watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheff U v Man City

Started by Grassy Noel, August 27, 2023, 02:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassy Noel

A clear penalty as it is City. No need to check VAR.

Grassy Noel

And now Haaland hauls down 2 defenders and wants a penalty! Shameless.

WindyCity

Haaland apparently missed a PK, but just tallied (63rd min) for a City 1-0 lead....

Steeeeeeeeeed

City squeezed it against a rubbish team. They really are not the same without DeBryne.
 Fulham will get at least  a draw with them next week

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on August 27, 2023, 04:31:58 PMCity squeezed it against a rubbish team. They really are not the same without DeBryne.

Bold 😂

SerbianLad

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on August 27, 2023, 04:31:58 PMCity squeezed it against a rubbish team. They really are not the same without DeBryne.
I know we'll probably rotate for Spurs, but if we eliminate Spurs I think we would build some momentum and I could see us finally getting something against City.

copthornemike

Traore's strength and speed versus a City defence maybe not at its best?

SerbianLad

Just finished watching this game. Sheffield United actually lookes pretty dangerous after conceding, both after conceding the first and the second goal.  Very small sample size, but they've been the best out of the three newly promoted teams so far, despite losing all 3 games. I think their playstyle made the best transition from Championship to PL.

Steeeeeeeeeed

We took away Everton and Arsenals 100% records for the season, We will do the same to City at the weekend.

Somerset Fulham

On another day doing the same things, City win that by an easy five or six lads.  The defence looked a bit creaky at times because they literally had nothing to do for about 89 minutes of the entire game.

I am also beginning to get a bit concerned about the Traore narative that is being built on this site.  He may very well turn out to be the signing of the century and will maybe blow sides away, but he has never actually done that consistently at any point in his career to date. In fact, he hasn't really cut it anywhere so far.

Great signing on a free as a gamble for sure, but I will reserve judgement on him being this destroyer that he has never been until I start to see it.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 27, 2023, 10:05:50 PMJust finished watching this game. Sheffield United actually lookes pretty dangerous after conceding, both after conceding the first and the second goal.  Very small sample size, but they've been the best out of the three newly promoted teams so far, despite losing all 3 games. I think their playstyle made the best transition from Championship to PL.

Which Sheffield player/s impressed?

SerbianLad

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 27, 2023, 10:35:41 PMOn another day doing the same things, City win that by an easy five or six lads.  The defence looked a bit creaky at times because they literally had nothing to do for about 89 minutes of the entire game.

I am also beginning to get a bit concerned about the Traore narative that is being built on this site.  He may very well turn out to be the signing of the century and will maybe blow sides away, but he has never actually done that consistently at any point in his career to date. In fact, he hasn't really cut it anywhere so far.

Great signing on a free as a gamble for sure, but I will reserve judgement on him being this destroyer that he has never been until I start to see it.
We'll see, I think we can hurt them, but equally, obviously, wouldn't be too surprised if they rolled us over either because on their day they're close to unstoppable.

Remember, we almost got something out of both of our games against them last season with largely the same team we have now (Mitro was out for both of those games if I recall correctly).

Re Adama, I think we can safely assume that he'll be a real asset, as his pace and power alone makes oppositions defences problems. Even if he gets no goals or assists, which I higly doubt, I still think he'll be a real asset for those reasons.

SerbianLad

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on August 27, 2023, 10:41:46 PMWhich Sheffield player/s impressed?
Not sure if I could single out someone. They looked like a pretty well drilled team. Don't get me wrong,their defence was mostly really poor against City, but  you could see they tried really really hard, and both times they went behind they gave a really good go at Man City and equalised the first time and almost did the second time as well.

Thought Foderingham was impressive at times, so if I had to pick one player, I'd probably pick him.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 27, 2023, 11:10:28 PMWe'll see, I think we can hurt them, but equally, obviously, wouldn't be too surprised if they rolled us over either because on their day they're close to unstoppable.

Remember, we almost got something out of both of our games against them last season with largely the same team we have now (Mitro was out for both of those games if I recall correctly).

Re Adama, I think we can safely assume that he'll be a real asset, as his pace and power alone makes oppositions defences problems. Even if he gets no goals or assists, which I higly doubt, I still think he'll be a real asset for those reasons.

I wasn't talking about our chances, I was talking about United today who on any other day given the same opportunities would have been battered by City.

Regarding Adama, it is as I have said it. I will reserve judgement until he does do something worthy of being nothing but a big bloke who can run really fast, it is literally what he he has built his career on so far and he is 27 years old now.  Lets not forget that on paper, Dan James with his blistering pace should have been a real asset but he wasn't..

So I will reserve judgement. Nothing more, nothing less but will hope that he turns up to be top trumps for us.

ianthailand

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 27, 2023, 10:35:41 PMOn another day doing the same things, City win that by an easy five or six lads.  The defence looked a bit creaky at times because they literally had nothing to do for about 89 minutes of the entire game.

Many wise comments, agree completely.

RaySmith

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 28, 2023, 12:39:55 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on August 27, 2023, 11:10:28 PMWe'll see, I think we can hurt them, but equally, obviously, wouldn't be too surprised if they rolled us over either because on their day they're close to unstoppable.

I wasn't talking about our chances, I was talking about United today who on any other day given the same opportunities would have been battered by City.

Regarding Adama, it is as I have said it. I will reserve judgement until he does do something worthy of being nothing but a big bloke who can run really fast, it is literally what he he has built his career on so far and he is 27 years old now.  Lets not forget that on paper, Dan James with his blistering pace should have been a real asset but he wasn't..

So I will reserve judgement. Nothing more, nothing less but will hope that he turns up to be top trumps for us.

Didn't he win the corner for our goal? then nearly scored himself.

Shows he's still got it from when he scored in the last minute for Wolves at the Cottage a couple of seasons ago, a similar lone  breakaway attack, outpacing defenders.

So perhaps Marco and Fulham can bring consistency to his game, he's obviously got the innate talent.

Have to wait and see, all signings are a gamble, But Marco obviously feels the bloke has something to offer, and look how other 'past it' big names have done with us recently.

One Martin Thomas

Rubbish = a well drilled / hard working team ????!!!!! Slightly disrespectful to SU in my opinion

H4usuallysitting

Are we talking about triple winning City..... I'd be happy with a draw... I'd be happier if we didn't play them..... But, we'll have nothing to lose, and on our day we'll make chance's - it's converting those chance's

hovewhite

Think SU have made one of the best signings in Gustavo Hamer a superb player with a real competitive edge to his game.