watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro - Charity ?

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, August 20, 2023, 01:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've got mixed feelings about his move and his motives.
However, what would the opinions and attitudes be like
on here and other platforms, if we found out that a part
of his motive was that he's planning to donate loads
of his earnings to charity or other 'good causes'?
For all we know he may already be doing it.
As we are all aware, lots of famous and/or rich people do
 it and nobody knows, they don't need or want the exposure. 
I'm sure there's a lot on here who 'give' or 'help' within our means.
Let's face it, before all this blew up, he seemed like
a decent bloke, perhaps the type who would maybe give.
money in decent chunks.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

perry geyton

Tax free money you'd think that make a point of it but who knows

Al-Fayed

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on August 20, 2023, 01:17:13 AMI've got mixed feelings about his move and his motives.
money in decent chunks.
Pure speculation, as you concede, and so absolutely no evidence for it. I might as well state that, perhaps, the Saudi Wealth Find it's secretly giving funds to Stonewall.

ElRay

Apparently players are encouraged to reinvest a portion of their salary back into Saudi projects. How much they're encouraged to invest I don't know, but Saudi Arabia have had many failed mega projects in the past so I suspect some players won't be seeing that money back.

He seemed a decent guy but he also has a Virgin Mary tattoo and often signs the cross when entering the pitch but he's moving to a country where he cannot practice his religion in order to make big money.

hovewhite

Don't care what he does with his money he's history.

btffc

Quote from: ElRay on August 20, 2023, 07:26:26 AMApparently players are encouraged to reinvest a portion of their salary back into Saudi projects. How much they're encouraged to invest I don't know, but Saudi Arabia have had many failed mega projects in the past so I suspect some players won't be seeing that money back.

He seemed a decent guy but he also has a Virgin Mary tattoo and often signs the cross when entering the pitch but he's moving to a country where he cannot practice his religion in order to make big money.

Ronaldo crossed himself on the pitch recently. Neymar showed up to his signing wearing a giant cross. These guys do  not have to follow the same rules everyone else does.

H4usuallysitting

Didn't Matt Hancock say the same

copthornemike

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on August 20, 2023, 01:17:13 AMI've got mixed feelings about his move and his motives.
money in decent chunks.
Purely a hypothetical question & one which we all know did not enter his or agent's head.
Different story if he had uttered this before the saga.

bill taylors apprentice

Pointless (and overly generous) speculation!

Andy S

(If) a small word with a big meaning

Grassy Noel

Don't all his financial payments go via his agent?

gang

Out of interest which percentage of your salary do you donate to charity roger?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: gang on August 21, 2023, 12:41:21 AMOut of interest which percentage of your salary do you donate to charity roger?

An odd question which is completely irrelevant to my post about rich people.
I'm not sure why I'm bothering to respond, it is a nasty remark and I thought I would respond.
For a long while I volunteered at a Dementia/Alzheimer's wing of a senior living facility.
Part of my responsibilities were to entertain the residents who were
in a 'lock down facility; and occasionally, when hospice were 'called'  I was told that the resident would most likely 'pass away' within a couple of hours.
The last 'sense' that goes when a person die's is their hearing, consequently during their 'transition' I read them the bible and sat with them until I knew they had died, then called the appropriate people.
Quite a harrowing experience, especially being a devout Atheist, but I somehow found it 'rewarding' and drove home knowing I had made a difference in many people's lives, I was in attendance 5/6 more times when  'human beings' died.
I was subsequently offered a fulltime job and besides working in this building, which would have been considered a 'loony bin' many years ago, I performed this 'ritual of passing' at least another 20 times.

Another example, many years later, as co-manager in a Senior Living day-care center   in Florida, Covid hit, and toilet rolls and bottles water were virtually impossible to get hold of.
I did some research and 'haggling, and managed to buy loads and gave them away at work and advertised on a senior web site and went around delivering FREE water and toilet rolls.  Various 'outlets' knew I was on the hunt and would pay slightly over the odds.

When you say "What percentage of my salary do I donate" I don't look at it like that, as if it's some form of religious tithing" eg 10% of my salary going to the Catholic Church.
When time permits and my financial situation is OK, I am not only
the first person to 'cough up' but ALWAYS help people who are in a worse situation than me, and it's continually happening.
Just tonight I have been talking to a lady who my wife and I may be in a position to do some care giving with. She has Spina Bifida.

I won't bother to slag you off, but please in future, be more thoughtful of both the tone of what someone says (in this case me) and do not try to wind someone up, just because you may be in a reasonable situation yourself'
Good luck to you, you may earn $100,000 per year and give 10% away,
that doesn't makes you any better than me or anyone else.
My experience with some people who may be like that is the ability to tell people at cocktail parties how caring they are.
FYW: I'm 73 and due to a diabetes foot injury (Charcot's Disease) I haven't been able to work for 7 months and am living off our savings.
I would gladly accept a percentage of your salary.
Please PM for my bank details.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Kemosabe

I think (and hope!) that this will draw a line under this thread....

fulhamfever

What was he gonna achieve more at Fulham?
Dude is a legend did a lot for Fulham cannot question his loyalty was part of god knows how many promotions and relegation surely has the record.

Not mad one bit he did well for us, he wanna take care of his future and his family. We got 50 Million for him we would never ever get that. A chance to play with Neymar too. Why not at the end of the day its a job.

perry geyton

I'm sure his old lady will get plenty of charity

Holders

Hats off to you Roger

As to Mitro, I suspect that it will be "charity begins at home". The Saudis have no need of any, neither do they deserve any.

Mitro isn't from a  wealthy background and has the opportunity, for a few years in that miserable country, to set up his family and their heirs in clover for generations. Would I have done it at his age? Probably.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Andy S

Zhou should remember he was earning a good wage at Fulham

Colton F.C.