watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread – Fulham v Brentford

Started by KentFulham, August 19, 2023, 04:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuce

We lacked finishing today and that last third creative spark, and of course Mitro. Jimenez is no way near being anything close to pick up the Mitro torch and play with his back towards goal.  And honestly, Brentford were comfortable in letting use have possession as they defended well. We are still vulnerable on the counters, just like against Everton. That needs fixing.

Other than that...

- I like Wilson, but I do feel that we need another left footed winger, preferably this time we should look to not sign backups but to improve our starting XI. Wilson as a second choice would be great, but is he enough to pull Fulham forward? Im not sure.

- Really worried that Willian has gone and done a Aubameyang. Bit too early to say, but that was my fear all along under the summer if we signed him.

- Silva bringing on Muniz is a very Silva way of telling the board and the recrutiment side to eff off.

-Adama looked exactley like Adama does when hes not ON. Sluggish, sloppy, clumsy and just all round headless choices and decisions.

LittleErn

Quote from: Benhamdoun on August 19, 2023, 06:33:58 PMTotally lacked any creativity today and a lot of very flat performances: Wilson, Periera, Jimenez poor from the start. Diop looks so top heavy and clumsy and an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully, a wake up call and we will add a quality centre forward and a creative midfielder to the squad. Brentford, ironically, looked less fluent than last season yet still won 3-0. Thankfully, Luton, Sheff Utd, Wolves, Forest and, probably, Burnley and Everton are worse so we should finish no worse than 14th or 15th.

I hope you're right but Everton looked better than us last week. We got lucky.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Quote from: Deuce on August 19, 2023, 09:34:20 PMWe lacked finishing today and that last third creative spark, and of course Mitro. Jimenez is no way near being anything close to pick up the Mitro torch and play with his back towards goal.  And honestly, Brentford were comfortable in letting use have possession as they defended well. We are still vulnerable on the counters, just like against Everton. That needs fixing.

Other than that...

- I like Wilson, but I do feel that we need another left footed winger, preferably this time we should look to not sign backups but to improve our starting XI. Wilson as a second choice would be great, but is he enough to pull Fulham forward? Im not sure.

- Really worried that Willian has gone and done a Aubameyang. Bit too early to say, but that was my fear all along under the summer if we signed him.

- Silva bringing on Muniz is a very Silva way of telling the board and the recrutiment side to eff off.

-Adama looked exactley like Adama does when hes not ON. Sluggish, sloppy, clumsy and just all round headless choices and decisions.

Agree with this. As I've said before I don't think Wilson is good enough. We're going to need a lot more production out of that spot, especially now that Mitro is gone.

LittleErn

Quote from: Mullers OG on August 19, 2023, 07:08:37 PMIt's very boring people endlessly blaming referees when we play terribly. Today we were awful. No punch up front and a leaky defence making stupid errors. The new regulations are clear. Arguing or abusing referees will get you booked as will kicking the ball away when a free kick is awarded. Has no-one told our players?

Ream had already been booked. Once the penalty had been given be professional and get on with the game.

Agree with most of that. I thought Ream's booking was for the penalty offence itself. The rules change all the time so not sure. Anyone know the definitive answer.

Deuce

Perhaps the only silver lining post match is that if Fulham were on the fence about spending big on one or two players before the game, then hopefully the result and our performance pushes the board in the right direction now.

SerbianLad

One thing I'm wondering. Are Diop's lapses in concentration maybe linked with tiredness? He played pretty much every minute in preseason and every minute in the league. We need a backup to him soon or we need to reintegrate Tosin, or Diop will explode from the workload.

WindyCity

Wow!  Just heard the MS post game interview.  Really came down hard on the refs penalty decision and VAR for not correcting it.  Surprised if MS doesn't get his ears pinned back on these comments....

Edit...also complained about how players off the pitch (coaches) would be picking huge numbers of yellows based on new rules and how PL has changed so much