£7:00 beer

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 05, 2023, 08:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Burger & pint £11:50
Pie & pint £10:80

These were some of the prices today at the ground

bobbo

My god that's profiteering at its worst . I'm so glad I don't touch alcohol or greasy burgers .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SG

Haven't bought food at the ground for sometime and at those prices I'm not about to start any time soon

Southcoastffc

If they were any good, that's not exorbitant.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Pieter A’dam

2 hotdogs: was charged £17,- !

Lester Burnham

H4usuallysitting

Hotdog & pint £11:10.... I photographed the price list

St Eve

Who on earth would pay anything for a Berger or a hot dog? We should be selling good old English food like fish and chips, sausage rolls and pork pies

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Was it £4.50 a pint if you bought half before ko?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Roberty

I guess you don't live in central London
I had to pay £7.20 for a pint of beer at a very average pub in Paddington this May
I think only spoons ae cheaper
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Allprocro

Interesting that it is noticeably different than what is on the website.

Quote from: St Eve on August 05, 2023, 09:50:07 PMWho on earth would pay anything for a Berger or a hot dog? We should be selling good old English food like fish and chips, sausage rolls and pork pies

There were sausage rolls and pies on sale last year in multiple places, including the RS stands the matches I went to last year.

Original Post is a little needless imo, no one is not going to a game cause of this and quite frankly I don't care, but people keep finding more things to complain about.

EN1 FFC

STOP BUYING FOOD & DRINK INSIDE THE GROUND
then they might get the message....
It's a Rip-off for what is poor quality, on top of the extortionate seating prices and poor facilities.

as long as you keep buying they will ignore us.

Willham

I have a little bit of context to add to the disgust of stadium prices.

I was once a manager at a pie business in hull, we had a number of shops and quite a name for ourselves in our small city. But as we were hull branded, they was a oublic push (that we facilited) to get our pies in the hull stadium, when we first approached the stadium team we were told they couldn't buy our pies for any more then £0.17 because as they said, that's the current rate.

That's a pukka pie microwaved and sold for at the time in the k.c. £4.50, that's an unbelievable price hike that's absolutely shocking!

Eventually we won the day with the correct marketing eventually the demand was so high the stadium team had to return to us and then we were the negotiating power house and got our way. But I'll never forget that people are spending 4.50 for a 17p pie. 🫣

RaySmith

In recent years I've never known prices at grounds or concerts for drink and food to be reasonably priced or decent quality/value, which is why I always try to avoid it.

They will charge what people are prepared to pay, with no choice once you're inside the ground, but if no-one bought it, prices would come down.

I definitely find it hard to afford to go to going to football these days, just the ticket prices for a start - which are hard for me at afford at Fulham , even the cheapest seats at over 65 rates, but it's all supply and demand/market forces.

In Germany,  the clubs have to have a degree of fan ownership, which would lead to  fairer prices across the board for tickets and food and drink, I would think - the fans would demand this, but the recent White Paper  on football finance reform made no mention of this here, or said anything about preventing foreign powers buying into our game for purposes of sport- washing and influence.

Of course, the clubs have to try to  meet the cost of such high player wages and transfers, and pass this on to the fans, which means many traditional fans can no longer afford to go to games.

Andy S

All very sad but I won't pay the prices I will get a sandwich at Tesco before going in

General

I remember a few times the club put out fan surveys and asked fans what their salary brackets were.. Needless to say they found out, fulham was labelled as having some of the most affluent fans and the prices have skyrocketed. All of it is dim.

I used to have season tickets and went every week. Now I go half a dozen times a season, if that and just watch the rest of streaming sites.

Even though I can afford it, I refuse to be robbed in daylight.

£100 for a ticket is extortionate, so are the prices for the highest season ticket and food and drink in the stands.

Absurd greed and detached pricing.

And sadly the FST have become a soft touch and achieved nothing on these key issues when they matter.

hovewhite

Quote from: General on August 06, 2023, 02:35:12 AMI remember a few times the club put out fan surveys and asked fans what their salary brackets were.. Needless to say they found out, fulham was labelled as having some of the most affluent fans and the prices have skyrocketed. All of it is dim.

I used to have season tickets and went every week. Now I go half a dozen times a season, if that and just watch the rest of streaming sites.

Even though I can afford it, I refuse to be robbed in daylight.

£100 for a ticket is extortionate, so are the prices for the highest season ticket and food and drink in the stands.

Absurd greed and detached pricing.

And sadly the FST have become a soft touch and achieved nothing on these key issues when they matter.

At last a post I agree with on rip off prices it's been an issue of mine which coinceded with the khans tenure of ownership 10 years ago.now I tend to avoid pubs full stop and buy a pork pie in a supermarket and a couple of beers in there and drink in bishops park before games such are prices in general on match days.

SG

Unfortunately it's not just FFC and the Khans so I don't think it's fair to single them out.
Every sports venue in London is the same - a ticket at Lords this year £160 in one of the standard areas and rip off cost of the food and drink outlets. Add the exorbitant cost of replica kits £80 for a shirt etc and I don't understand how people with families afford these things.
I'm fortunate in that I could afford to pay the prices but as with others I will not be ripped off. So no food - sausage roll from Greggs is fine - no programme and no beers, just the season ticket where unfortunately my blind faith in supporting FFC probably means there's no limit to what I'd pay for myself, my sons and the grandchildren.
I agree if everyone stopped buying the food they'd have to do something. However every time I go there's only ever long queues at the outlets so the demand is still there

King_Crud

Quote from: SG on August 06, 2023, 07:01:10 AMUnfortunately it's not just FFC and the Khans so I don't think it's fair to single them out.
Every sports venue in London is the same - a ticket at Lords this year £160 in one of the standard areas and rip off cost of the food and drink outlets. Add the exorbitant cost of replica kits £80 for a shirt etc and I don't understand how people with families afford these things.
I'm fortunate in that I could afford to pay the prices but as with others I will not be ripped off. So no food - sausage roll from Greggs is fine - no programme and no beers, just the season ticket where unfortunately my blind faith in supporting FFC probably means there's no limit to what I'd pay for myself, my sons and the grandchildren.
I agree if everyone stopped buying the food they'd have to do something. However every time I go there's only ever long queues at the outlets so the demand is still there

Not everywhere in London. I bought a season ticket for Bromley FC for £190, i can bring two children under 11 in with me for free. This includes 20% off at the shop and bar, and the bar and food facilities are far superior to Fulham. Of course the football is a much much lower standard, but my breaking point was reached with Fulham.

My 6yo son is obsessed with football and has decided Fulham is his team, as it's mine. I took him to the Sunderland game last year as it's all i could afford, it will probably be all i can afford this season. A league game will be costing north of £150 for us for a day out, i can't do that. And i sat in the new stand, the toilets seemed incredibly cramped and with massive queues. Is that what people are paying for? When i gave up my Riverside seat 7 years ago it was £350 a season. The same view is north of £1000. The view hasn't got 300% better in 7 years. Queuing to get in the ground was woeful, it was much better 7 years ago. And food and drink aren't better. I can't see what a 300% increase gets you.