Brentford 
2-2
  Spurs
Chelsea 
1-1
  Liverpool

WhiteJC

Leno: 'I really love hearing my song'
Bernd Leno revelled in hearing the Fulham fans sing his praises after he produced a man-of-the-match performance to secure an opening day win for the Whites at Everton yesterday.

The German goalkeeper made a string of superb saves to keep the Toffees at bay, especially in a first half where Marco Silva's side failed to hit the high standards they set during their return to the top flight last season. The visitors were much improved in the second half, with substitute Bobby Decordova-Reid finishing a fine counter attack to steal all three points with seventeen minutes to play.

Leno shared his delight at starting the season with a win in an interview with FFCTV after the final whistle:

"It couldn't be better. A clean sheet, we won the game, it's a tough place to come. In the first half, I think we started a little bit nervous but we kept our resolve and in the second half we took our chance and survived until the end. Everton came with a lot of pressure with the crowd, we made a lot of sloppy mistakes and the game was a little bit too open [in the first half]. There was a big gap in the midfield and I thinK Everton found the spaces. As I said, in the second half we controlled the game, we were better and on the ball and had more chances.

It was probably one of the busiest 45 minutes of my career, but I think that's my job. That's why I'm here – I am happy that we kept the clean sheet and we got the three points. It helps everyone that we kept a clean sheet and that I made a couple of good saves, so we all – especially myself – go with a very good feeling into the home game [against Brentford next week]. I think today I've done most of the things right."

The former Arsenal goalkeeper wasn't the only one who was ecstatic when Decordova-Reid put Fulham ahead at the far post.

"Everyone could see how happy we were. It was a well worked goal finally – as I said in the first half, we struggled to play our possession game. The goal was fantastic from the boys. It was much, much better in the second half and I think we deserved that goal."

Leno also revealed how highly he rates the chant that recognises his quality – a witty reworking of Status Quo's 'Rocking all over the world':

"It was a nice moment. I really enjoy these moments all the time, especially after the clean sheets and a win. The fans are very creative with this chant and I really love it. Hopefully, I can hear it even more!"

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/leno-i-really-love-hearing-my-song/

WhiteJC

Everton 0-1 Fulham: Player ratings
Bernd Leno: There's no denying that Bernd Leno was the crucial factor in this Fulham smash and grab raid at Goodison Park. The German goalkeeper was one of the steals of the season arriving at Craven Cottage from Arsenal for an initial £3m last year and the summer break doesn't appear to have affected his brilliance. Leno spread himself superbly to deny Abdoulaye Doucouré in a one-on-one early on, made superb stops to deny Neal Maupay and flung himself to his left to keep out a piledriver from his former Gunners' team-mate Alex Iwobi before the Whites proved more clinical at the other end. 9

Kenny Tete: The Dutch full back was his usual assured self. He was convincing in the defensive battles that took up most of his first half but good forward to great effect after the break, especially once Marco Silva's side had got that crucial opening goal. Tete's energy and determination have him step up a level last term and, although this display was a litte more understated in an opening victory where the back four came under real pressure, he will take confidence from another clean sheet. 7

Issa Diop: Both Diop and Tim Ream had nervy moments in the first 45 minutes where they caught out of position far too often, but the Frenchman was much more assuredn after half time as he headed away everything that came his way. With Fulham under pressure throughout, the big centre half often resorted to the sort of safety first defending that brought to mind Alan Hansen's mantra: 'If in doubt, kick it out'. 6

Tim Ream: The American defender is also a reasurring sight on a Fulham team-sheet, even if his inclusion instead of summer signing Calvin Bassey came as a bit of a surprise. Everton looked to exploit his lack of pace in the first half and had great success as they took advantage of Fulham's lack of cohesion, but Ream was also much improved after the break. The Whites might well have rode their luck, but this was the sort of gritty away success that has been lacking in most of Fulham's recent top flight campaigns. 6

Antonee Robinson: An excellent display from the American full back, who looks to be carrying on where he left off last season. Tying Robinson down to a long-term contract was an exceptional bit of business over the summer, as the former Wigan defender makes such a difference at both ends of the field. His blistering pace saw him advance beyond Bobby Decordova-Reid regularly in the second half, whilst he also benefited from the substitute's defensive diligence when Everton had the ball. Robinson made one magnificent header to prevent an Iwobi cross from reaching the far post as the Whites kept a pleasing clean sheet. 7

Harrison Reed: This wasn't one of the special one Iniesta's more imposing games as Fulham struggled both to get their passing game going and decisively lost the central midfield battle in the first half. Reed imposed himself more on proceedings after the interval, but this display was more about the tireless work rate that the Fulham faithful have come to appreciate rather than him making a striking impression by carrying the ball forward. 6

Sasa Lukic: A quietly efficient showing from the Serbian, who overcame his initial struggles to play a big part in Fulham's opening day success. Lukic isn't a midfielder in the Palhinha mould, but he did his best to protect the back four. You feel like we haven't seen enough of the former Torino man's creative side, but he knitted the play together well in the second period yesterday and always showed for the ball. 6

Harry Wilson: The Welsh winger didn't quite have the same impact as on his last visit to Goodison Park and was largely anonymous in a first half where the Whites simply didn't get going. Like all of his team-mates, Wilson improved after the break, saw his cross touched onto the post by Raúl Jiménez and was unfortunate not to set up a second goal when his fine floated cross to the back post saw Aleksandar Mitrovic denied by a smart Jordan Pickford save. 6

Willian: The Brazilian saw a lot of the ball in the first half out wide on the left flank but struggled to hurt Everton in the way that he terrorised Premier League defences last season. He wasn't helped by regularly having two blue shirts around him – and his withdrawal at half-time proved to be a masterstroke from Marco Silva on the Fulham head coach's return to his last club. 6

Tom Cairney: The Fulham skipper got his opportunity to play in the number ten role he made his own during the Championship years with Andreas Pereira deemed not fit enough to play the full ninety minutes. Cairney was a revelation at the tail end of last season, but the game largely bypassed him in the 58 minutes he was on the field – with the visitors not able to build up a head of steam in the final third. 6

Raúl Jiménez: A frustrating debut for the Mexican international, especially after his goal against Hoffenheim last week. Picked ahead of Mitrovic, he was largely starved of service as Everton dominated the first half – as no white shirts got beyond him in the penalty area. On a day where he didn't see much of the ball, the former Wolves forward almost broke the deadlock with his final touch when he hit the base of the post from Wilson's cross. There's definitely more to come from him. 6

Substitutes:

Bobby De Cordova-Reid: Silva sent on De Cordova-Reid at the start of the second period to lift Fulham's intensity and perhaps provide a bit more protection for Robinson. The Jamaican international did both, adding his lively running down the left wing, and popped up with the winning goal for good measure. The former Bristol City forward could hardly miss at the back post when he latched onto a low ball across the box from Andreas Pereira, but his intelligent run to be in the right place to finish off a fine counter-attack made the goal. 8

Aleksandar Mitrovic: We had a hell of a scare when Mitrovic appeared to injure himself defending a corner only a few minutes after coming on. Fulham readied Carlos Vinicius to replace him and Everton's public address system announced the substitute, perhaps cognisicent of the danger the Serbian striker posed. Mitrovic came back on and played a decisive role in setting up the winner, threading a lovely ball through the Everton defence for Andreas Pereira, before celebrating wildly with Decordova-Reid. 7

Andreas Pereira: Fulham always look a far livelier side when the Brazilian is on the field and yesterday afternoon proved no different. The former Manchester United attacking midfielder might not have been fit enough to last the full ninety, but he made a telling contribution within fifteen minutes from coming off the bench by racing onto a through ball from Mitrovic to supply the low ball from which Decordova-Reid grabbed all three points. 7

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/everton-0-1-fulham-player-ratings/

WhiteJC

Fulham Welcomes Adama Traore: A Tale of Speed and Strength
The Spanish Wing Wizard Joins the Cottagers
In what's being lauded as one of the craftiest moves of the summer, Fulham have opened their arms wide to Adama Traore. Following a five-year sojourn at Wolves, which witnessed him net 14 goals from 200 outings, the Spanish speedster has become the latest jewel in the Cottagers' crown, having been snapped up on a free transfer.

The Journey of Adama
Beginning his footballing foray at the hallowed grounds of Barcelona, Traore has a CV that could rival many. Spells at Aston Villa and Middlesbrough adorned his footballing tapestry before he graced the Molineux in 2018. There was a brief romantic reunion with Barca at the twilight of the 2021-22 season, although the Catalan giants let the summer sun set without penning him to a permanent deal.

Traore's Fulham Foray
While the former Barcelona and Middlesbrough sensation has agreed to a two-year sojourn with Fulham, there's a whisper in the corridors about an added option — a potential third year in the offing.

"It's a nice opportunity for me, another chapter," Traore mused. His palpable enthusiasm shone through as he continued, "I'm excited and hungry to give 100% here."

What's equally interesting is the club's prior acquisition of Raul Jimenez, Traore's former Wolves compatriot. The camaraderie is evident, with Traore noting, "I like the club. I also have information from Raul, who seems to love the club."

A Sporting Testament from Tony Khan
Fulham's corridors are buzzing with excitement, and director of football operations Tony Khan isn't immune. Speaking about the Spanish dynamo, Khan expressed, "He's an explosive and powerful winger with great pace, and he has tremendous experience in the Premier League."

Drawing attention to Traore's earlier encounters against Fulham, Khan elaborated, "He's a player with whom we are very familiar and he's been on the opposing side of our team on numerous occasions. I believe that he'll be a great addition to the squad."

Conclusion: Fulham's Spanish Flair
With the Premier League being an unforgiving battleground, adding someone of Traore's mettle might just be the ace up Fulham's sleeve. As the Cottagers prepare for the upcoming campaign, it's evident that with signings like Traore, they're not just here to participate, they're here to compete. Only time will tell how this story unfolds, but for now, the Fulham faithful have every reason to believe in a brighter tomorrow.

https://eplindex.com/94306/fulham-welcomes-adama-traore-a-tale-of-speed-and-strength.html#google_vignette

WhiteJC

West Ham and Fulham enter race to sign 19-goal ace this summer
West Ham United and Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Elye Wahi from Montpellier.

According to journalist Fabrice Hawkins, Chelsea are also keen on signing the 20-year-old striker and they are currently leading the race for his signature.

Wahi is highly rated in France and he managed to score 19 goals across all competitions last season.

A talented young forward could prove to be a quality long-term acquisition for West Ham and it remains to be seen whether they can fend off the competition from their Premier League rivals and sign the player.

The Hammers struggled to score goals last season, especially with the likes of Michail Antonio and Gianluca Scamacca struggling to hit top form. They were overly dependent on Jarrod Bowen in the attack and the Hammers must look to bring in attacking reinforcements before the summer transfer window closes.

Wahi would be a superb long-term acquisition for them and he could sort out their goalkeeper goalscoring problems if he manages to adapt to the Premier League quickly.

Elye Wahi celebrates a goal for Montpellier

Similarly, Fulham were overly dependent on Aleksandar Mitrovic and they could certainly use an alternative.

The 20-year-old Frenchman would improve both London clubs and it remains to be seen where he ends up.

Joining a club like Chelsea would probably be a more attractive option for the player and the likes of West Ham and Fulham will have to come up with a lucrative proposal in order to tempt the player into joining them.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/08/13/west-ham-and-fulham-enter-race-to-sign-19-goal-ace-this-summer/

WhiteJC

Positives and negatives: Everton 0-1 Fulham

Farrell Monk reviews the mostly good and some not-so-good of Fulham's victory at Everton.

POSITIVES
Off we go!

It's our sixth ever opening day victory in the Premier League out of 17 attempts. Patjim Kasami's header sunk Sunderland a decade ago the last time Fulham were P1 W1, however that time it was to kick-off a messy relegation season.

Given the unexpectedly chaotic summer transfer window and a tough opening run involving Manchester City, Arsenal, and the always tricky battle with Brentford, a win means Marco's mean can go into these with a little less pressure to get points on the board. So much was made of Fulham's positive start last year being the basis for one the most successful seasons on the pitch.

Silva is not the manager to let that get to the players though, the man has nightmares about complacency. Countless times we seen after a big win, whilst the players lap up deserved applause, that he is still in their ears telling them where to do better.  He won't rest on this win and he won't let the squad rest on it either.

Super Bernd Leno
Victory aside, this might have been the easiest positive to come from today. I wonder what superlatives Cam would have summoned to describe Super Bernd Leno's superb display.

The German snuffed out 4 big chances for Everton amongst other shots. Yes, Everton were wasteful in attack and should have been clear 2 or 3 before the first half was out. But the former Arsenal man was always there to make as difficult as possible for opposing forwards.

As a testament to how confident I personally am in his abilities, when Doucouré was put through 1 v 1, considering his stunning record facing this situation I was not as worried as I should have been.

"That's my job" was the response post-match reaction from Leno. His professionalism oozes from every pore. His pristine hairdo displays none of the signs that he just pulled off another master performance in the Premier League. Maybe it's reflective of the relaxed mind that lurks just beneath?

It is the first season in a long time that Fulham has started with zero question marks over who is definitely the number 1.

Squad slowly healing
The sub-heading is figurative and literal. No doubt the uncertainty surrounding Mitro and then Marco's future would have unsettled the squad. Marco reiterated his continued commitment to Fulham and then making it clear that Mitrovic would not have be featured if he had any doubts about him either. A line has been drawn and the team can finally move on. They might have turned the head of the striker, but the mighty Serb has decided to remain with his current love at Casa Cottage.

The summer holidays for the physios and doctors at Motspur must have been far from quiet. The injuries were plenty and extensive. Ream, Periera, Palhinha, Robinson, Tete and Cairney all either went into the pre-season carrying injuries or picked them up along the way.

The squad and the medical supplies were stretched to the limits over the past month. At a guess, even the oddly shaped plasters, like the ones you have for your toes, might have been used. But whatever they did to get this team in shape give them a well-earned bonus.

Although Joao remains sidelined but close to return, all of those mentioned above plus Mitro had disrupted preseasons but all still featured in this game and came through unscathed.

NEGATIVES
Conceding Chances

Leno shone because he had to. There were a lot of chances against the Whites in the first half alone. The "underlying numbers" crowd who screamed about how Fulham's over-performed greatly last year will now have to pop a few more Strepsils to avoid going hoarser.

I don't like hearing from an x as much as the next person, but we cannot avoid the xLephant in the room. Everton's xG was as high as 3. Now you could say that Everton massively underperformed here as they did last season when they scored a 34, the lowest in the league, from an xG 49, (around the same as Fulham's 48).

What's a little troubling were the varied manner of these opportunities being created. There were counter attacks, deep and short crosses, slow build ups and speculative shots from wingers 1 v 1 against a defender.

Of course, missing Palhinha at the fulcrum of the midfield is going to have an impact. A tough act to live up to for sure and we can all give Lukić some wiggle room in that area. However, he will certainly come up against weaker opposite numbers than Doucouré, Gueye and Onana.

Outside of that Willian, Wilson and Decordova-Reid all could have done better to stop the Everton supply. It was only a few weeks ago when Fulham played Brentford in the heat of the summer series in Philadelphia. All of their openings came from wide and set pieces, so we definitely need to a bit more a defensive step up from our wide players if we are going to swat those Bees.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-08-13-positives-and-negatives-everton-0-1-fulham/

WhiteJC

Son Heung-min's agent doing everything possible to move Tosin to Tottenham

Fulham are working behind the scenes on the outgoing transfer of Manchester-born Nigerian central defender Tosin Adarabioyo before the close of the transfer window. 

Tosin, who has applied for a Nigerian passport, ahead of a potential move to the French Ligue 1, was left out of Fulham's matchday squad for their Premier League opener against Everton at Goodison Park on Saturday, August 12.

According to Foot Mercato, Tosin has agreed a transfer to Monaco but the deal is being delayed because of Frank Trimboli, an influential agent in European football working for CAA Base Soccer.

Trimboli was mandated by Fulham to negotiate the transfer of Tosin and the Australian is doing everything possible to move the Manchester City academy product to Tottenham Hotspur rather than Monaco.

Trimboli has close links with the Lilywhites as he handles the affairs of newly-appointed Tottenham Hotspur captain Son Heung-min, summer signing from Leicester City James Maddison as well as Brazilian striker Richarlison.

The report added that Monaco have made a bid of seven million euros for the services of Tosin and are not ready to enter into any negotiations with Trimboli, who is working for Fulham's CEO Alistair Mackintosh.

The 25-year-old Tosin has entered the last one year of his contract and the Cottagers are open to his sale this summer, rather than lose him for nothing at the end of this season.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=48446

WhiteJC

West Ham, Fulham to hijack Chelsea move for 19-goal striker after Blues see €30m bid 'refused'
West Ham and Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Montpellier striker Elye Wahi despite Chelsea 'leading the race' for his signature.

The 20-year-old scored an impressive 19 goals in Ligue 1 last season, along with making six assists and is only expected to improve as he gains experience.

Both West Ham and Fulham are keen to bring in a new striker before the transfer window slams shut and Wahi could be an excellent long-term option for both teams.

As previously reported by TEAMtalk, Chelsea made a £21.4m 'verbal offer' to Montpellier for Wahi last week.

The French club rejected this offer, but reports suggest the Blues have now responded with an improved bid.

Nevertheless, West Ham and Fulham are still considering making their own offer for Wahi. Both clubs are in need of attacking reinforcements.

With Chelsea working hard on the deal, though, they will have to move quickly if they want to sign the young striker this summer.

West Ham, Fulham want Wahi despite improved Chelsea bid
According to journalist Fabrice Hawkins, West Ham, Fulham, Eintracht Frankfurt, Chelsea and Paris-Saint Germain, all hold a concrete interest in signing Wahi.

Hawkins states that Chelsea are 'the most advanced club' in the race, and have seen a second offer of €30m (approx. £25.9m) rejected by Montpellier.

As a result, West Ham or Fulham would have to offer more than the Blues to have any chance of signing Wahi this summer.

The Hammers struggled to find the net last season, scoring just 42 goals in the Premier League.

Michail Antonio is past his prime and Gianluca Scamacca has just joined Atalanta for £30.5m, so they need to bring in a replacement for him.

David Moyes has plenty of transfer funds at his disposal after selling Declan Rice for £105m, too, so it will be interesting to see if West Ham make a concrete offer for Wahi.

Fulham, on the other hand, could lose their main striker and arguably best player in Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer.

The Serbia international came off the bench in the Cottagers' 1-0 victory over Everton on Saturday but has been linked with a departure from Fulham for some time.

If Mitrovic is sold, Fulham may well look to bring in Wahi as a replacement for him. With that in mind, the Montpellier centre-forward is certainly a player to keep an eye on over the next couple of weeks.

https://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/west-ham-fulham-to-hijack-chelsea-move-for-19-goal-striker-after-blues-see-e30m-bid-refused

WhiteJC

Rico set to leave hospital next week
Former Fulham goalkeeper Sergio Rico is set to be discharged from hospital next week three months after he suffered life-threatening head injuries after colliding with a horse during a holiday pilgrimage, according to the Athletic.

The Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper has made steady progress from his injuries at the Virgen del Rocio Hospital in Seville. He is expected to return home next week once doctors have completed the final checks on his current condition and continue his recovery in his native Seville.

The Spanish international made 32 appearances on loan at Craven Cottage in the 2018/19 season and has been at Paris Saint-Germain since 2019. The 29 year-old's first priority is to make a full recovery but his medical team believe he could resume his playing career should he continue to recover at this impressive rate.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/rico-set-to-leave-hospital-next-week/

WhiteJC

Man of the Match Result: Everton

Bernd Leno has won our first Man of the Match award of the 2023/24 Premier League season by a record margin.

A mammoth 91.7 per cent of fans voted for our goalkeeper as their star performer at Goodison Park, which is little surprise considering the role he played in our 1-0 victory.

Everton were the stronger side in the first half and would have taken a healthy lead into the break, had it not been for the form of Leno.

Neal Maupay could have had a hat-trick inside the opening 45, but was denied three times by Leno, who also got the better of Amadou Onana and Abdoulaye Doucoure – the latter being a terrific one-on-one stop.

While Fulham were much improved as a team after the break, Leno still had to be at his best, almost doubling his save tally in keeping out Alex Iwobi and Michael Keane twice each.

Leno's teammates and fans alike were effusive in their praise for the German at full-time, with rendition after rendition of 'Super Bernd Leno in goal' being bellowed from the away end.

"The fans were very creative with this chant!" Bernd told FFCtv. "They really love it, and hopefully I can hear it even more times."

There was only ever going to be one winner of Man of the Match, but winning goal scorer Bobby De Cordova-Reid came in second with 2.4%, ahead of Raúl Jiménez (1.5%) who was unfortunate not to mark his debut with a goal.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/august/13/man-of-the-match-result-everton/

WhiteJC

Ream reiterates World Cup dream
Tim Ream reiterated his desire to keep representing the United States after returning to the Fulham side to secure an opening day win at Everton yesterday.

The St. Louis native, who played in his first World Cup last winter having enjoyed in the middle of an outstanding season with Fulham, hopes to represent the USA when the 2026 tournament is staged in America, Canada and Mexico in 2026. He told the Athletic after keeping a clean sheet at Goodison Park on his return from a fractured shoulder:

"Ideally if I'm playing here I don't see why not. That's a near-term goal. The long-term goal is to make it to another World Cup, especially because it's that World Cup, and I think you have to set out goals like that and work towards those."

Ream and former Everton academy graduate Antonee Robinson successfully kept the Toffees at bay yesterday – and the veteran centre back extolled the virtues of his understanding with the pacey full-back, who signed a long-term deal at Craven Cottage over the summer.

It's a strong point for us from a club standpoint and from a national team standpoint you have two guys who play next to each other and it can only benefit both places. Knowing him very well, the way he plays, and vice versa I think it makes the most sense but again you're never guaranteed a spot as I've known over the years. You have to perform every week to be handed that shirt and I'm going to continue to try to do that and I guess if they see me as part of that group I'll be happy to be there and play."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/ream-reiterates-world-cup-dream/

WhiteJC

Club set to reward player following failed Fulham transfer – Player asked for move to Craven Cottage
Fulham summer target Morato is about to be rewarded following his failed transfer to the Whites.

According to Portuguese newspaper O Jogo, Benfica are set to give the centre-back a new contract at the club.

The outlet claims that the Eagles will give the player a pay rise right after they turned down Fulham's attempt to sign him.

It's recalled that the Whites placed a bid worth €25m for the transfer, and that was turned down by the Lisbon side.

O Jogo report that Fulham also made a big effort to convince the player, offering him 'high numbers', willing to pay him four times what he currently makes at Benfica.

Morato really liked the offer and even asked to leave, trying to convince the Eagles to accept the bid, but club president Rui Costa considered the amount involved weren't enough for a deal.

That's the reason Benfica are now rewarding the player for staying. At first, they're just giving him the pay rise, but they could end up also extending the deal, which expires in 2027 and includes a €100m release clause.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-set-reward-player-following-failed-fulham-transfer-player-asked-move-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

Traoré 'ready' to get going for Fulham
New Fulham signing Adama Traoré has declared himself 'ready' to help the Whites as soon as possible after completing his free transfer last night.

The Spanish international told FFCTV this afternoon that was delighted to put pen to paper on a two-year deal at Craven Cottage having sounded out his former Wolves team-mate Raúl Jimenéz about life at Craven Cottage.

"It's been fast. I think it is a nice opportunity – I'm happy to here, happy to start and see the fans. This is a new chapter. I like the club. I also have information from Raúl [Jimenéz], who seems to love the club I like the manager, I like the team, there is a new experience for me and I'm so happy and hungry to help the team.

For me, the relationship with Raúl has been amazing. I think we have a good friendship. We have a good connection on the pitch, so I asked him for information about here and it was very nice. I'm very happy to be here."

The 27 year-old former Wolves winger has confessed he is desperate to make an impact for the Whites as soon as possible.

"I have information about the club from someone I played with already, I have also been here a short time but I like the club already. I think the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the club. For sure, every player wants to be here. I scored against Fulham and, for sure, I will score with Fulham. I'm ready, I'm grateful to be here and I'm anxious to start when the gaffer needs me."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/traore-ready-to-get-going-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Frank unsure whether Brentford duo will be fit for Fulham game
Brentford boss Thomas Frank is unsure whether Ben Mee or Mathias Jensen will be fit to face Fulham next Saturday.

Mee missed the 2-2 draw with Tottenham with a calf strain and Jensen limped off four minutes into the second half.

Frank deployed Kristoffer Ajer in an unfamiliar role on the left side of the back three, with new signing Nathan Collins on the right.

Mee appears to have a decent chance of returning next weekend, while Jensen will be assessed.

"Ben Mee will hopefully available for Fulham and as for Mathias, we don't know. It appeared to be a thigh problem. We will just have to wait and see," Frank said.

Collins and keeper Mark Flekken made their Bees debuts in the lively London derby and Frank was pleased with their performances.

Frank said: "Mark was good, composed with his distribution good.

"He has a good aura about him and presence and he did what I expected – that is why we signed him.

"Nathan was good and aggressive, it was a nice debut. He'll get better.".

Brentford allowed Emerson Royal to equalise on the stroke of half-time after a Bryan Mbeumo penalty and a deflected Yoane Wissa put the hosts in front.

Cristian Romero's header had put Ange Postecoglou's side ahead after 11 minutes.

"It was an entertaining first half," Frank said.

"We were very good after going behind and looked like a massive threat, they had the ball a lot but we defended well in the low block.

"Their second goal was a fine finish but we have to be disappointed with the goal."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/frank-unsure-whether-brentford-duo-will-be-fit-for-fulham-game

WhiteJC

Neymar to be given Premier League partner in crime with Saudi transfer almost complete
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar, who has scored 77 goals for Brazil, appears to be on the verge of signing for Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal.

Paris Saint-Germain ace Neymar could be given a new partner in crime in the form of Premier League star Aleksandar Mitrovic if he completes a move to Saudi Arabia. Neymar and Mitrovic are both being chased by Al-Hilal as Saudi Pro League clubs continue to flex their financial clout this summer.

According to L'Equipe, Neymar has agreed to join Al-Hilal for two years and will pocket a cool £150million while in the Middle East. Al-Hilal and PSG are still negotiating a transfer fee, with the French club demanding £70m in exchange for the forward.

Neymar has bagged an incredible 118 goals and 77 assists in 173 appearances for PSG but has come under fire in recent seasons, with his club falling short in their attempts to win the Champions League. And the 31-year-old could be a big hit in Saudi Arabia if he decides to join blockbuster stars Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Jordan Henderson in the country.

Neymar could link-up with Fulham star Mitrovic as Al-Hilal are reportedly trying to reactivate a deal for the Serbia international. Fulham rejected two bids for their star striker in July, with Al-Hilal's second £35m offer failing to turn the heads of the west Londoners' chiefs.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1801803/Neymar-Fulham-Aleksandar-Mitrovic-Saudi-Arabia

WhiteJC

Report: Spurs zoning in on new top centre-back target instead of Adarabioyo
GiveMeSport have claimed that Tosin Adarabioyo is no longer Tottenham's top centre-back target this summer.

The report backs up what we have heard from other sources by stating that Spurs are not done yet strengthening at centre-back despite Micky van de Ven's arrival, with the North London club thought to be after another defender.

The outlet adds that the club's interest in Adarabioyo is 'genuine', with the Fulham star seeking to make a step up from Craven Cottage this summer.

However, it is alleged that the 25-year-old is no longer Tottenham's 'most pressing aim' this summer and that the Lilywhites have no intention of overpaying for him.

Spurs choose Perr Schuurs over Tosin Adarabioyo
Instead, Spurs are now thought to be prioritising a move for Torino's Perr Schuurs, with the club said to have 'zoned in' on the Dutchman over recent days as they see him as a player who would 'greatly improve' their backline.

This report comes just a few days after The Times reported that Tottenham wish to offload Japhet Tanganga, Davinson Sanchez and Joe Rodon, and bring Schuurs through the door before the window slams shut.

Spurs Web Opinion
If Adarabioyo was Tottneham's top target, the club would have likely got a deal for the Fulham star over the line by now. With Spurs now set to get a cash influx owing to Kane's sale to Bayern, I would not be surprised if they now pushed ahead with a move for Edmond Tapsoba.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-spurs-zoning-in-on-new-top-centre-back-target-instead-of-adarabioyo/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic 'will be fit to face Brentford'
Reports from Serbia suggest that Aleksandar Mitrovic only suffered a sprained ankle in Fulham's win over Everton yesterday and will be fit to face Brentford next weekend.

A Mozzart Sport story claims that a scan earlier today delivered positive news for the striker, who had left Goodison Park in an orthopaedic boot and was pictured on crutches at Euston station last night after travelling back with Marco Silva's side. Fulham's talismanic striker fought through the pain of an impact injury to start the move that secured an opening day win on Merseyside, starting the move that led to Bobby Decordova-Reid's winner seventeen minutes from time.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/mitrovic-will-be-fit-to-face-brentford/

WhiteJC

Al Hilal revive their interest in Aleksandar Mitrovic after seeing two bids rejected which resulted in the striker training away from the Fulham first team

Mitrovic reportedly claimed he would never play for Fulham again following bids
    He is back with the first team ever and came off the bench in win over Everton

Al Hilal have revived their interest in Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.

The Saudi Arabian club want the Serbian to link up with Neymar as they close on a £77.5million deal for the Paris St Germain forward.

Al Hilal had originally bid for Mitrovic earlier this summer, but Fulham rejected the approaches which let to the forward reportedly vowing he would never play for the club again.

After a period away from the squad he returned to training at the end of July and came off the bench in their Premier League opening weekend win over Everton.

Mitrovic believes the club are getting fair money for him after rejected several bids over £30million and that he has contributed significantly to the club's recent success.

Al Hilal have revived their interest in signing Alexsandar Mitrovic from Fulham this summer

The forward had vowed to never play for the club again after two bids were rejected by Fulham

The Serbian played a key role in helping Fulham return to the Premier League in 2022, scoring a record 43 goals to seal their promotion back to the top flight.

Last season he continued his goal-scoring form into the Premier League by netting 14 times as Fulham finished in the top half of the table.

Fulham, meanwhile, agreed to sign free agent winger Adama Traore at the weekend.

The forward has been looking for a new club all summer after rejecting a contract extension at Wolves and will now settle in London as the Premier League season gets underway.

Neymar, meanwhile, is also on the verge of joining the Saidi Arabia club from PSG for £77.5m

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12403299/Al-Hilal-Aleksander-Mitrovic-forward-training-away-Fulham-team.html

WhiteJC

Kevin Mbabu reveals how Rangers fans and Jimmy Bell made his 'Newcastle 5' stint worth every minute
Mbabu will be cheering on Servette this week but has only fond memories from his ill-fated stint at Ibrox.

Kevin Mbabu has had an unfortunate knack of finding himself at the right club at the wrong time.

His 2012 breakthrough at Servette came just as one of Switzerland's most successful clubs was spiralling towards bankruptcy for the second time in seven years. The young defender was on the move to Newcastle the following season when there were bleaker times on Tyneside, with the Toon tight in Mike Ashley's penny-pinching grip.

It was a period when the Sports Direct tycoon also had his mitts on Rangers. If the Newcastle fans had lost faith in the Cockney billionaire's controversial ownership, their anger was nothing compared to the rage of the Ibrox faithful amid fears their club might never fully recover from their own financial collapse. Mbabu found himself in that fevered environment as one of the infamous 'Newcastle Five' back in February 2015.

Interim Gers boss Kenny McDowall was desperate for reinforcements as his rag-tag Championship side prepared to take on Celtic in a League Cup semi-final. But Ashley didn't send his young Magpies north until the day after Gers had been swatted aside by the Hoops at Hampden.

Even then, of the five only Harris Vuckic made any sort of impact during their six-month stay in Glasgow. Remie Street managed just 45 minutes before pulling his hamstring and Mbabu, Gael Bigirimana and Shane Ferguson all left without even pulling on a first-team jersey.

A colossal waste of time would be a fair assessment from a Rangers perspective. But Mbabu – back at Fulham after returning to Servette last year on loan to help seal their Champions League slot – insists his Gers stint had its uses.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-mbabu-reveals-how-rangers-30693983

WhiteJC

Reading FC transfer blow emerges on Fulham player
Stansfield had been on the Royals' radar but the Cottagers seem to have made their mind up on his future.

Fulham are set to keep Jay Stansfield beyond the end of the summer transfer window following an impressive pre-season at Craven Cottage, according to Darren Witcoop.

The 20-year-old has seemingly done enough this summer to remain a part of Marco Silva's plans, with the player appearing on the bench last weekend against Everton.

This is a magnificent rise for a player who spent last season in League One, playing for Exeter City who richly benefitted from having the Cottager at their disposal.

Recording nine goals and seven assists for the Gercians in 36 league appearances for the Grecians last term, that may have alerted the attention of the Royals, who are in need of quite a few additions before the summer transfer window closes.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/reading-fc-transfer-blow-emerges-on-fulham-player/