watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New bag policy

Started by Peabody, August 07, 2023, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I have been in touch with the club about this policy and how I as a type 1 diabetic need to take my own food into the stadium and I and others like me will require a doctors letter confirming your condition, this will, of course, incur a charge. I have now asked the club if they will be compensating us for this charge. They have just replied that they will not compensate for this charge

RAY Rock ????

I wouldn't go anymore if they did this to me . We are just treated like open wallets. They talk about being engaging with the fans but they are so out of touch with us. My major concern is all the people that stand at the back of the hammy end without having a ticket in that area but no having a bag that carries medication and food is top priority 🤦�♂️

_Putney_

Wow, family club my a*"£

Lytton

My wife is a diabetic and the club have said that they will accept a copy of her 'Diabetic Card' as proof. The person to contact at the club is Sam.

Peabody

Quote from: Lytton on August 07, 2023, 04:57:45 PMMy wife is a diabetic and the club have said that they will accept a copy of her 'Diabetic Card' as proof. The person to contact at the club is Sam.

Thats who I have been talking to and he told me I needed a doctors letter, in response to my question, Dia betic card or doctors letter"

Lytton

Oh dear!  Can only repeat what we have been told by Sam i.e. that Diabetic Card is acceptable as proof.  Might be worth going back to him quoting what you have been told by a fellow supporter.  Good luck!

Sammyffc

Quote from: Peabody on August 07, 2023, 05:08:53 PM
Quote from: Lytton on August 07, 2023, 04:57:45 PMMy wife is a diabetic and the club have said that they will accept a copy of her 'Diabetic Card' as proof. The person to contact at the club is Sam.

Thats who I have been talking to and he told me I needed a doctors letter, in response to my question, Dia betic card or doctors letter"

Does Sam think we are all forming a plan to buy knock off diabetic cards from delboy for matchday?

cookieg

Has it been announced that people can't take their own food into the ground?

Roberty

Quote from: cookieg on August 07, 2023, 06:03:05 PMHas it been announced that people can't take their own food into the ground?

Only the size of the bag you take in - not what is in it
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

RaySmith

Quote from: Lytton on August 07, 2023, 05:16:50 PMOh dear!  Can only repeat what we have been told by Sam i.e. that Diabetic Card is acceptable as proof.  Might be worth going back to him quoting what you have been told by a fellow supporter.  Good luck!

I would just take my Diabetic Card, along with other photo id, if I was Peabody, and if asked say the club said it was ok - but I would think a steward would accept the card ok.

C Block

If you spend £160 in the Club Shop at the first game of the season on two new shirts and they kindly put them in a bag for you, are you then permitted to take that bag into the stadium?

Andy S

As a London football club we need to be aware of terrorists. The easiest way for terrorists to operate is for people attending football matches to be complacent. Instead of blaming the club we should be grateful that they are putting safeguards in place. Ok they need to ensure that people with disabilities are not put off attending matches but a few tweaks to  the way things are done can be sorted out in due course like spotting people carrying bags be stopped on the way to the ground and issued with a green pass which can be shown on entry

Southdowns White

In a recent meeting with the Fulham supporters trust, in answer as to why there was a new bag policy being introduced this season a spokesperson from Fulham fc said 'JD explained that he was new to post and he had quickly realised that Fulham was out of step with other Premier League Clubs and public venues generally, and that bag searching was delaying entry to the ground; each turnstile should cater for 660 persons per hour and we are operating short of this' I have never been or seen anyone in home areas being searched outside the ground, so this is clearly a crock of crap.
Whilst I do agree that for safety reasons it makes sense for people to carry smaller bags, which are easier to search, it seems that we now We live in a world where if someone says it, it must be true, even if the evidence is clear that it's not.

copthornemike

I have just started a related thread about chaos at the Emirates after introducing new ticketing & bag search systems.
Let's hope the FFC team learn lessons as I suspect many home & away supporters will be unaware of these changes next week!
Also do the FFC personnel reviewing these medical issues have medical training or experience to make a decision on the merits of a medical exemption application?

Holders

If this is a security thing, maybe there's been unpublicised intel to that effect.

All very well to moan about it - until something happens.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

H4usuallysitting

I wore my Barbour to the friendly....my pockets were bulging & had a bit of trouble getting through the turnstile....but managed to carry all my food & drink into the ground

RaySmith

Quote from: Holders on August 12, 2023, 01:12:55 PMIf this is a security thing, maybe there's been unpublicised intel to that effect.

All very well to moan about it - until something happens.

Apparently this all comes from stricter rules implemented after the inquiry into the Manchester Arena, Arianna Grande bombing a few years ago, when 22 people were killed by a suicide bomb, many of them children, when a lot of mistakes were made in security - apparently the bomber was walking around, looking suspicious, carrying a  big rucksack, and several people  reported him to security, and nothing was done.

Roberty

They've been doing it n the USA for 10 years or more.

I don't see any good reason not to have it here, safety is not something we should take lightly and planting bombs and suicide is the preferred option now.

We have to live with it and adapt our behaviour to the reality of the threat
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Ludlow Richard

I got a letter from my GP (cost £12), scanned it and emailed it to FFC on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing if my Medical Exemption Certificate arrives before the Brentford game. I have been told that the Certificate applies for the entire season, so you don't need to reapply for each game. Never crossed my mind to expect the club to reimburse me for the cost of the GP letter.

Andy S

This same rule is being applied to theatres in the west end and probably a lot of football grounds as well. We have to be aware of safety as much today as ever before. You can either abide by the rules or stay at home. People getting on the underground are already asked to be vigilant and report anything suspicious. It is something we have to abide by in today's climate