watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva - Brentford press conference

Started by SerbianLad, August 18, 2023, 03:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Here's Thomas Frank's press conference as well, if someone is interested.

davew

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 18, 2023, 04:05:46 PM
No not really!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

perry geyton

I get 2 mins in then can't be arsed

btffc

Interesting that Silva pretty much doesn't even consider Mbabu as part of the squad saying "we only have 2 fullbacks so we need 2 more"

I realise he needs replacing but that's a bit harsh.

hovewhite

alfie

Quote from: btffc on August 18, 2023, 05:26:39 PMInteresting that Silva pretty much doesn't even consider Mbabu as part of the squad saying "we only have 2 fullbacks so we need 2 more"

I agree, to here your manager say that does nothing for the players confidence, of course it is reasonably possible that Silva has told him he is not part of his plans.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jayffc

Whatever Mbabu did after he joined clearly Silva made his mind up early and hasn't budged

Perhaps he's a poor trainer. I gather he was late a number of time but still.

LC

Quote from: btffc on August 18, 2023, 05:26:39 PMInteresting that Silva pretty much doesn't even consider Mbabu as part of the squad saying "we only have 2 fullbacks so we need 2 more"

Is it? If he's not good enough then he's not good enough. If the manager/team underperforms he gets fired and it sets his career back. It's not like managers are given time to turn things around these days, so I'm sure he wants to make sure we have the players to compete and push further up the table. 

Having said that, the Khan's have backed their managers and they have all had time.

Nero

Quote from: davew on August 18, 2023, 04:11:41 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on August 18, 2023, 04:05:46 PM
No not really!!

Doesnt make sense he lets in a free kick from 30 yards out, but these thinks happen  :slap:

btffc

Quote from: LC on August 18, 2023, 06:40:20 PM

Is it? If he's not good enough then he's not good enough. If the manager/team underperforms he gets fired and it sets his career back. It's not like managers are given time to turn things around these days, so I'm sure he wants to make sure we have the players to compete and push further up the table. 

Having said that, the Khan's have backed their managers and they have all had time.

I think it is somewhat harsh to say publicly and probably reduces any leverage the club might have had in moving him. Speaking of, it seems odd there has been zero talk of him moving anywhere.

SerbianLad

Quote from: btffc on August 18, 2023, 06:53:25 PM
Quote from: LC on August 18, 2023, 06:40:20 PM

I think it is somewhat harsh to say publicly and probably reduces any leverage the club might have had in moving him. Speaking of, it seems odd there has been zero talk of him moving anywhere.
We should just offer him to Everton. Straight swap, Gray for Mbabu. Coleman is old and often injured, and Patterson was terrible everytime I've seen him. Surely they need a new right back.

Cambridge Away

Lazybones

Quote from: hovewhite on August 18, 2023, 05:26:58 PMPalhinia fit to play?
Silva says that P "will play a part in the squad selection" or words to that effect. As a sub, is how I read what he said.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Lazybones on August 19, 2023, 01:10:55 AM
Silva says that P "will play a part in the squad selection" or words to that effect. As a sub, is how I read what he said.

Honestly no reason for him to give away more than he has to. Make Brentford prepare for both options, it's certainly a different game with and without Joao.

Lazybones

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 19, 2023, 03:21:25 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on August 19, 2023, 01:10:55 AM

Honestly no reason for him to give away more than he has to. Make Brentford prepare for both options, it's certainly a different game with and without Joao.
That makes a lot of sense.  Personally, I hope he's back on the pitch soon. I'm sure the backs miss him too!

HV71

If we are without Joao today then I think Leno may be incredibly busy.....

General

How much time do we think Traore will get? Given the fact Jimenez will be starting and the two of them supposedly have such a good understanding of one other..?

I Ronic

Quote from: alfie on August 18, 2023, 06:09:36 PM

I agree, to here your manager say that does nothing for the players confidence, of course it is reasonably possible that Silva has told him he is not part of his plans.

Many years ago I read Mike Brearley's book on captaincy.
He treated his players different. An arm round Allan Lamb and 'you're doing great' and 'Whats up with you today. You're crap' for Botham.
Different approaches brought the best out in his players.
We all know what a smart cookie Marco is. I'm sure he knows what he's doing. Look at the way he's handled the Mitrovic affair.