watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hammersmith End

Started by Ludlow Richard, August 20, 2023, 09:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

So a couple of new staircases and a few new TVs were the additions to the Hammersmith End during the "summer ground improvements window".

That leaves the toilets which are a disgrace. I accept that there is not much room for additional facilities but the time for a real upgrade is long past. Perhaps during his 15 year tenure, Macintosh should have taken steps to sort all this out.

In addition, the fact that there is only one disabled toilet for the 5000 people in the Hammersmith End is beyond a disgrace. It is quite possibly illegal. Not everyone who has to use a disabled facility has a visible disability.

Anyway I wrote to Macintosh about all this last October.  I received an acknowledgement, but no reply.

H4usuallysitting

Yep....you don't get much for your dough....sat in the JH for the friendly.... toilets were better, the seats were great if your double jointed & a Cirque du Soleil acrobat

ianthailand

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on August 20, 2023, 09:16:45 AMSo a couple of new staircases and a few new TVs were the additions to the Hammersmith End during the "summer ground improvements window".

That leaves the toilets which are a disgrace. I accept that there is not much room for additional facilities but the time for a real upgrade is long past. Perhaps during his 15 year tenure, Macintosh should have taken steps to sort all this out.

In addition, the fact that there is only one disabled toilet for the 5000 people in the Hammersmith End is beyond a disgrace. It is quite possibly illegal. Not everyone who has to use a disabled facility has a visible disability.

Anyway I wrote to Macintosh about all this last October.  I received an acknowledgement, but no reply.
He's too busy putting contractors into administration!

Andy S

I sat in the ground at half time yesterday and seriously thought I would make the most of things as this would be my last season of watching the whites. There was little improvement on any facilities that I could see or hear. Not on the tannoy not the toilets.There was an improvement on what food is available in the ground at extortionate prices. I'm afraid it's not for me as a deaf diabetic pensioner.

copthornemike

The PA sound quality is better.
The ST are more expensive, as is the half time good & drink.
I challenge, CHALLENGE, our CEO or any senior manager indeed to attempt, just attempt, to take a dump in the Hammy End toilets during a match.
Anyone feel as though they were a valued customer / supporter?

copthornemike

I turned up early yesterday and bought a Guinness on the so called Early Bird offer and was charged £7. I assume others were as well.
It was the serving hatch on the furthest left as you enter from the turnstiles.
I insisted a supervisor intervene. After showing the price list showing on my phone he reluctantly amend the charge to the proper value of £4.80.
Anyone else have this problem?
Might be worth checking to see if you were charged the correct Early Bird rate for your food and drink!!!

C Block

There are currently so many issues that the F.S.T need to step up and get involved in and refused to be fobbed off, otherwise what's the point of the monthly meeting?

RAY Rock ????

What time does the early bird finish I was charged £7 at 14.00 and was questioning the price.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on August 20, 2023, 10:49:17 AMWhat time does the early bird finish I was charged £7 at 14.00 and was questioning the price.

I believe Earl Bird is until half hour before ko. I.had issues ladt season with bring charged too much also, it apears the bar staff arnt informed if early bird prices.

I bought my early bird Guinness from the machine next to a bar and showed the staff how much it was as they wouldn't budge from the full price!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Roberty

Quote from: copthornemike on August 20, 2023, 09:44:29 AMThe PA sound quality is better.
I challenge, CHALLENGE, our CEO or any senior manager indeed to attempt, just attempt, to take a dump in the Hammy End toilets during a match.
Take your turn after the smokers,who always seem to get there first
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

gang

I complained to the club at the beginning of last season about one of the urinals at the Hammersmith end being blocked, I saw Saturday that this problem has still not been corrected.

SP

An odd development in the Riverside bogs yesterday, people have started queuing at the exit door as well as the entrance. Made it hard to exit.

bobbo

Quote from: Andy S on August 20, 2023, 09:33:06 AMI sat in the ground at half time yesterday and seriously thought I would make the most of things as this would be my last season of watching the whites. There was little improvement on any facilities that I could see or hear. Not on the tannoy not the toilets.There was an improvement on what food is available in the ground at extortionate prices. I'm afraid it's not for me as a deaf diabetic pensioner.
im with you Andy I'm seriously thinking of calling it a day and have been for a couple of seasons , I've had quite a few different interests in life bu going to watch my beloved Fulham is the only one I've kept up up over 60 years. May sit back and take it easy next season and go watch my old club I played for on Saturdays . Certainly cheaper .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

EN1 FFC

It seems the message may be getting through.
Refuse to buy the expensive food and drink inside.

In the pub before I paid £4.80 for a pint in the JHS it's £7.00 for a can.

hovewhite

Probably my last season as going to watch Lewes FC next year don't like the way my money is taken as a gimme,won't pay beer prices or anything else.The food is pony to boot.
As for the FST ,do they achieve anything.

Shredhead

Quote from: hovewhite on August 20, 2023, 03:37:58 PMProbably my last season as going to watch Lewes FC next year don't like the way my money is taken as a gimme,won't pay beer prices or anything else.The food is pony to boot.
Nice bumping into you yesterday, 'hove'white. The beer at Lewes is much much better than at the Cottage.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Hugh Janus

Quote from: copthornemike on August 20, 2023, 09:44:29 AMThe PA sound quality is better.

It might be your diet if you're still there at full time mate. Not sure that's Alastair's fault.

copthornemike

Quote from: Hugh Janus on August 20, 2023, 09:42:33 PM
It might be your diet if you're still there at full time mate. Not sure that's Alastair's fault.
😊
But the salient point is that it would appear the hierarchy are blissfully unaware of the relatively primitive conditions experienced by Fulham supporters at their stadium. Some down to poorly trained 'hospitality' staff.
You might be surprised at how few toilet cubicles there are available and working on a match day.
Anyway for what it is worth I have emailed Carmelo Mifsud, cc'ing the FST, about the overcharging of food and drink when the Early Bird offer was operating & the poor toilet provision for what is an 'elite sporting stadium.'

hovewhite

Quote from: Shredhead on August 20, 2023, 05:02:43 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 20, 2023, 03:37:58 PMProbably my last season as going to watch Lewes FC next year don't like the way my money is taken as a gimme,won't pay beer prices or anything else.The food is pony to boot.
Nice bumping into you yesterday, 'hove'white. The beer at Lewes is much much better than at the Cottage.
shredhead likewise mate it's a shame the club don't have time for the fans and am wondering if The FST is losing the trust of a lot of us who have supported the club since we started watching the team ,all our lives.

blingo

Take the P155 form from the club fill it in and return it.