more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who starts up front tomorrow

Started by perry geyton, August 18, 2023, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Raul or Vinny ???

Prob Raul but for some reason my heart tells me we should go with Vinny for this one...

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Agree, I don't think there's much distance between them. Raul is a better finisher but I thought Vini's holdup play and positioning really improved as last season went on. I'd also go with Vini.

Willham

Silva said Raul is starting when talking about mitro recently, I do like vini though.

Cutler

Both, put Raul in the 10 spot, obviously won't because we are not that flexible in decision making but that's what I would do.

filham

think we will start without Mitro, Palhinha and Tosin and start with:-

Leno
                             Tete        Diop     Ream     Robinson
                                   Reed                 Lukic
                                             Periera
                           Wilson                               Willian
                                           Jiminez

SerbianLad

I'd give Raul another shot at least. He did almost score against Everton just before he was subbed. Vini is always a decent option from the bench.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 18, 2023, 06:45:03 PMI'd give Raul another shot at least. He did almost score against Everton just before he was subbed. Vini is always a decent option from the bench.

I'd also like to see how he does with Andres as his #10. I feel like we sometimes undervalue his importance in attack AND defense.

LC

I would go with:

Leno
Tete Diop Bassey Robinson
  Palhinha Reed
       Andreas
  Wilson    Willian
       Jiminez

SerbianLad

Quote from: LC on August 18, 2023, 06:49:01 PMI would go with:

Leno
Tete Diop Bassey Robinson
  Palhinha Reed
       Andreas
  Wilson    Willian
       Jiminez
+1

Although I'm kind of torn between Lukic and Reed. Palhinha-Reed-Andreas worked so so well last season, but I think Lukic was better than Reed against Everton + would like to see him given a game with Palhinha and Anreas and him playing in his natural position.

sunburywhite

I think Vini is a better starter and Jiminez a better sub
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Matt10

If we start Raul, we need to actually cross the ball into him more than once, and scrap the central pass to Wilson at the top of the box.

Leno

Tete     Diop      Ream      Robinson

Reed      Palhinha

Wilson         Pereira        BDR

Raul

Lighthouse

Traore will be a shock inclusion and play central. Then when he has tired out the Defenders we will have his ex Wolves partner come on and score a couple.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I think BDR should start over Wilson. He's a better all-around footballer. People will say Wilson is better technically and offers more going forward, but Bobby has scored more goals and assisted more goals. His workrate is better and he's miles  better positionally and defensively. I'm still not sure Wilson is physical or fast enough to be a premiere league caliber full-time starter.

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 18, 2023, 07:27:27 PMTraore will be a shock inclusion and play central. Then when he has tired out the Defenders we will have his ex Wolves partner come on and score a couple.

Traore can score too, as in that last minute winner for Wolves at the Cottage a couple of years ago, running from defence when we were on the attack, and scoring a  great goal.

I've a feeling that he will feature in the game tomorrow, and it's exciting to think of how Silva can maybe revitalise him, and how he will play him.

H4usuallysitting

Baszab

TC a starting ?

He is the "face" of the Riverside preview invitation email

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on August 18, 2023, 07:28:22 PMI think BDR should start over Wilson. He's a better all-around footballer. People will say Wilson is better technically and offers more going forward, but Bobby has scored more goals and assisted more goals. His workrate is better and he's miles  better positionally and defensively. I'm still not sure Wilson is physical or fast enough to be a premiere league caliber full-time starter.

To me this undersells Wilson, he still looks much the more dangerous player to me and has plenty of magic left in him. BDR also very capable of course.

H4usuallysitting

I think he's still a Fulham player....that Mitrovic bloke should start up top

Bassey the warrior

Jimenez for me, he looks better at holding the ball up and a bit more mobile. Vini is a good finisher and thus a good bench option. Other than that I'd keep the same side but potentially swap out Ream for Bassey, as Brentford have a bit of pace up front. I don't expect Silva to change anything though.