Main Menu

Tosin on bench

Started by South Coast White, August 26, 2023, 02:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Interesting or just desperate.

bill taylors apprentice

Drewry66

Quote from: South Coast White on August 26, 2023, 02:02:48 PMInteresting or just desperate.

Literally no one else and still our player so has to be.

filham

Quote from: Drewry66 on August 26, 2023, 02:06:14 PM
Quote from: South Coast White on August 26, 2023, 02:02:48 PMInteresting or just desperate.

Literally no one else and still our player so has to be.
Ream suspended so no one else available, this center back problem has to be sorted.

ianthailand

At least it seems like he's acting as a professional unlike our ex No. 9.

Blawarmy

Recruitment waiting til the last day to save a £5

Andy S

WindyCity

And came on and played at the end, made a couple of crucial clearances....

SerbianLad

Quote from: WindyCity on August 26, 2023, 05:38:58 PMAnd came on and played at the end, made a couple of crucial clearances....
Agreed. Hopefully it's not a repeat of the Mitro vs Everton and he leaves after helping us get a result...

I still hope he somehow changes his mind and renews. Him, Diop, Bassey and Ream should be good enough for this season as far as centre backs are concerned, imo.

Twig

Quote from: WindyCity on August 26, 2023, 05:38:58 PMAnd came on and played at the end, made a couple of crucial clearances....

Yes, he came on and relayed Silva's instructions. Got everyone organised and showed commitment. No problem.

Eton White

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 26, 2023, 05:41:34 PM
Agreed. Hopefully it's not a repeat of the Mitro vs Everton and he leaves after helping us get a result...

I still hope he somehow changes his mind and renews. Him, Diop, Bassey and Ream should be good enough for this season as far as centre backs are concerned, imo.

I think he's a talent and hope we can keep him. He's still young and is only going to get better.

Drewry66

Always rated him highly and can't understand how so many are so negative with him. He's much better on the ball than Diop but I'd say Diop is better defensively but not much in it between the two. Seems like he has his heart set on leaving but unless we get £15 million minimum i would be keeping him for the year as worth £25 million plus if not last year of contract. I don't think however he's gonna stay and surely someone comes in with £15 million as he is a talent and it's a snip for someone. Or a swap for Dier and I'm in the camp that I could see Dier as a real asset. Should be a straight swap however. I read we give Tosin and some money...crazy that. Yes Dier is an England international with loads of experience but he's 4 years older and also last year of contract. I'd say their value is about the same.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Drewry66 on August 26, 2023, 08:56:55 PMAlways rated him highly and can't understand how so many are so negative with him. He's much better on the ball than Diop but I'd say Diop is better defensively but not much in it between the two. Seems like he has his heart set on leaving but unless we get £15 million minimum i would be keeping him for the year as worth £25 million plus if not last year of contract. I don't think however he's gonna stay and surely someone comes in with £15 million as he is a talent and it's a snip for someone. Or a swap for Dier and I'm in the camp that I could see Dier as a real asset. Should be a straight swap however. I read we give Tosin and some money...crazy that. Yes Dier is an England international with loads of experience but he's 4 years older and also last year of contract. I'd say their value is about the same.

Eric Dier would be great because he covers three positions (RCB, LCB and DM), we lack depth in all three positions longterm. I prefer younger players than Dier on three plus year contracts, but our existing centre backs are younger and whoever cover the DM isn't going to get many starts, so maybe older is better.