more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 11/08/23...

Started by WhiteJC, August 10, 2023, 11:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Palhinha set to miss Fulham opener
Fulham will be without key midfielder Joao Palhinha for Saturday's season opener against Everton at Goodison Park.

The Portugal international is still recovering from the shoulder injury he sustained in last month's pre-season friendly against Brentford in the United States.

Fulham boss Marco Silva was hopeful Palhinha would be fit to start the new campaign. But the second match of the season, against Brentford, is now a more realistic target.

Andreas Pereira, who suffered a knee injury at the end of last season is also a doubt along with Tom Cairney who picked up a knock in pre-season.

"For sure Joao is out, he has been doing remedial work but is not with the full team yet," Silva said.

"We have some other knocks over the last few days but for there is some doubts about Pereira. The others are not too serious."

Tim Ream is fit to travel to Merseyside after breaking his arm late last season against Manchester City.

New signing Calvin Bassey is set to make his debut for the club following his move from Ajax.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-star-set-to-miss-everton-game-pereira-a-doubt

WhiteJC

Fulham XI vs Everton: Predicted lineup, confirmed team news and injury latest for Premier League

Joao Palhinha will miss Fulham's Premier League opener against Everton on Saturday.

The Portuguese midfield ace was forced off with a shoulder injury during a pre-season win over Brentford last month. Silva says Palhinha has made good progress in his rehabilitation, but the weekend curtain-raiser has come too soon.

"Joao is out", said the Fulham manager. "He has been doing medical work but not full work with the team yet.

"We have to assess one or two others after some knocks the last few days. We are much more positive about the return date [of Palhinha], but we have to see. We have to see if he's going to be ready for the next one [at home against Brentford on August 19]."

Speaking about Andreas Pereira, Silva added: "Andreas is one of the doubts. We have another session tomorrow [Friday] and we have to assess them then.

"Last week, [Tom Cairney] felt something against Chelsea in the last United States game. He has started to work with the team this week. He's a player we have to assess. He's close to being ready. Let's see if he can make the match or not."

Tim Ream is another doubt, as he continues to work his way back to fitness since injuring his arm against Manchester City in May. Silva, though, belives the defender can make a timely return after appearing off the bench for the final five minutes of Fulham's last pre-season friendly, the 2-1 win over Hoffenheim last weekend.

"Unfortunately he got that injury in his arm. He is probably going to be OK for the Everton match."

Aleksandar Mitrovic will also be playing, with Silva insisting his striker is fully committed to the club after initially being attracted by a move to Saudi Arabia.

Possible Fulham XI (4-2-3-1): Leno; Tete, Ream, Diop Robinson; Reed, Lukic, Wilson, Pereira, Willian; Mitrovic

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-xi-vs-everton-predicted-lineup-confirmed-team-news-injury-latest-premier-league-2023-b1099770.html

WhiteJC

Silva: The Mitro I Know

Marco Silva is ready to call upon the services of Aleksandar Mitrović against Everton on Saturday.

Last week was the first time we'd seen our number nine in pre-season action, and when asked if he's available for our Premier League opener, Silva replied: "I'm 100 per cent sure.

"Mitro was able to play two games last week. He played behind closed doors 60 minutes against Hoffenheim.

"We played two games against Hoffenheim last week. And, after, he played 30 minutes against Hoffenheim again at the Cottage.

"We wanted to give at least 90 [minutes] for him in two days, and we did it, like we did with Andreas Pereira, like we did with Tim Ream as well. And that's it.

"This week again [Mitrović] was working every single day with his teammates. And that's it. He's ready to play, if I'm going to decide to start with him or not."

Earlier this summer, media reports circulated that the striker had spoken of his intention not to play for the Club again.

In addition to confirming he had heard no such comment from the player, Silva said that Mitrović is showing "100 per cent" commitment around the Training Ground.

"We had a moment where I spoke with him," he explained. "I know him very, very well.

"I will not hide from you that one offer that he received made him think, made him probably take some type of decisions.

"About not playing one more minute for Fulham, he never said [that] to anyone inside this football club. If this is what the press said or what his relatives said, I'm not sure. For me and for the Club, he never mentioned that. Never.

"But okay, people can say what they want. It was a situation where he had a clear offer from a club, a very good offer for him, and sometimes it's not easy for them to keep the focus, even if you want them to keep the focus.

"Since he started to work with his teammates again, on the pitch again, he's been the Mitrović that I know."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/august/10/silva-the-mitro-i-know/

WhiteJC

The Silva lining to Fulham's stormy summer
Our very own Alan Drewett Jnr. has given LiveScore the lowdown ahead on Fulham ahead of the start of the Premier League season. Read his thoughts on Marco Silva, Aleksandar Mitrovic, those silly Saudis and how the Whites will get on this term here.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/the-silva-lining-to-fulhams-stormy-summer/

WhiteJC

Fulham's sale of player 'still relevant' – Could even 'quickly take place', nothing to worry about
Despite claims that a deal between AS Monaco and Fulham for Tosin Adarabioyo was close, everything then went very quiet.

The 25-year-old has made it clear he wants to leave Craven Cottage this summer, and the principality side looked to have won the race for his services this summer.

Rest assured, it isn't dead, as Nice-Matin make it clear on Thursday that everything is going to plan over at the Ligue 1 side, who will still buy the Fulham player.

It's explained that the deal to take Adarabioyo to Monaco is 'still relevant' and could even 'quickly take place'.

What appears to have slowed it all down is Monaco's insistence to get the transfer of Denis Zakaria over the line this summer, as they have been battling West Ham for the Switzerland international's signature.

With that now seemingly done and out of the way, there is a far better chance that Fulham will get the sale they want, and the player will finally be able to leave Craven Cottage one year before the end of his contract there.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulhams-sale-player-still-relevant-even-quickly-take-place-nothing-worry/

WhiteJC

Pre-Everton Press Conference

Marco Silva knows his Fulham team will need to be at it if we're to take three points from our Premier League opener.

The Whites travel to Silva's previous side Everton on Saturday having won 3-1 there back in April, but a journalist asked our Head Coach if a trickier test awaits now the opposition has had a full pre-season under Sean Dyche.

"It will be a really tough game, no doubts," Silva admitted. "Of course, it will not be the first time that we are going to play against Everton with Sean Dyche there.

"We did it in a decisive match last season – for them much more than for us, of course, but a decisive match where we did really well. We managed the game really well, we handled really well the pressure that normally comes when you play at Goodison, and all that stuff.

"Of course, I understand your question, they have had a pre-season together, but it's more or less the same team. It's always tough to play against the teams of Sean Dyche, and it will be the same at the first game of the season.

"I know what it means as well to play the first away match of the season at Goodison, the environment that is going to be there, the support for the home team as well, and it's a very good challenge for us. We have to play at our best level, we have to be really competitive.

"We are going to play against a physical, really physical team, you can see the size, the aggressiveness – of course in the right way – that they play, and we have to reach a certain type of standards, and when we have the ball we have to express ourselves."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/august/10/pre-everton-press-conference/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Marco Silva issues update on Aleksandar Mitrovic and Willian amid Saudi interest

Fulham rejected Saudi bids for Aleksandr Mitrovic but never received an official bid for Willian, manager Marco Silva has confirmed.

The West London club's pre-season has been a difficult one, with Saudi interest in Mitrovic, Willian and Silva alongwith injuries to key first-team players such as Joao Palhinha, Tim Ream and Andreas Pereira.

Following reports Mitrovic was determined to leave the club, Silva said he is confident his striker is committed to Fulham and explained that interest of his own from Saudi Arabia did not turn his head as his ambition is to remain in the Premier League, "the most difficult competition in the world".

He said of Mitrovic: "Mitro was able to play last week two games. This week again he is training every single day with teammates. He's ready to play.

"I will not lie: one offer that he received made him think. He had clear offer from a club — a very good offer — but he has been the Mitrovic that I know."

Comparing the Serb's status to that of Willian, who signed a new contract at Fulham this summer before attracting interest from Al-Shabab, Silva added: "It's not a similar situation. We received an official offer for Mitrovic, but for Willian we didn't receive an official offer. I was the person who believed in him last season when no one did.

"I was not close to leaving the club", he said of his own future. "After two great seasons at this football club, we have to be ready for the interest — it's a consequence of our season. I have received some offers to leave the club. My decision was to stay. I want to compete at the best and most difficult competition in the world."

Fulham have signed Calvin Bassey and Raul Jimenez so far this summer, but Silva called on the club to further bolster his first-team squad.

"It's 100 per cent [true we need more signings]. No doubts. We are really short on numbers. The market has been difficult for us. Seven players left, and when you sign just two players, we definitely need more faces in. We know what we want. We want to add quality. I would have liked to have them earlier, but it's part of the market.

"I've said what I've said to the board."

Reports had suggested Demarai Gray of Everton — who Fulham face in their curtain-raiser on Saturday — would be heading to Fulham after the two clubs made an agreement Gray could leave once Sean Dyche has completed more signings.

But when asked about the deal, Silva replied: "I don't have this confirmation from our board."

Meanwhile, Ivan Cavaleiro has left for Lille. The Portuguese winger had struggled for regular game time at Fulham since joining in 2019 initially on loan. He was heading into the final year of his contract.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-mitrovic-willian-silva-saudi-arabia-b1099933.html

WhiteJC

Palhinha ruled out of Everton opener
João Palhinha is out of Fulham's Premier League opener at Everton on Saturday with his shoulder injury.

Fulham head coach Marco Silva confirmed during his press conference this afternoon that the defensive midfielder, who injured his shoulder during the Summer Series in America last month, will miss the trip to Goodison Park but could return for the London derby against Brentford on August 19.

João is out. He's been doing individual work but not full work with the team yet. We have to assess him day by day. To be honest, now we are much more positive about the return date, but we have to see. We expected him to be probably ready for the first matchday but it's not going to be possible. And after, we have to see day by day, to analyse him, how he's going to react, and to see if he's going to be ready for the next one or not."

Silva also revealed that Andreas Pereira and Tom Cairney will require further checks on their fitness ahead of the trip to Meresyside this weekend.

We have to assess some of the others, some knocks the last few games, last few days as well," Silva said. "There are some doubts, like Andreas Pereira and some of the other players. There's nothing really serious but we have another session tomorrow and we have to assess them and, after, to take decisions for the game."

Fulham will be without key midfielder Joao Palhinha for Saturday's season opener against Everton at Goodison Park.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/palhinha-ruled-out-of-everton-opener/

WhiteJC

Silva: 'I'm 100% sure Mitrovic is committed to Fulham'
Marco Silva has no doubts about Aleksandar Mitrovic's commitment to Fulham as he prepares to include the Serbian in his matchday squad for Saturday's Premier League opener at Everton.

The Fulham head coach dispelled a number of inaccurate stories during his pre-match press conference at Motspur Park this afternoon – confirming that the talismanic number nine will be making the trip to Merseyside. Silva said:

"He is ready to play and I'm one hundred per cent sure he is committed to us. We had a moment where I spoke with him. I know him very, very well. I will not hide from you that one offer that he received made him think, made him probably take some type of decisions.

About not playing one more minute for Fulham, he never said [that] to anyone inside this football club. If this is what the press said or what his relatives said, I'm not sure. For me and for the club, he never mentioned that. Never. But okay, people can say what they want. It was a situation where he had a clear offer from a club, a very good offer for him, and sometimes it's not easy for them to keep the focus, even if you want them to keep the focus. Since he started to work with his teammates again, on the pitch again, he's been the Mitrovi? that I know."

Silva also reiterated that, as well as his substitute appearance in last weekend's pre-season friendly against Hoffenheim, Mitrovic came through an hour of a behind-closed-doors game against the same opposition the previous day.

"Mitro was able to play two games last week. He played behind closed doors 60 minutes against Hoffenheim. We played two games against Hoffenheim last week. And, after, he played 30 minutes against Hoffenheim again at the Cottage. We wanted to give him at least 90 minutes in two days and we did it, like we did with Andreas Pereira, like we did with Tim Ream. This week again he was working every single day with his teammates. And that's it. He's ready to play, if I'm going to decide to start with him or not."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/silva-im-100-sure-mitrovic-is-committed-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva: Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic 'ready to play' amid Saudi Arabia interest

Aleksandar Mitrovic (centre) joined Fulham from Newcastle in 2018 and has three years left on his contract at Craven Cottage

Fulham boss Marco Silva says striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is "ready to play" amid speculation over a potential transfer to Saudi Arabia.

The Cottagers rejected a £25m bid from Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal for the Serbia international, 28, last month.

Fulham face Everton in their opening Premier League game on Saturday.

"He is ready to play. Since he started to work with his teammates again, on the pitch again, he's been the Mitrovic that I know," Silva said.

Saudi Pro League teams have made headlines this summer with moves for Premier League stars including former Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, ex-Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante and former Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez.

Silva acknowledged that the bid made for Mitrovic, who scored 14 Premier League goals last season as Fulham finished 10th on their return to the top flight, was tempting for the player.

"I will not hide from you that one offer that he received made him think," Silva said.

"It was a situation where he had a clear offer from a club, a very good offer for him, and sometimes it's not easy for [a player] to keep focus, even if you want them to keep focus."

Silva said Fulham haven't "received an official offer" for Brazil winger Willian, 35, from a club in Saudi Arabia despite links and explained his own decision to reject an offer to coach in the Gulf state.

"I was not close to leaving the club," added the 46-year-old Portuguese.

"After two great seasons at this football club, we have to be ready for the interest - it's a consequence of our season.

"I have received some offers to leave the club - my decision was to stay. I want to compete in the best and most difficult competition in the world."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66467155

WhiteJC

Tottenham eye move for 14-goal Prem striker as 'unnamed club' make 'better' Harry Kane offer
Tottenham are reportedly considering a move for Fulham centre-forward Aleksandar Mitrovic in case Harry Kane leaves the club this summer.

Spurs recently accepted a bid of £86.4m for Kane from Bayern Munich. The striker is still yet to agree to join the Bundesliga giants, though.

As reported by Football365, Kane is currently 'leaning towards' staying at Tottenham despite previously agreeing on personal terms with Bayern.

He has just one year left on his current contract with Spurs. Now, according to German outlet Bild (via @DeadlineDayLive), another club have thrown their hat into the ring for Kane.

"An unnamed club have appeared at short notice and offered Harry Kane a significantly better contract offer than Bayern Munich for when he becomes a free agent next summer," the report states.

This will worry Tottenham, who would no doubt be furious to lose the England international for nothing despite accepting a huge bid from Bayern.

Nevertheless, it seems they have a contingency plan in place in case Kane does decide to join Bayern this summer.

According to a separate report from 90Min (via the Shields Gazette), Tottenham have 'identified' Mitrovic as Kane's potential replacement.

The Serbia international netted 14 Premier League goals for Fulham last season as they secured an impressive 10th-place finish.

It's no secret, however, that Mitrovic is desperate to make a move away from Craven Cottage. Indeed, reports suggest that the 28-year-old has told his friends that he will 'never play for Fulham again.'

Mitrovic was close to securing a big-money move to Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal earlier this summer. However, negotiations seem to have come to a standstill.

This could open the door for Tottenham to make their move if Kane does leave for Bayern Munich.

As mentioned, Spurs have already accepted the German club's offer for the striker, so now the decision rests with him.

Considering he is the club's all-time record scorer and netted a fantastic 30 Premier League goals last term, Kane will be incredibly difficult to replace.

Mitrovic has scored goals throughout his career though, and could be a real threat under Ange Postecoglou.

With that in mind, it will be interesting to see if Kane does agree to join Bayern Munich and if he does, whether Tottenham do make a concrete offer for Mitrovic.

https://www.football365.com/news/tottenham-eye-move-for-14-goal-prem-striker-as-unnamed-club-make-better-harry-kane-offer

WhiteJC

Fulham: Silva has most of deal for attacker "agreed in principle"
Fulham are looking to add further depth to their squad in the form of this Premier League youngster.

Fulham aren't resting on their laurels this summer as they look to take that next step up the Premier League table. They may miss out on target though, a highly regarded Premier League youngster, and here is why, as per Dharmesh Sheth when he spoke to GIVEMESPORT.

So, what's going on at Fulham?
Fulham went above and beyond expectations last season as they came tenth in the Premier League table. The man at the helm was Marco Silva who has recently been linked with a move away from the English capital.

Silva was the subject of interest from Saudi Arabian side Al-Ahli at a ridiculous price of £35 million across two years, as per The Guardian.

The Portuguese manager isn't the only man with the chance to move to the Middle East as star striker Alexsandr Mitrovic was also garnering similar attentions. His future is up in the air still whilst Raul Jimenez was brought in from Wolverhampton Wanderers to add further depth in that position.

Premier League youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi is another name who has been linked with the Fulham switch, a deal which would of course see him have to travel very little distance over from Chelsea.

The Evening Standard reported on the chances of Hudson-Odoi arriving at Craven Cottage ahead of the new season, but Sky Sports' Dharmesh Sheth paints a less rosy picture.

What has Dharmesh Sheth got to say on the transfer front?
Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth told GIVEMESPORT exactly what the difference is between Chelsea and Fulham when it comes to the valuation of Callum Hudson-Odoi.

"One player we talked about before, Fred, but another player that they're edging closer to signing is Hudson-Odoi as well, from Chelsea. Talks are continuing.

"Still a gap in valuation on the fee, but a lot of that deal, I'm told, has been agreed in principle. Personal terms not expected to be a problem. It's just that all important fee now.

"He's entered the final year of his contract, hence why Fulham probably want to pay a little bit less. I think there's a willingness from all parties to get the deal done, it's just whether they can close that gap on the fee."

What other business are Fulham pursuing?
Willian has been at the heart of a lot of reporting regarding whether he will return to Fulham or not. A new deal was recently announced but it could all go sour if The Guardian's report is to be believed. The former Chelsea and Arsenal man has "agreed personal terms with Saudi club Al-Shabab and has already communicated to Fulham and the manager, Marco Silva, his intention to leave and begin a new chapter in his career."

Another name, also a winger, that has been regularly spoken about in the same breath as the Cottagers is Demarai Gray. The Everton man has been angling for a move away from Goodison Park for a while now and he is chosen destination is West London.

Fabrizio Romano confirmed that the Jamaican international had agreed terms with Fulham as Silva's side look to build on a very impressive 2022/23 campaign.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-transfer-news-callum-hudson-odoi-rumours-gossip/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Marco Silva feels Aleksandar Mitrovic is fully committed to the club
Fulham's coach, Marco Silva, holds the belief that Aleksandar Mitrovic, the team's striker, remains devoted to the club despite considering an enticing offer to potentially depart.

Fulham manager Marco Silva believes striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is committed to the club after an offer which "made him think" about leaving.

Silva and Mitrovic have both been linked with moves away from Craven Cottage ahead of the start of the new Premier League season this weekend.

Silva, whose side face his former club Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday, said he was "not close" to leaving but conceded Mitrovic had been given a decision to make.

"I will not hide to you that one offer that he received make him to think, to take some type of decision," Silva told a pre-match press conference.

"He had a clear offer from a club and a very good offer for him. Of course sometimes it's not easy for them to keep the focus even if you want them to.

"Since he started to work with his team-mates on the pitch again he has been the Mitrovic that I know," added the Portuguese, saying the 28-year-old Serbia striker was showing "100 per cent" commitment at the training ground.

As for his own status following a reported approach from a club in Saudi Arabia, Silva added: "I was not close to leaving the club.

"I received some offers to leave. My decision was to stay and I'm really pleased for that. I'm happy here. I want to be in the Premier League and compete in the best and most difficult competition in the world."

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/fulham-boss-marco-silva-feels-aleksandar-mitrovic-is-fully-committed-to-the-club

WhiteJC

Join the Hammyend prediction league
One of our new features for Hammyend's coverage of the new Premier League campaign is the introduction of a new Fulham prediction league.

Do you think your knowledge of the Premier League is unparalled? Here's your chance to prove it. In honour of the late Danny Fullbrook, who famously organised the press pack sweepstakes when covering England at international tournaments, and to complement the launch of the Fullbrook Fund last week, we've set up a simple prediction league that allows Hammyend readers to pit their wits against our Green Pole guests – who offer their prediction ahead of Fulham's next game at the end of each episode of our podcast.

The rules are simple. You must submit your prediction in the comment thread for the prediction league an hour before kick off. You just need to predict the score of Fulham's next match. Participants will receive three points for a correct score and a point for a correct result. For instance, Dan has predicted a 2-2 draw when the Whites take on Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday. He will only get the full three points if it finishes 2-2 but if the game ends level, he will get one point.

Dan is definitely not going to win the prediction league – so get your Everton predictions in before 2pm on Saturday and we'll see how is the Hammyend equivalent of Mystic Meg come the end of the season.

THIS WEEKEND'S PREDICTIONS

Dan Crawford: Everton 2-2 Fulham

Oscar Bloom: Everton 0-2 Fulham

Alan Drewett Jnr: Everton 1-2 Fulham

Let us know yours in the comments!

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/join-the-hammyend-prediction-league/

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in signing Real Betis defender, Barcelona would benefit from sale
Real Betis have been very active in the transfer market so far this summer, having made a number of signings for Manuel Pellegrini's squad. The likes of Ayoze Perez, Marc Roca and Isco will be welcome additions for Los Verdiblancos.

However, they have lost Sergio Canales, who has joined Mexican side Rayados de Monterrey, and further departures could be on the cards, with TeamTalk (via Sport) reporting that Premier League side Fulham are looking to sign Juan Miranda.

Miranda is one of the most exciting young left-backs in Spanish football, and he has become an important player for Betis. However, his contract expires in less than 12 months, so they may look to cash in.

Barcelona will be hoping that Betis do sell Miranda this summer, as they are entitled to 40% of any transfer fee, which will be much-needed given their poor financial situation.

It would certainly be a big loss for Real Betis if they were to lose Miranda this summer, and a sufficient replacement would likely be required if he does go.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/08/10/fulham-interested-in-signing-real-betis-defender-barcelona-would-benefit-from-sale

WhiteJC

Bernd Leno raves about £50m striker Tottenham want to sign as Harry Kane replacement
Bernd Leno has claimed that many of his friends in the Premier League have been raving about reported Tottenham Hotspur target Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Spurs have just agreed a deal with Bayern Munich to sell Kane this month. It's up to the Englishman now to decide whether he moves on or stays put.

If Kane does leave, Tottenham will need a replacement, and Mitrovic is a decent option. Leno had his say about him on Sky Sports today.

Bernd Leno says loads of PL players are raving about Tottenham target Aleksandar Mitrovic
Aleksandar Mitrovic is a terrific player, and it's no surprise that Tottenham are said to be interested in his services.

90min reported this week that the £50 million-rated Serbian is on Spurs' radar as they line up potential options to replace Kane should he end up joining Bayern Munich.

Mitrovic is definitely not on Kane's level, but the one thing he has in common with the England captain is that he scores goals – he managed 14 in 23 league starts last season.

Bernd Leno spoke about Mitrovic today, and he revealed that many of his friends in the Premier League keep raving about the striker.

He said: "He's a beast. The amount of goals he scored and he just played 60-70 per cent of the games, maybe even less.

"It's not only his goals, it's also his personality in the game, his leadership in the game, the way he keeps the ball and everything.

"All of my friends in the Premier League I speak to they always say it's difficult to play against him because you can't move him, you can't take the ball from him. Also, in the box, he's always a threat."

TBR View:
Mitrovic was desperate to move to Saudi Arabia, but Fulham blocked that option.

The Lilywhites are desperate to keep hold of their star man, but if a huge offer does arrive, there is a chance he could be sold in the coming weeks.

Mitrovic to Tottenham would make a lot of sense, but we just can't see Daniel Levy splashing crazy money on someone who will turn 29 next month.

However, if Spurs can find a way to get him, he'd be a very good option this season.

https://tbrfootball.com/bernd-leno-raves-about-50m-striker-tottenham-want-to-sign/

WhiteJC

Silva 'happy' to stay but wants 'things done differently'
Marco Silva says the lure of the Premier League was too strong for him to walk away from Fulham and take up a lucrative deal to manage Saudi Arabia side Al-Ahli.

Silva, whose contract expires at the end of this season, is yet to agree terms on a new deal.

He admits he was tempted to take up the offer of earning close to £40m over two years and join big-name players now playing in the Saudi Pro League.

"I have received some offers to leave but my decision was to stay and I am happy about that," Silva said.

"I want to stay in the Premier League, I want to be at this level and I want to compete in the best and most competitive division in the world.

"After two great seasons at this football club we have to be ready for the market and it is a consequence of our season that there are some interest from our players and the management also.

"You have seen some very good players go to Saudi. They want the best players, they want to create a very good competition there and it is up to them to do it."

Despite his decision to stay, Silva admits he has been frustrated by Fulham's slow progress in the transfer market.

With the season starting on Saturday and the transfer window due to close on August 31, Fulham have signed just two new players in defender Calvin Bassey and striker Raul Jimenez.

Fulham have historically been busy very late in transfer windows and Silva does not believe that is sensible.

"I am feeling well in this football club but it's no secret I would like some things done differently," he said.

"I am working to improve things not just on the pitch but off the pitch too.

"I am working with the owners to get things done as we need to be ready for the competition and I am not just talking about players.

"Last season I achieved my ambitions for the football club and I know what we are capable of doing and we need now the support of the owner and from the people to help us again to a good job.

"I have a normal relationship with the owners. I had a clear plan for the club since before the finish of last season and the board is trying to do everything that can to get the players in.

"It is not happening in the time I would like, but they are doing their best and I hope they can do it sooner rather than later."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-explains-decision-to-stay-at-fulham-and-hints-at-frustration-over-signings

WhiteJC

Silva: 'I'm happy at Fulham. I want to be in the Premier League'
Marco Silva has insisted he is happy at Fulham and excited by the prospect of leading the Whites into another Premier League campaign.

The Portuguese boss addressed the reasons behind his decision to reject lucrative offers from Saudi Arabia to remain at Craven Cottage during this afternoon's press conference ahead of the start of the domestic season.

Silva again stressed his commitment to the club in his most detailed comments on the approaches he received from Al Hilal and Al Ahly to date:

"I was not close to leaving the club. I said at the end of last season, after two great seasons, we have to be ready for the market. It's a consequence of our season. Interest in players, in the manager, it's part of football. I received some offers to leave the club. My decision was to stay. I'm happy here. I want to be in the Premier League, and compete in the best competition in the world."

He did stress the importance of strengthening the Fulham squad before the transfer window closes – with the Whites only adding Calvin Bassey and Raul Jimenez during a difficult summer to date.

"We are short in numbers. The market has been difficult for us and others. Seven players left the squad, we've added two, so we need more faces in. The targets are there, we know who we want, we want to add quality. It's not easy."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/silva-im-happy-at-fulham-i-want-to-be-in-the-premier-league/

WhiteJC

Everton vs Fulham
Match Preview

Everton kick off what might be their last full season at Goodison Park this weekend as the Premier League resumes again and the Blues take on Fulham.
It is Everton's 70th consecutive season in the top flight thanks to the club's latest great escape, which they executed on the final day of 2022-23 on the back of some huge results at Leicester, Brighton and Wolves and, of course, Abdoulaye Doucouré's wonder strike against Bournemouth.

Despite the chorus of "never again" from supporters, the club goes into the new campaign once again short in key areas, not least up front, where Dominic Calvert-Lewin faces a pivotal year in his bid to maintain consistent fitness, and in central defence where Yerry Mina's departure has not been addressed by a comparable new signing.

The hope and belief among many Blues is that Jarrad Branthwaite will be able to step into the breach created by the Colombian leaving on a free transfer but there is also a feeling that the defence lacks pace and the kind of dominance that Mina offered on the rare occasions he was fit.

Branthwaite is coming off a hugely successful spell on loan at PSV Eindhoven and the fact that he started last weekend's home friendly with Sporting could be a hint that Sean Dyche will entrust him with partnering James Tarkowski who has shaken off a knock he sustained against the Portuguese.

Nathan Patterson will likely get the nod at right-back while Ashley Young is expected to make his debut at left-back where he will provide enormous experience and initial cover for Vitalii Mykolenko who has not had the benefit of a full pre-season.

With Dwight McNeil out injured, the midfield largely picks itself, with James Garner, Idrissa Gueye, Amadou Onana and Alex Iwobi set to start with Doucouré playing off the striker.

Who that striker will be remains to be seen. Calvert-Lewin has only played two halves of pre-season football and Dyche hinted last week that that would not be enough even if the player himself feels ready.

Youssef Chermiti is expected to be unveiled as Everton's third signing of the summer and will hopefully have been registered in time to be eligible for this weekend's fixture but he won't start having only just arrived.

That will likely mean Neal Maupay leading the line with what will perhaps be one of a few last chances to prove he has something to offer in a Dyche system before the transfer deadline.

Fulham were one of the surprise packages of last season under ex-Everton boss, Marco Silva, even if they went off the boil slightly in the final third of the campaign and finished a laudable 10th.

They had an excellent result at Goodison in April in what looked, at the time, to have been a hammer blow to the Toffees' hopes of staying up but they come into the new season under something of a cloud with leading scorer and main danger man Aleksandar Mitrovic's future up in the air.

Silva has been able to add Raul Jiminez from Wolves but he has not been the same player since coming back from a long lay-off following a nasty skull fracture.

Dyche, having enjoyed a decent record in home games since taking over from Frank Lampard in January, will be hoping to get off to a flyer with an opening-day victory that would go a long way to settling the nerves and providing a platform onto which further signings over the rest of the month can be added.

Kick-off: 3 pm, Saturday 12 August 2023
Referee: Stuart Attwell
VAR: Anthony Taylor
Last Time: Everton 1 - 3 Fulham

Predicted Line-up: Pickford, Patterson, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Young, Gueye, Onana, Garner, Iwobi, Doucouré, Maupay

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/23-24/news/43792.html

WhiteJC

Fulham keeping tabs on Leeds United player that has been offered to Aston Villa
Gnonto isn't short of interest and this latest update emphasises that.

Fulham are interested in signing Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto.
    Gnonto is looking to seal an exit from Elland Road.
    Everton and Aston Villa are other sides seemingly in the race for the Italian's signature at this point.

Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto is attracting interest from Premier League club Fulham who are keeping tabs on the player at this point, according to transfer insider Dean Jones who spoke to Give Me Sport.

The Cottagers will be looking to recruit some players who will be able to keep them afloat in the top flight quite comfortably - and Gnonto is a player who will only get better with more experience under his belt.

The 19-year-old thrived at Elland Road last season and although his goals and assists record wasn't spectacular, he has done enough to keep himself in Roberto Mancini's thoughts with the youngster already appearing for Italy at a senior international level.

He looks set to be a real star in the future - but could potentially be consigned to a season in the Championship if he doesn't move on from his current club before the summer window closes.

But there isn't a shortage of interest in him and the Cottagers, who have already done business with the Whites before with Dan James making the loan move to Craven Cottage, are one club keeping an eye on him.

What is Wilfried Gnonto's stance on his Leeds United future?
Gnonto reportedly made himself unavailable for Leeds' midweek clash against Shrewsbury Town in the Carabao Cup, with the player seemingly looking to force an exit from his current side.

With just a few weeks of the window left to go and Daniel Farke's side already offloading a number of key players, some of whom have made loan exits, the 19-year-old is also keen to make a move away from Elland Road.

However, it's unclear whether an exit will be sanctioned for the player considering Farke's men still need to add depth and quality to plenty of departments, with the potential departure of Gnonto likely to give them even more to do.

Which clubs are interested in Wilfried Gnonto?
Everton are the side that have been most heavily linked with Gnonto and that isn't a surprise considering Demarai Gray could be on his way out of Goodison Park.

The Italian could also be a more affordable option for the Toffees compared to others. But the interest of others could push his price tag up and there are plenty of teams in the mix for him.

That's according to Jones, who told Give Me Sport: "We saw flashes of absolute brilliance last season, and he's proven to himself and other clubs that he's Premier League quality. He's got options here and in Italy that are still being explored.

"He could be an option for West Ham, while Everton like him, and I've heard him mentioned as someone Fulham have had half an eye on too, while they look to recruit a creative player if Callum Hudson-Odoi was to fall flat.

"Aston Villa have been offered the chance to sign him and are making a decision on that at the moment."

Would Wilfried Gnonto be a good signing for Fulham?
As previously mentioned, the teenager will only get better and this is one reason why he could be an excellent addition for the Cottagers.

There are a couple of downsides to this potential deal. Firstly, he's likely to cost a considerable amount considering the player doesn't have a relegation release clause in his contract.

And secondly, the player may want to insert a release clause into his contract and could potentially demand a high wage if many sides remain in the race for his signature, with Gnonto able to use this interest to negotiate the best possible deal for himself.

With Neeskens Kebano leaving on the expiration of his contract, Ivan Cavaleiro leaving for Lille and James and Manor Soloman no longer at the club, the Cottagers do need to strengthen their wing department.

This is a key reason why they should definitely look to make an approach for the Italian despite the downsides to this deal.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-keeping-tabs-on-leeds-united-player-that-has-been-offered-to-aston-villa/