watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gary O'Neil

Started by SerbianLad, August 14, 2023, 08:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Well much like our game at Everton. Wolves can't finish and United get all three points. I don't understand why VAR said it wasn't a penalty. But we don't get explanations. The Everton goal against us was disallowed for what I thought was the Everton player backing into our keeper after the fumble.

But the United keeper doesn't get close to the ball and takes out the Wolves player. Not sure how that can be explained away.

Football is a cruel sport.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SG

That decision beggars belief. If two so called top class referees don't see that challenge as a penalty with even the benefit of replays, I really do give up

Motspur Park

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2023, 11:27:10 PMWell much like our game at Everton. Wolves can't finish and United get all three points. I don't understand why VAR said it wasn't a penalty. But we don't get explanations. The Everton goal against us was disallowed for what I thought was the Everton player backing into our keeper after the fumble.

But the United keeper doesn't get close to the ball and takes out the Wolves player. Not sure how that can be explained away.

Football is a cruel sport.

Football is both consciously and subconsciously bias and corrupt as hell.

TheOnionBag

Quote from: SG on August 15, 2023, 06:46:24 AMThat decision beggars belief. If two so called top class referees don't see that challenge as a penalty with even the benefit of replays, I really do give up
it's crazy that anywhere on the pitch a player clatters into another after the ball is gone results in a free kick and a booking, how was this was not given despite the VAR check? makes no sense, but I guess the same lack of logic applies as a mere touch of a player in the middle of the park is waved on allowing for more 'physicality' yet in the penalty area its looked at by VAR and deemed a penalty.

bog

Typical big club cop out. VAR was supposed to wipe out unjust goings on. Er no it hasn't as we still have a ref deciding. Even with the facts right in front of his 'qualified' eyes they still cock it up. Oh wait a minute or 4, it's against United, I can't give that. Danny Murphy is usually calm in his opinions but he went mad on the wireless.

Wolves ran them ragged.  ::thumb:: Let Adama get at them.       

SerbianLad

Quote from: TheOnionBag on August 15, 2023, 08:03:01 AM
Quote from: SG on August 15, 2023, 06:46:24 AMThat decision beggars belief. If two so called top class referees don't see that challenge as a penalty with even the benefit of replays, I really do give up
it's crazy that anywhere on the pitch a player clatters into another after the ball is gone results in a free kick and a booking, how was this was not given despite the VAR check? makes no sense, but I guess the same lack of logic applies as a mere touch of a player in the middle of the park is waved on allowing for more 'physicality' yet in the penalty area its looked at by VAR and deemed a penalty.
It's even worse,the ball wasn't gone...

Look at this angle:

One of the most scandalous decisions I can remember.

I can just about believe that the on field referee didn't see it, but the VAR referee should get sacked. He's either completely incompetent or corrupt or both.

alfie

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 15, 2023, 08:36:53 AM
Quote from: TheOnionBag on August 15, 2023, 08:03:01 AM
It's even worse,the ball wasn't gone...

Look at this angle:

One of the most scandalous decisions I can remember.

I can just about believe that the on field referee didn't see it, but the VAR referee should get sacked. He's either completely incompetent or corrupt or both.
I agree re the ref, that it happed so quick he could have missed it, but there it ends, VAR
Have multiple angles and replays, to me and I am reluctant to say it but I don't think it was incompetence but down right biased towards Manure.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

TheOnionBag

Danny Murphy was asked about all of the yellow cards being handed out like the refs have shares in moonpig and he said he was fine with it if it cuts down on cheating and play acting, I agree totally, however watching the game last night the Wolves manager gets a yellow card for shouting at the 4th official (yep fair enough), the united manager spent all of his time (when in shot of the camera) outside of the technical area guess what no card, neither did Antony get booked for dragging a player to the ground or Wan Bisaka for a late challenge. I was at Everton but didn't see the Willian foul clearly, but cant see how that would have been any worse or more deserving of a yellow card than the challenges of Antony and Wan Bisaka.     

SerbianLad

Quote from: TheOnionBag on August 15, 2023, 10:19:21 AMDanny Murphy was asked about all of the yellow cards being handed out like the refs have shares in moonpig and he said he was fine with it if it cuts down on cheating and play acting, I agree totally, however watching the game last night the Wolves manager gets a yellow card for shouting at the 4th official (yep fair enough), the united manager spent all of his time (when in shot of the camera) outside of the technical area guess what no card, neither did Antony get booked for dragging a player to the ground or Wan Bisaka for a late challenge. I was at Everton but didn't see the Willian foul clearly, but cant see how that would have been any worse or more deserving of a yellow card than the challenges of Antony and Wan Bisaka.     
Ten Hag and Arteta somehow never get yellows. This rule change is ridiculous. Managers and players from "top teams" will still not get punished, while the rest will get more yellows, leading to more suspensions and an easier job for "big clubs".

Somerset Fulham

I don't think that this was down to VAR was it? Isn't it a policy decision that was the mistake here?

SG

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 15, 2023, 10:34:41 AMI don't think that this was down to VAR was it? Isn't it a policy decision that was the mistake here?

Apparently VAR did not consider the referee's decision 'a clear and obvious error' so didn't intervene. As I said it beggars belief. I am not one to subscribe to the conspiracy theory I just think these officials have never played the game and are bloody useless

FFC1987

Quote from: SG on August 15, 2023, 11:51:09 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 15, 2023, 10:34:41 AMI don't think that this was down to VAR was it? Isn't it a policy decision that was the mistake here?

Apparently VAR did not consider the referee's decision 'a clear and obvious error' so didn't intervene. As I said it beggars belief. I am not one to subscribe to the conspiracy theory I just think these officials have never played the game and are bloody useless

I have no faith in the legitimacy of the officials in this country at this point. Corrupt to the core, unionist in its protective stances and no willingness to change.

alfie

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 15, 2023, 10:26:08 AM
Quote from: TheOnionBag on August 15, 2023, 10:19:21 AMDanny Murphy was asked about all of the yellow cards being handed out like the refs have shares in moonpig and he said he was fine with it if it cuts down on cheating and play acting, I agree totally, however watching the game last night the Wolves manager gets a yellow card for shouting at the 4th official (yep fair enough), the united manager spent all of his time (when in shot of the camera) outside of the technical area guess what no card, neither did Antony get booked for dragging a player to the ground or Wan Bisaka for a late challenge. I was at Everton but didn't see the Willian foul clearly, but cant see how that would have been any worse or more deserving of a yellow card than the challenges of Antony and Wan Bisaka.     
Ten Hag and Arteta somehow never get yellows. This rule change is ridiculous. Managers and players from "top teams" will still not get punished, while the rest will get more yellows, leading to more suspensions and an easier job for "big clubs".
I noticed in the Arse game on Saturday Arteta pretty much stayed in his area, so I guess he has been warned, how long that will last remains to be seen. I'm beginning to think that if there is serious infringement by managers rather than yellow the club are automatically deducted a point.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Watched this game, very entertaining.  Wolves looked really good, should have at least gotten a point out of it, if not all three.  Tough on them not getting anything out of this game.  Though they are receiving an apology on a blown penalty call, but that won't earn them any points.  All I can say is:

"Beware the Wolf" --- That team looks really good!

SP

Love the response from the keeper:

Onana disagreed with O'Neil and Moss, saying the incident was just a natural coming together of players.

Asked if it was a penalty, the Cameroon international said: "No, goalkeepers make decisions, sometimes you are right, sometimes you are not.

"I made a decision and I am responsible for everything. For me it was contact between two big guys and nothing happened.