watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Arsenal

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 26, 2023, 04:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: _Putney_ on August 26, 2023, 05:07:46 PMReferee did everything he could to have us lose. Too effing bad  :slap:

Yet another penalty and player sent off... same for Nottingham Forest v United... doesn't do much to help anyone saying the Big Six aren't gifted results.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 26, 2023, 05:05:52 PM
Quote from: Fightin' Blue Hens on August 26, 2023, 05:01:58 PMI have a sense of overwhelming gratitude to football gods. Very fortunate to get a point at the Emirates. Well done.
Not trying to start a row... but I don't think we were fortunate... I only listened on Radio 5 but I think we defended really well for long periods...
Excellent result.. really showed character..
COYW
You should listen to Gentleman Jim he puts a really good Fulham bias on his commentary, I am convinced we deserved that point today. We are unbeaten away from home, bet City are shaking in their boots.

Fulham Tup North

If anyone is able to show Traorès late effort would be most welcome...👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ChesterTheTabby

terryr

Chi_FFC

So nice to have Joao back. As long as we have him this season, we'll be ok. 

General

Curious to know what people thought of jimenez and traore today?

Palhinha obviously made a big difference to how we played/turned up and the scoreline.

Three games in, a win, loss and draw does feel better, though it seems we were under the cosh heavily today.

Two defenders sent off in two games so early in the season seems particularly heavy handed and off.. anyone have an opinion on this?

How did bassey do besides being sent off?

We're running out of CBs.

Well done team/management and squad for the result. A much needed boost.

Now to see the end of the transfer window off with a strong and positive note.

Black and White Town

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 26, 2023, 05:19:24 PMIf anyone is able to show Traorès late effort would be most welcome...👍

Invalid Tweet ID?t=FFMBX23iUn6Zqq1zN466Iw&s=19

hovewhite

Surprised did not see that coming but a heroic performance,palhinia he's the man.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 26, 2023, 05:15:32 PM
Quote from: _Putney_ on August 26, 2023, 05:07:46 PMReferee did everything he could to have us lose. Too effing bad  :slap:

Yet another penalty and player sent off... same for Nottingham Forest v United... doesn't do much to help anyone saying the Big Six aren't gifted results.

The penalty was as clear as they come. Tete didn't even try to complain. Basset's second yellow was also crystal clear, albeit completely unnecessary.

davew

Marco interview coming up on Sky channel 409 in a minute, described as interesting, I bet it will be!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ChesterTheTabby

If Adama had gone down at the end - would we have gotten a peno? I'm proud of him and for the game of football that he didn't... but in terms of nicking three points...

General

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 26, 2023, 05:15:32 PM

Didn't Mike Dean essentially imply it existed and influenced his decisions?

Milo

Can't wait to see the Silva interview.

Clear we are missing a potent striker in Mitrovic. However, having Palhina back is a godsend.

I felt sorry for poor old Diop who seemed to be holding it together by himself at the end. I do wonder why Silva never rated him last year as I always think he's pretty solid.

Major issue remains ... the striker. We need a signing or two!

Drewry66

Get in!!!! And F off Arsenal. Horrible team.

That game shows why we shouldn't be anywhere near relegation trouble. The fight in this team is unbelievable. And Joao oh Joao. Just having him in the team means we should be nowhere near it.

RJ was brilliant today and deserved that overhead to go in. That's two games been incredibly close to scoring. Won everything in the air, brilliant defensively and link up play good as well. Just needs a goal. It was shades of the one I will ever speak of again. Hope we sign someone really good but that performance gave me some real confidence.

Shocking from dirty arsenal with our centre half on the deck and for frigging once cheats didn't prosper because of our never ending determination.

Shame re Bassey as thought he was brilliant and looks like a brilliant signing and redemption for Diop who was awesome today..he's shakey on the ball but the guy can defend.

And that run from Adama. He did everything right lifting it and great save to be fair. If that had gone in I don't even know what I would have done. Looked like he got fouled and by not cheating by diving nothing given.

That is every game now where we have picked up a stupid technical yellow for kicking the ball away or time wasting. Simple stuff and got to learn.

Crédit to Marco too. Tactically spot on. Didn't press too high and soaked it up and looked ver dangerous on the break. At least 4 points from 4 games with anti ref Fulham in two of them, away to the two best teams in the league, some random bloke leaving us at the worst time and half a team yet to recruit. Maybe things aren't so bad after all. Love this club.

Lighthouse

Arsenal manager being well and truly hung out by some Arsenal fans on line. Although I had no idea they had spent 65 million? Can that be right?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

Well deserved point for the Cottagers. Well done lads!

I knew second half game equalizing goal would come on a PK.  There was so much pressure and play in the box, it was bound to happen.  Too bad it did on a clear Tete mistake.  Thought Tete had a good game, but that was a blunder.  Thought the PK might come on something controversial, but that was a no doubter.

Thought Robinson had fairly good game, but he did give the ball away on a couple of occasions.  Needs to be better focused.  But did well v Saka, I thought.  And set Traore off on a last minute possible game winner.

Credit to the lads, not giving up even when trailing and a man down.  Always giving their all.  Thought the point was well deserved, Arsenal have to be glad they didn't lose the game. 

Great first half game plan and well played and executed.  Hopefully our players learn not to take those dang time wasting yellows!  Those can quickly become reds......

davew

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 26, 2023, 05:30:45 PMIf Adama had gone down at the end - would we have gotten a peno? I'm proud of him and for the game of football that he didn't... but in terms of nicking three points...
Of course not!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

OZ-WHITE

Quote from: Black and White Town on August 26, 2023, 05:26:09 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 26, 2023, 05:19:24 PMIf anyone is able to show Traorès late effort would be most welcome...👍

Invalid Tweet ID?t=FFMBX23iUn6Zqq1zN466Iw&s=19
Big chance to have a player on the opposite side for a tap in as Traore had just enough space to chip across the goal face
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin