:10 AMUnfortunately it's not just FFC and the Khans so I don't think it's fair to single them out.
Every sports venue in London is the same - a ticket at Lords this year £160 in one of the standard areas and rip off cost of the food and drink outlets. Add the exorbitant cost of replica kits £80 for a shirt etc and I don't understand how people with families afford these things.
I'm fortunate in that I could afford to pay the prices but as with others I will not be ripped off. So no food - sausage roll from Greggs is fine - no programme and no beers, just the season ticket where unfortunately my blind faith in supporting FFC probably means there's no limit to what I'd pay for myself, my sons and the grandchildren.
I agree if everyone stopped buying the food they'd have to do something. However every time I go there's only ever long queues at the outlets so the demand is still there

To be fair, I went to the Lords test and paid £125 not 160.  For that I got a full day's entertainment rather than 90 mins.  Yes the F & B was expensive but the selection way better that football grounds. In addition the facilities are much, much better. Frankly I think Prem football (and I'm not just singling out Fulham) compares poorly in terms of value.
The food I experienced at Lords was awful, £6 for portion of chips that were stale, and when I say a portion well there were not enough to have a chip butty, and to wash it down, a pint of something resembling beer for £7 a pint.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Dodgin

My local social club, still under £3 a pint

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: copthornemike on August 06, 2023, 10:29:28 AM£7 for a pint followed by the unhygienic health hazard called the Hammy End toilets / pig trough / black holes (delete as appropriate).
Anytime now a FFC executive will spout the phrase 'supporter experience.'
Politically incorrect I know but can someone video the toilets and post to the Chairman and his right hand man.
You can bet the CEO will ensure the Chairman is unaware of the disgraceful 'supporter experience' off the pitch!

You're not supposed to eat your pie in the toilet

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Dodgin on August 06, 2023, 11:46:34 AMMy local social club, still under £3 a pint

I'm on my way

alfie

Quote from: Dodgin on August 06, 2023, 11:46:34 AMMy local social club, still under £3 a pint
I drink in Chiswick Memorial Club, £3.70 a pint there.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

mrmicawbers

Prefer to pay 6.80 for a pint of Camden than a fiver for the Carlsberg in the plastic bottle which is nasty.Still too expensive mind as is most beer in London.