watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread – Fulham v Brentford

Started by KentFulham, August 19, 2023, 04:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentFulham

Today was a terrible game - The lack of depth, the weaknesses at the back so early in the season. We looked toothless upfront on top. I hoped Diop would have ironed out the clangers in the USA, but he has shipped them over in abundance

Brentford have the better team and today we got punished

The Rock

How was Mitro, Palhina, Bassey, and Willian?

love4ffc

Poor performance all around.  Poor passing, that led to a goal just before the first half.  Poor defending made the final score worse.  Mitro is probably off and will probably be announced later tonight. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Steeeeeeeeeed

About 16.40 the guy on Football Focus was saying what a terrible day it had been for Fulham (the red card was wrong he said, the Mitrovic deal, the performance)....and then 2 seconds later Brentford scored a third.

Palhinha Colada

I didn't think there was much in the match. Brentford were given two complete gifts and that was that. We'll be fine. Just need to get more players in.

junior white

Terrible result, Diop for the first goal was Sunday league even, Reams tackle never a pen and never a card but having given the pen had to card him.

We were not good but the ref was poor

SerbKnight

Not much difference to the Everton game accept a team took their chances.

Not a penalty or a red, but didn't deserve anything from this game and were very lucky in the Everton one.

No flair or attacking threat and the only one we have is gone.

In for a very long season unless we find a starting winger and another CM or CAM

Somerset Fulham

Well.

I thought the game was stale and both sides were pretty rubbish (and even) for about 99% of the first half until Diop had his brainfart.

The sending off/penalty was absolutely ridiculous. I don't know the VAR rules surrounding that but I expect we'll get some kind of utterly irrelevant apology from that bald Manc supporting tosser on Monday.

Third one was the third one and is what it is.

Not a great performance, enhanced by the ref being a dickhead but nothing to worry about either. Those bust stop sh!theads are still quite good.

jayffc

Brentford not 3 goals better

Gifted the game by Diop and an absolute joke of a decision that ended the game

We look very, very poor going forwards though. Desperately need attacking additions

And clearly need a big high pressure signing up front or well be fighting it out around 15th.

Well be better than Wolves, Everton, Burnley, Sheffield  and Luton so I'm not worried about relegation but

One Martin Thomas

Ream creaking
Paulinha injured
Mitro all but gone

Spine of last year in tatters !! Urgent action needed !!

Plus, we seem to be back to ParkerBall !! Last year we mixed it up a bit with some direct football !!

jayffc

Quote from: SerbKnight on August 19, 2023, 05:03:59 PMNot much difference to the Everton game accept a team took their chances.

Not a penalty or a red, but didn't deserve anything from this game and were very lucky in the Everton one.

No flair or attacking threat and the only one we have is gone.

In for a very long season unless we find a starting winger and another CM or CAM

We need Andreas, Willian, Palhinha all starting together and a Talisman signing up front.

Alot of pressure on us to bring in someone with the character to not be scared of leading the line here in place of the departing Mitro

Lighthouse

Yeah well we will have the usual waterfall of doom and gloom because it's easy and people are shallow and like to drown.

Yes the first two matches have been poor. But while we were lucky last week I think it is fair to say this week we were unlucky. I will have to see the penalty but by all accounts it wasn't. If it wasn't then it wasn't a second booking and sending off.

However not sure about the poor team selection to begin with. We were not set up as a home team and this is another example of lacking in changing things until we were 2 down.

Awful day but then I had us losing three nil last week. So always a week out. Poor day, poor week for Fulham. But two matches in we need to get ourselves together and dam the waterfall of the usual cascade of negative rubbish.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SerbianLad

I don't think Brentford were anything special. First half they hardly created anything (their best chance seemed offside) and the goal they scored was a stupid mistake from Diop. We started brightly in the second half and then ref gave them a penalty. On top of that, it was conceded by Ream who was already booked so we got down to ten men and than it became impossible.

Although I thought Ream was okay, I think Bassey should have started. Willian and Traore should have came on earlier for Wilson and BDR.

This match also showed the reason why I said selling Mitro for 50 million is bad bussines. Raul tried hard but he never truely bothered Brentford's defenders. We have to nail on the replacement or we'll struggle this season and I'm worried we won't be able to do it.

Regarding the Muniz substution, I still believe Vini is number 2, Muniz is faster and I think that's why Marco brought him on. He's able to press better. Also no risk in giving him a chance there considering the game was lost.

Positives: Nice to see Palhinha back and Adama make his debut, I also thought Andreas, Lukic and Tete all had great games.

LC

I thought our forward line of Wilson, BDR, and Jiminez weren't up to it today. Wilson was probably the better of the three today. Jiminez looks off the pace hopefully he improves with time.

We're going to miss Mitrovic this season big time, we need to find a replacement and I'm not talking about players who have scored an average of 12 goals a season in the European domestic leagues. The question is who and can we get them.

Our substitutes came on way too late, they could have been made at half time or around the 50 minute mark, and I think that had a big impact on the result today.

The penalty was never a penalty.

Diop mistake was unfortunate and it's one of those things, he'll learn from it and come back better.

Only plus I take from today was the new players being introduced and Palhinha back fit.

Bottom line is we need a top class winger and a top class forward to come in as soon as possible. If we don't make the right signings it could be a long season-  based off today's performance. But hopefully things improve

WindyCity

Agree Brentford given gifts.  That said, discounting the Diop boof, I thought first half play was fairly good, typical problems in being dangerous in the final third.  But good control of the game.

I've seen Jimenez now for two games.  NOT impressed.  Doesn't have the legs.  Credit to him for first game woodwork shot, but really this player is not a threat.  FFC gonna have to do much much better up top with Mitrovic now gone.

Drewry66

Okay as horrendously gutted as I am let's get a bit of perspective. Brentford are a very good side and there was literally nothing between us up to the sending off. They sat very deep, were very organised and hard to break down. One stupid mistake and the softest decision ever and with the red it was game over.

Second half I thought we were the better team before and even after the sending off up until extra time when we tired. We actually started some of the quick passing and interchange from last year. Joao looked excellent when he came on and we are a different team when he's fully back. Luckic I thought was better again and keeps improving week on week. Yet to have the Willian back of last year after a slight knock and probable lack of match fitness. Bassey looked good again when he came on. No time to see much of Adama. I thought RJ looked okay holding the ball up but clearly we need to sign well to replace Mitro. Still prob another 5 or 6 prob coming in and hopefully of real quality as we should now have a massive budget to improve the team with Mitro money on top of an already very decent budget.

Today a stupid pass by Diop and a pretty ridiculous decision have done us against a very good side who finished above us last year. Just a really unlucky day and they happen. Spend well and even with the massive Mitro loss we can be better than last year. No need to panic.

YankeeJim

Hopefully with Joao back the midfield won't be so poor next match. I'm not too concerned about the back line once Ream is back but the attack needs help badly.
Don't know if I'm being overly critical but where the hell were Bassey and Diop on their only legitimate goal?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Lady luck served us well at Everton but decided not to wear our colours today.
However the bottom line is that in 100 minutes of football on our turf against Brentford we failed to score a goal.
Without Mitro this could well be repeated against Arsenal and Man. City away from home.

Cause for concern.

Chicagoobserver

Money wasted on Jimenez was more than enough to double Mitro's salary.

Lazybones

Maybe I've been seduced by Ange Ball, but just 2 shots on target all game vs Brentford's 8 is the stat that matters.

Just not enough aggression at the sharp end. 

At least there's the consolation that Diop's goof and the ref's red card / penalty means 3-0 is not a true reflection of the game.