watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Tottenham

Started by Peabody, August 24, 2023, 08:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just a reminder, back in November 1999, we played them in the league cup. The Horse totally destroyed them. We were second division and won 3-1. So before we start speculating, just remember that game

Benny

He was fantastic that night, what a finish on that through ball with the outside of his boot

St Eve

Also there is no Kane who has scored 8 times in 7 games against us

bencher

That was a brilliant night. But we were well on form then, even if we were two divisions below them. They look pretty decent under Ange so far and we have looked decidedly undercooked. But then anything can happen on the night.

filham

Not too concerned about the result against Spurs in the League cup but we need to keep a close eye on the for the next seven days.
It has been rumoured that they would like to sign Palhinha and they have a history of snatching some of our best players.

Twig

I don't see us getting a result but I emphatically do not want us to lose by a thumping.

Andy S

How funny Peabody in his original post mentions the Horse meaning Geoff Horsefield then the advert at the bottom of the page has three  horses for sale. Could they be Geoffs replacement after all this time?

Cumbrian White

Remember the game for missing it, was flying to NZ and thought it would be shown on a TV somewhere at Heathrow. Sadly wasn't, was also told couldn't go through customs by a customs officer because of. Y clothing. Green demon internet Fulham shirt!

Super Barry Hayles

Quote from: Peabody on August 24, 2023, 08:17:28 PMJust a reminder, back in November 1999, we played them in the league cup. The Horse totally destroyed them. We were second division and won 3-1. So before we start speculating, just remember that game

A very special evening, with so many characters in that era.

KJS

Giving it a miss personally just can't be bothered

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 25, 2023, 10:54:52 PMThat was one of the nights that made me believe we really were actually on the march to the top division. That and Villa  away when Captain Morgan knocked them out.

Here are some brief highlights of that night and it was an amazing evening, The Horse was utterly unplayable.

Wayne Collins!

Takemehome27

Quote from: KJS on August 25, 2023, 10:04:45 PMGiving it a miss personally just can't be bothered

Looks like many feel the same(myself included) Literally 1000's of tickets still available

Kingjay81

After spending near enough a grand on my season ticket, I can't bring myself to pay another £30 for my seat.

This could be the lowest crowd for a while. All 4 of the other lads I go with and their 4 kids aren't bothering either.

Might be a bit of an eye opener for the club.

Few weeks ago, I had a friend ask me to sort out a couple of tickets for her parents in the riverside and two others near me in the Johnny Haynes for the Brentford game. I text her back saying that'll be £372. She laughed and said she'll give it a miss.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Takemehome27 on August 26, 2023, 08:04:00 AM
Quote from: KJS on August 25, 2023, 10:04:45 PMGiving it a miss personally just can't be bothered

Looks like many feel the same(myself included) Literally 1000's of tickets still available

Same here. Carabao Cup, Spurs, 100 mile round trip, when we are not in a good place with squad (and form) - no thanks
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 25, 2023, 10:55:19 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 25, 2023, 10:54:52 PMThat was one of the nights that made me believe we really were actually on the march to the top division. That and Villa  away when Captain Morgan knocked them out.

Here are some brief highlights of that night and it was an amazing evening, The Horse was utterly unplayable.

Wayne Collins!

Horsfield and Hayles against today's not physical defenders would be very entertaining.

Stevieboy

I don't think it would hurt the club too much to give season ticket holders the first two or three ,traditionally underattended,rounds on the ticket as it used to be.