https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think Raul & Traore

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 27, 2023, 09:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Could be the bargain buys of the season

Willham

Didn't get to catch the game yesterday so I was very glad to see on match of the day, Raul having the overhead attempt and adama creating the corner for the second goal.

filham

Early Days but a few goals from them would help.

alfie

Quote from: filham on August 27, 2023, 09:47:20 AMEarly Days but a few goals from them would help.
You are absolutely correct, but it is a shame that so many people write players off before they have even kicked a ball.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

I can see them playing key parts for us this season too. The question mark for me is, can Jimenez start finding the net because it seems like other aspects of his game are now really, really good AND can Traore finally find himself as a starter and do what he does to tired defenders in last 15-20 throughout the game whilst providing assists/goals. Tricky as he struggled in a pole Wolves side so I guess we'll see.

OZ-WHITE

We won't see but it would be great to see a 4-1-3-2 with Raul up front and Traore behind as a False 9 , more pressure on the opposition defence when playing out from the back , constant threat with Raul flicking down headers / laying off a pass
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

@jolslover

Jimenez work rate yesterday was outstanding. Won us the ball many times and his linkup play was also good. Won a lot of headers too .. Just needs to start scoring but positive signs

Traore showed what he was about with that chance at the end, great run and Arsenal defenders couldn't get near him
STH H3

Ruislip White

Jimenez put in a shift, did his defensive work and nearly scored a worldie.
Traore offers something different and defenders can't deal with him in his day.
High hopes both.

WindyCity

Still early days with these two in a FFC shirt, need to see more of them.  Encouraged by RJ's performance v Arsenal.  Terrific bicycle try, and quite a few header flick-ons helped possible attacks.  Still need to see some goal scoring from him.  Same with Traore, fair play to him for that last minute run, but again, finished product has always been his shortcoming.  I do like both these players, just not ready to make praising claims yet.

H4usuallysitting

When Boa has more time with Traore, we'll be getting a few more penalty's.....and with no metro, we'll score more

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 27, 2023, 09:41:43 AMCould be the bargain buys of the season
Happy to see both of them joining our squad, but don't see them as bargain buys of the season, sorry! Between them they might score 15 - 18 goals for us in a season, if we don't have a more effective striker we will be in a relegation battle.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sting of the North

Quote from: davew on August 27, 2023, 05:17:09 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 27, 2023, 09:41:43 AMCould be the bargain buys of the season
Happy to see both of them joining our squad, but don't see them as bargain buys of the season, sorry! Between them they might score 15 - 18 goals for us in a season, if we don't have a more effective striker we will be in a relegation battle.

If they score 15-18 goals between them that is outstanding. For a combined fee of 5 million, how would that be anything else than an absolute bargain?

DadCreature

Gotta tell you all that we (the USA) have played against Raul for many years and he's never scared us (don't think he's every scored against us).  He does a lot of things well, but scoring doesn't seem to be one of them.  If other players are available to carry the scoring load, he's a good piece of the puzzle, but he's not a goal-scoring threat.   

Now, I really hope he proves me wrong.

Matt10

Silva said in his press conference that he was very pleased with Raul. He was very impressed and the only reason he didn't score was because we didn't supply him with enough service. He's so confident Raul will score, it's great to see. Hope whoever comes in, whether it be a midfielder or winger, can start supplying our #7 with more chances.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I believe Raul will start scoring.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Me too. He came very close to scoring in last two games. I feel its close and once it happens the flood gates will open for him and us!

jarv

Two players that the Wolves manager failed to get the best out of. OK, Raul had the head injury but I think and hope Silva will get the best out of both of them.

H4usuallysitting

Can I add Sasa Lukic to the list, he admitted he's found the prem overwhelming - but he's quietly got on and improving every game....reminds me a little of StefJo

SerbianLad

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 28, 2023, 12:39:49 PMCan I add Sasa Lukic to the list, he admitted he's found the prem overwhelming - but he's quietly got on and improving every game....reminds me a little of StefJo
I always knew he'd be good. I stilk think he's far from hitting his ceiling and will improve further if he gets nore gametime as an 8.

There's a reason why he was the captain and one of the most important players of a decent Torino side.

It also shows that perhaps buying players from Italy can be a bit risky, as the tempo is much slower there, so players need more time to adapt.

wback

It's about building a platform that gets you to 45-50 goals.

If Raul gets 8, and Traore 3 (which would be about benchmark for them I think), then we're losing around 10 goals versus he-who-must-not-be-named.

In terms of staying up, assuming we get roughly the same defensive performance, that'll work. Our goal diff will end up around -10 to -15 and that's going to be enough to survive.

I would prefer we try and find those 10 goals from somewhere though (I doubt it's coming from the wingers and Pereira on their own).