News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Do You Think Michael Bradley Would Do In the Prem?

Started by White Noise, January 17, 2011, 08:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/Cats-lining-up-bid-for-USA-star-Bradley

Sunderland lining up transfer bid for Michael Bradley

FoxSoccer.com IVES GALARCEP

4 comments »Updated Jan 17, 2011 1:29 PM ET

U.S. national team midfielder Michael Bradley could be headed to the English Premier League, a move that would make him the second United States midfielder to move from the German Bundesliga to the Premier League this month.

Sunderland is lining up a transfer bid for Bradley, sources with knowledge of the deal told Fox Soccer on Monday. Bradley came off the bench as a 71st-minute substitute in Borussia Moenchengladbach's 1-0 win against Nuremberg despite having been a regular starter for the club the entire season.

Bradley is one of Sunderland's replacement targets for captain Lee Cattermole, who has been battling a back injury and is believed to be a transfer target of Liverpool. Sunderland has also been linked to interest in Paraguayan World Cup midfielder Victor Caceres to fill the same role.

Bradley has one and a half years left on his current contract with Moenchengladbach, which could explain the club's desire to sell him while it can still generate a sizeable transfer fee. Bradley joined the German club from Dutch side Heerenveen in the summer of 2008, signing a four-year contract.

Bradley, son of U.S. national team head coach Bob Bradley, was one of the most impressive American players at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, but Moenchengladbach chose not to sell the 23-year-old midfielder despite receiving interest in his services.

Bradley's U.S. teammate, Jermaine Jones, recently made the move from Germany to England after joining Blackburn on loan from Schalke 04.

Bradley wouldn't be the first American midfielder to ply his trade at Sunderland. Former U.S. national team captain Claudio Reyna played for the Black Cats from 2001 to 2003.

Ives Galarcep is a senior writer for FoxSoccer.com covering Major League Soccer and the U.S. national team.

Burt

In all honesty...I am not convinced. But then again I haven't seen much of Bradley.

SmithyFFC

FTID

MJG

Run of the mill working midfielder, ten a penny in most squads.

Matt

Had a quite good WC, but if anybody we should have got Stuart Holden before Bolton laid hands on him. Quality player.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

HatterDon

If you'd have asked me LAST January, I'd have said that he's better than 90% of the English midfielders making their living in the Prem and the perfect understudy to replace Danny Murphy. Unfortunately, based on the last couple of internationals I saw him in, his form has slipped a bit. For my money, the best American defensive midfielder plays for Rangers. His name is Maurice Edu and, like Bradley, he's a midfield stopper who can also go forward and score.

Thing is, I think I'd prefer that Fulham not sign any more Americans. Less heartburn reading the messageboards that way.

Oh, and there's a long thread about Bradley over on the Exiles, Foreigners, and Food Discussion section of this board. Here's the link

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=7979.0
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Fulham for life!

CorkCity

What I have seen of him he seems a good hardworking player, he would do ok.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

BarryP

He's got a good motor, a decent head on his shoulders and can go from box to box.  I think the Prem will suit his physical style of defending and he will do well given the right situation.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

AmericanJames

I've always been a big fan of his, I think he will do well if he keeps his tempter in check. He is a passionate player who should deal well in the Prem. I would have liked him here but it seems to me that we are a bit full at the position as of late.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on January 18, 2011, 01:16:05 AM
I've always been a big fan of his, I think he will do well if he keeps his tempter in check. He is a passionate player who should deal well in the Prem. I would have liked him here but it seems to me that we are a bit full at the position as of late.
Can't disagree with anything you said James.
Fulham for life!

YankeeJim

Bradely is a quality midfielder and will do well in this league. It very much fits his style of play, that being hard nosed & great effort. To the usual group of doubters, have you ever seen him play, other then the WC? He certainly wasn't over whelmed by likely the best English player (& my favorite), Gerrard. Is he better than Gerrard, no. At least not yet. Will he be, I hope so but he'd have to up his game a chunk. Will he be one of the better midfielders in the Premiership? Yep. Watch & see.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mr Fulham

Non the less, we should be in for him. He's 23, our other CMs are 34 (in March) or will be 29 this year. He's talented and could be Smurf's understudy.

Sell Dikgacoi and Riise, possibly Greening, and bring him in I say.

Let's try a 4-3-3 then! :wine:

Tom

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 18, 2011, 02:07:44 AM
Non the less, we should be in for him. He's 23, our other CMs are 34 (in March) or will be 29 this year. He's talented and could be Smurf's understudy.

Amen!!!
Fulham for life!

finnster01

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 18, 2011, 02:07:44 AM

You make a lot of sense as always Mr Fulham
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mccscratch

I am probably in the minority but I think Michael Bradley could easily be a poorer mans Stevie G... He is box to box, he scores, he tackles and works hard for the shirt no matter what the circumstances... if he is sold for under 8 million it will be a good buy for Sunderland and I could see him become a fan favorite... Steve Bruce is the perfect coach for him as he played in the same manner as Michael...passionate but learned to be under control which is what he can provide Michael...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise