Sheff Utd   
1-2
   Man City
Newcastle   
   1-2   
   Liverpool

WhiteJC

Tottenham: Tosin Adarabioyo transfer update
The Fulham centre-back could be on his way to north London this summer...

Tottenham Hotspur are in talks to sign Fulham centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo in a potential swap deal, with an out-of-favour player going the other way.
    Spurs have cooled their interest in Bayer Leverkusen's Edmond Tapsoba due to the asking price.
    Adarabioyo could be a good fit and has caught the attention of Monaco, but a swap deal with Spurs is now being discussed.

Tottenham Hotspur have now opened talks to sign Fulham centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo, in what could potentially be a swap deal, with an out-of-favour player going in the opposite direction, according to a report.

Are Tottenham signing a defender?
In the final week of the summer transfer window, Spurs are still keen on making a number of additions to their squad, with 90min reporting they want to sign another defender, and they have several targets in mind, including Bayer Leverkusen's Edmond Tapsoba.

However, Football Insider report the German club's asking price of £50m is proving to be prohibitive, so Spurs have cooled their interest, and they could instead make a move for Torino defender Perr Schuurs, according to journalist Ben Jacobs.

Speaking on Last Word on Spurs (via The Boy Hotspur), Jacobs said:

"Perr Schuurs I think is still being discussed internally, and he could be a player at a little bit more value than some of the other names being discussed."

Adarabioyo has been a target for the Lilywhites for much of the summer, with it previously being reported he would be keen on a move to north London, however, there has been a great deal of competition for his signature, namely from AS Monaco.

Fulham boss Marco Silva has confirmed Monaco have already made an offer for the centre-back, but it was "not even close to the value of the player", so it was knocked back by the Cottagers, in what was an "easy" decision.

As such, the door could be open for the defender to move to north London this summer, and Tottenham have now opened talked with Fulham over a swap deal, with Eric Dier plus cash going in the opposite direction, according to a report from Football Insider.

Dier has been out of favour ever since Ange Postecoglou's arrival, so Spurs are now willing to part ways with him, in order to get a deal for the Fulham colossus over the line before the September 1st deadline.

The Cottagers may be forced to sell the Englishman this summer to avoid losing him for free in 2024, with his contract set to expire in less than a year's time.

How good is Tosin Adarabioyo?
Lauded as a "magnificent defender" by football writer Muhammad Butt, the 6 foot 5 colossus is adept at winning aerial duels, ranking in the 77th percentile for aerials won per 90 in the past year, while also placing in the 99th percentile for clearances.

Although he was a part of the Fulham team that was relegated in the 2020-21 season, the 25-year-old has since gone on to establish himself in the Premier League, making 25 top-flight appearances last season, and putting in some top performances to boot.

The £37k-per-week defender managed to catch the joint-third highest number of opponents offside of any Premier League player last season, indicating he is capable of playing a high line, which could make him a good fit in a Postecoglou system.

With Dier clearly not in Postecoglou's plans, it could make perfect sense to send the 29-year-old in the opposite direction, and it may well be a deal that suits all parties.

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-premier-leaguetosin-adarabioyo-transfer-updates-news-rumours/

WhiteJC

Jay Stansfield on his dream debut winning goal against Plymouth Argyle
The former Exeter City striker clinched a 2-1 victory for Birmingham at St Andrew's, just a couple of days after joining them on a season-long loan from Fulham

Jay Stansfield admitted his dramatic late winning goal for Birmingham City on his debut was extra special because it was against Plymouth Argyle.

Stansfield scored with almost the last kick of the Championship match at St Andrew's in the fifth and final minute of added time to secure a 2-1 win for Blues.

The 20-year-old came through the youth academy at Exeter City, where his late father Adam played, before moving on to Premier League club Fulham in 2019.

Stansfield returned to Exeter on a season-long loan for the 2022/23 campaign and played twice against Argyle and did not score in either Devon derby game as City were beaten both times.

However, it was a different story as he made a decisive impact as a 62nd minute substitute for Birmingham on his debut, much to his delight, the vast majority of the 20,685 crowd as well as his mates from Exeter.

Stansfield had already received lots of messages about his spectacular goal by the time he spoke to the media after the match.

"I couldn't have dreamed of a better debut," he said. "I think being a forward player, an attacking player, one of my main strengths is finding the goal.

"I just had no back lift and I knew where the goal was. I took a right foot swing and luckily it went in.

"It doesn't come any better, especially against Plymouth as well. Exeter is my home town and to score against them, but not only that, just to get the three points here on my debut and just set a statement really and show everyone what I can do."

He continued: "I felt the buzz when I came on the pitch. Everyone stood up and gave me a round of applause, and I just felt welcome from that moment.

"It gave me a lot of energy to go and push, and get the winner. They had scored just as I came on. It gave me more hunger to come on and make an impact, and show everyone what I have got."

Stansfield explained his mum and step-dad were on a cruise so were not at St Andrew's to see him make his debut on a season-long loan from Fulham, but his girlfriend and a couple of mates were as he scored with his terrific strike.

"I remember scoring one of them last season at Exeter against Charlton," he said. "The ball just dropped to me and I hit a volley and it went in the back of the net.

"I practice every day my finishing and I sort of know where the goal is so when it bounces to me some people just say I take a swing at it but in my head I know where I'm putting it."

He added: "I just wanted to be at a club where it was big ambitions and obviously it was a bonus when I saw it (his first game) was Plymouth.

"It just gives me a hunger to be able to go out and show them what I have got. Sometimes I get a bit of stick from them.

"I was at Exeter in the academy, all my family live there, I played against them (Argyle) last season and didn't score so be able to come here and do it today is special."

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/jay-stansfield-dream-debut-winning-8707831

WhiteJC

How Tottenham Hotspur could line up against Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur head coach Ange Postecoglou will ring the changes for his side's trip to Fulham in the second round of the EFL Cup on Tuesday night.

Spurs will still be missing Tanguy Ndombele, Alfie Whiteman, Bryan Gil, Ryan Sessegnon and Rodrigo Bentancur for the all-Premier League clash due to injury.

Meanwhile, Destiny Udogie picked up a knock during Saturday's 2-0 victory over Bournemouth and is unlikely to be risked for this match.

Fraser Forster is set to get the nod between the sticks, while Emerson Royal, Ben Davies and Davinson Sanchez are likely to come into the back four for the clash at Craven Cottage.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Giovani Lo Celso are in line for midfield starts despite the speculation surrounding their futures, while Oliver Skipp should also start in the middle.

Postecoglou will be looking to build Richarlison's confidence in front of goal, so the Brazilian should start again.

However, there could be two changes to the attack, with Ivan Perisic and Manor Solomon in line for starting roles in the EFL Cup clash.

Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup: Forster; Emerson, Sanchez, Van de Ven, Davies; Hojbjerg, Skipp, Lo Celso; Perisic, Richarlison, Solomon

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/league-cup/predicted-lineups/how-tottenham-hotspur-could-line-up-against-fulham_522323.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

'It's a joke!' - Marco Silva says new Premier League rules 'protect big clubs' as Calvin Bassey red card proves costly in Fulham draw with Arsenal

Marco Silva has sensationally claimed that the Premier League is out to 'protect big clubs' after Fulham's draw away at Arsenal on Saturday

Fulham snatch draw at Arsenal
    Down to 10 men after Bassey red
    Silva very unhappy with first yellow

WHAT HAPPENED? Fulham had to see Saturday's game out with 10-men after summer acquisition Calvin Bassey was given his marching orders thanks to two bookable offences with seven minutes of normal time left. The first yellow card was for timewasting, the second for a not-so-subtle block on Eddie Nketiah. While he and Fulham can have little complaints about the latter, Silva certainly isn't happy about the first booking.

WHAT THEY SAID: Speaking after the draw, Silva said: "The first yellow card for Calvin is a joke, and of course we understand the new circumstances (rules). They are taking all the emotion from the game because it is going to protect the big clubs because you have to see consistency in the decisions. For sure if you play for Fulham, or for other clubs and take 10-15 seconds to take a throw-in or in a goal kick it will be a yellow card, a player will always be under pressure because if you make a foul, it will be a second yellow card.

"For the other clubs it is not the same. If you see one of the first throw-ins for (Thomas) Partey, he took much more time than Calvin at the goal-kick. It was not a yellow card. Why? Because they were losing the game? It is always going to be not the big clubs who suffer more. 'No one listens to us, we knew this was going to happen."

THE BIGGER PICTURE: The Premier League have set a precedent in the opening weeks of the season as they look to clamp down on timewasting and dissent. There has been a rise in both yellow and red cards as players suffer the consequences of the new rules, with some being incredibly harsh cautions, including Bassey's first on Saturday. Fulham have seen two of their defenders sent off in two consecutive weeks, Bassey yesterday and Tim Ream against Brentford.

WHAT NEXT FOR BASSEY? He faces a one-match suspension after picking up the red card, meaning he'll miss Fulham's Carabao Cup tie at home to Spurs on August 29. He'll be available for selection for their next Premier League game against Manchester City on Saturday.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/marco-silva-premier-league-big-clubs-calvin-bassey-red-fulham-draw-arsenal/blt04977593d0ae9602

WhiteJC

Timothy Castagne 'set to' complete Leicester City exit
The latest Leicester City transfer news as the defender looks to be closing in on a exit before Friday's transfer deadline.

Leicester City full-back Timothy Castagne is 'set to' join Premier League side Fulham, according to reports in his native Belgium.

The right-back is yet to make an appearance for City under Enzo Maresca, and is one of the players expected to move on from the club before Friday's transfer deadline. He was, though, a surprise inclusion on the bench for the 2-1 win over Rotherham on Saturday afternoon.

Arsenal, Juventus and Fulham are the three clubs who have been linked with an interest in the Belgium international this summer. It seems that a move to Craven Cottage is now the most likely.

According to Belgium journalist Sacha Tovolieri , Castagne is 'set to' join Fulham this week. The details of the potential deal are not divulged.

Last week, Sky Sports reported that Fulham were in 'advanced talks' with City over a move for Castagne. The defender has two years remaining on his contract at the King Power Stadium.

He joined from Italian side Atalanta in the summer of 2020. The 27-year-old has played a total of 112 times for City during his time at the club, scoring five goals, including one on his debut for the club in the season opener in 2020.

Before the game against Rotherham, Castagne was left out of the matchday squad for the previous two Championship games vs Huddersfield and Cardiff City. Speaking after the game against Huddersfield, Maresca said that speculation over players' futures was one of the reasons they were left out of the squad.

"Probably for some of them there is some noise and probably could be one of the reasons why I decided to leave them at home, but it's not the only reason."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/timothy-castagne-set-to-complete-8708343

WhiteJC

Information for fans travelling to Craven Cottage on Tuesday evening
Supporters making the trip to SW6 for our Carabao Cup second round tie against Fulham on Tuesday evening should be aware of the following information...

A reminder that we kick-off at 7.45pm, with gates opening at 6.15pm.

Supporters are asked to take particular note of the information regarding the unauthorised use of tickets which can be found below.

Getting to Craven Cottage

Craven Cottage is accessible via all major transport links. Putney Bridge is the closest London Underground station and is served by the District line and is a 10-20 minute walk from the stadium. District and Piccadilly lines also serve Hammersmith Underground station which is approximately a 20-40 minute walk from the stadium

Putney station is served by Southwestern rail services and is a 17-35 minute walk from the stadium and can be easily reached from Clapham Junction and Waterloo stations.

Parking around Craven Cottage is extremely limited and access to surrounding streets on a matchday is restricted by a Traffic Management Order.

Supporters are advised to use TfL's Journey Planner to plan their journey in advance.

Entering the stadium

The visitors' section is located in the Putney Stand of the stadium in Blocks 5-7 and entered via Turnstiles 1-17.

Supporters are advised to arrive early to avoid queues at turnstiles as over 6,000 fans will be travelling to Craven Cottage for this fixture.

Accessibility

Fulham's guide for disabled supporters can be found here.

Supporters can use a dedicated accessible entrance to the left of the turnstiles where stewards will be available to assist with entry.

Accessible toilets are available in the visitors' section. Supporters without their own RADAR key will be able to request one from a steward.

Access Stewards will be present in accessible viewing areas along with Tottenham Hotspur Access Stewards should any support be required.

Refreshments

Concessions in the visitors' section of the stadium will be serving food and hot and cold drinks as well as alcoholic beverages.

Visiting supporter pubs

The Eight Bells, The Kings Arms and The Temperance pubs are recommended for visiting supporters.

Cashless payments

All payments inside the stadium will be cashless. Major credit and debit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay are accepted.

Bag policy

Supporters are advised not to bring a bag to the stadium. Supporters bringing a bag should note that only those of A4 size (21x30cm) and smaller will be permitted into the stadium. Bags will be searched on entry.

Please follow this link for details of the bag drop facility at Craven Cottage.

Supporters that are on the 'Disability Access Scheme' and have a bag exemption certificate for home matches, please bring the certificate with you. Fulham will accept these forms on the night and will allow you to enter with your bag.

Spurs Respects

We are proud of our superb and loyal support at home and away.

We recognise that most supporters want to watch a football match and not listen to abusive or indecent language from the stands. Discriminatory or violent behaviour, including racist, homophobic, sexist or anti-disability shouting, chanting or actions, is unacceptable.

The Club reserves the right to indefinitely ban supporters found guilty of using discriminatory language or violent behaviour.

Reporting anti-social behaviour

To report an incident at Craven Cottage, please notify the nearest steward or text 'FULHAM' to 60066 with stand, row and seat details.

Ticket Office

Tickets can be collected from booths outside the Johnny Haynes Stand on Stevenage Road.

Duplicate tickets must be requested by emailing ticket.office@tottenhamhotspur.com and will only be provided on production of valid photo ID.

Flags and banners

Flags and banners must be no larger than 2m x 1m and must not obstruct the views of others, cover advertising signs or cause a safety hazard, nor may they display abusive or threatening words, images, political statements or be deemed unacceptable. Flag poles are not permitted. All flags and banners must carry a valid Fire Safety Certificate.

Supporters are also reminded of the Club's own Flags and Banners Policy which is in effect at away matches.

Unauthorised use of tickets

Supporters are reminded that the unauthorised reselling or passing on of tickets is strictly prohibited. In line with the Club's Sanctions & Banning Policy, supporters selling away match tickets above face value will receive an indefinite ban and deduction of all Ticketing Points. Supporters passing on away match tickets equal to face value or less will receive a written warning and a 50% reduction of Ticketing Points.

Supporters unable to attend

Supporters unable to attend the match should contact the Ticket Office as soon as possible. The Club will make best endeavours to reallocate tickets to other eligible supporters and issue refunds upon receipt of original tickets.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/august/information-for-fans-travelling-to-craven-cottage-on-tuesday-evening/

WhiteJC

Leicester City Star Set To Complete Move By Deadline Day
Leicester City fullback Timothy Castagne is close to joining Fulham and will move to Craven Cottage before the transfer window closes next Friday, according to reports.

Castagne has not featured at all for the Foxes in a competitive game under new head coach Enzo Maresca this season, although the Belgium international did get onto the bench at the weekend during a 2-1 win away against Rotherham United.

The former Atalanta man has been linked with a return to Italy as Juventus were reportedly one of three clubs interested in his signature, alongside Premier League giants Arsenal and Marco Silva's Fulham.

However, according to journalist Sacha Tavolieri, the Cottagers are set to come out on top, despite Castagne leaning towards signing for Juventus.

Speaking to the media earlier in the month, Fulham head coach Silva hinted that the squad needed to be strengthened in the fullback area [quotes via Football FanCast]:

"Unfortunately, we need many still. We have some important players injured.

"I hope they can come sooner. We have just two fullbacks, we need a midfielder too and we have just two wingers so we need another two wingers."

Castagne moved to the King Power Stadium in the summer of 2020 and helped Leicester City to win the FA Cup in 2021 in a 1-0 win against Chelsea while finishing fifth in the league.

Nevertheless, the Foxes were relegated last season and there is a feeling that the wingback is too good for the Championship.

Fulham have signed Adama Traore, Raul Jimenez and Calvin Bassey this summer and Castagne may be the fourth and final addition for the London club before the transfer window closes this coming Friday.

Writer's View
Castagne is certainly too good for the Championship. However, the Foxes are on an incredible run of form at the moment, sitting pretty at the top of the league and have not missed the Belgian thus far.

Nevertheless, Castagne's ability to play both on the right and left as well as his versatility to be a winger, wingback and fullback will make him a very astute addition for Fulham this season.

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/08/27/leicester-city-star-set-to-complete-move-by-deadline-day/

WhiteJC

Fabrizio Romano drops update as Fulham close in on Leicester City transfer
Romano suggests that Timothy Castagne could soon make the switch to Craven Cottage.

Leicester City has made a great start to the season, winning all four of their Championship matches.
    Talks are underway between Leicester and Fulham over the potential transfer of Timothy Castagne, who is high on Marco Silva's transfer list.
    Fabrizio Romano reveals that the an agreement is close, with the final details of the deal being discussed between the two sides.

It has been a fantastic start to the season for Leicester City.

Having spent a relatively decent amount of money this summer, and retaining a strong squad following their drop from the Premier League, expectations are high for the Foxes this season, and so far, they have lived up to those.

Indeed, having played four Championship matches, Leicester have won all of them, sitting top of the table on 12 points at this very early stage.

They are the only club in the division to do this.

Of course, there could still be outgoings at the club ahead of the transfer deadline, with one man in particular having been linked with an exit - Timothy Castagne.

What is the latest on Timothy Castagne's future?
According to the latest update on his future, he could soon depart the King Power Stadium.

Indeed, as per Fabrizio Romano via Twitter, Fulham are getting closer to reaching an agreement for the Belgian full-back.

Romano claims that talks are underway between Leicester and the Premier League side over the final details of the deal.

Furthermore, Castagne is said to have been high on Marco Silva's transfer list this summer.

Have any other clubs been linked with Timothy Castagne this summer?
It has to be said, if Fulham are to land Castagne this summer, it would be quite the coup for the club given the calibre of some of the teams Castagne has been linked with this summer.

Indeed, back at the end of July, Calcio Mercato reported that Italian giants Juventus were keen on Castagne this summer,

Meanwhile, journalist Sacha Tavolieri claimed back in June that Castagne was a potential option for Premier League side Arsenal.

Is losing Timothy Castagne a big blow for Leicester City?
With reports last month claiming that Enzo Maresca was confident that he could keep hold of the Belgian, this could definitely be seen as a big loss for Leicester City.

However, they certainly haven't missed him in the Championship so far.

Furthermore, the club have two very strong right-back options aside from Castagne already at the club in Ricardo Pereira and James Justin.

Castagne does have two years left on his contract, too, meaning that Leicester are under no pressure to cash in.

That should mean the Foxes are able to recoup a very healthy transfer fee for the 27-year-old if indeed, he does move to the Premier League side.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fabrizio-romano-drops-update-as-fulham-close-in-on-leicester-city-transfer/

WhiteJC

Manchester United rival Fulham in Sergio Reguilon pursuit
Manchester United are keeping tabs on Tottenham Hotspur defender Sergio Reguilon over a possible emergency move.

According to Sky Sports journalist Lyall Thomas, Manchester United want to bring in a left-back before the summer transfer window closes, and they have three options on their shortlist. Sergio Reguilon happens to be a target for the Red Devils. Fulham are keen on the Tottenham outcast as well, and the €30 million man is up for grabs this summer.

Reguilon has struggled to live up to the expectations since his €30 million move to Tottenham. And the North Londoners are prepared to cash in on him permanently. He was on loan at Atletico Madrid last year, and his performances were quite underwhelming.

It is evident that Reguilon is going through a rough patch right now and he could use a fresh start. A move to Manchester United could help him get his career back on track with regular football. Erik ten Hag could help him rebuild his confidence as well.

The Dutchman was crucial to Marcus Rashford's upturn in form last season. Reguilon has been linked with a move back to Spain as well, and it will be interesting to see where he ends up eventually.

The 26-year-old has previously shown his quality in La Liga, and he could be a useful short-term addition for Manchester United if he can regain his form. It remains to be seen whether the Red Devils can get a deal done.

Manchester United might not want to sign him on a long-term contract. So a loan move would be ideal for them. As for Spurs, they will probably want to get rid of the player permanently. Reguilon will want a permanent solution as well. Meanwhile, Fulham are also keen on securing his services this summer.

It remains to be seen how the situation unfolds over the next few days. Manchester United have not looked too assured at the back in the opening games of the Premier League season. So they should look to bring in defensive reinforcements before the window closes.

Although Reguilon might not be an exciting addition, it would be a signing with plenty of potential upside, especially with Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia out for the foreseeable future. If he manages to impress at Old Trafford, the move could prove to be a bargain as well.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/08/27/manchester-united-rival-fulham-in-sergio-reguilon-pursuit/

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur 'discussing Tosin Adarabioyo, Eric Dier swap deal with Fulham'
Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham are supposedly in talks over a deal which would see Tosin Adarabioyo and Eric Dier move in opposite directions.

Having formerly been a regular in the Lilywhites backline under Antonio Conte, Dier has lost his place in the Spurs setup following significant criticism of his performances.

With Ange Postecoglou switching to a four-man defence and also bringing in Micky van de Ven from Wolfsburg to partner Cristian Romero, Dier has not even made a Premier League squad in the 2023-24 season so far.

Davinson Sanchez and Ben Davies find themselves above the England international in the pecking order, and he will be free to leave the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for nothing when his deal expires in 2024.

Dier was supposedly keen to fight for his place in the Tottenham setup under Postecoglou, but with Euro 2024 coming up, the 29-year-old could consider a departure in search of regular game time in the coming days.

Amid suggestions that Spurs hold an interest in Adarabioyo, Football Insider claims that the two clubs are now negotiating a transfer that could see both players move in opposite directions.

As is the case with Dier, Adarabioyo is in the final year of his contract at Craven Cottage and has also found himself on the fringes of Marco Silva's squad amid speculation surrounding his future.

Monaco are thought to be eyeing a move for the former Manchester City man before the September 1 deadline, but Spurs could offer Dier and cash in exchange for Adarabioyo's signature.

Fulham are believed to be admirers of Dier, whom Spurs are willing to consider offers for in the coming days, otherwise he will likely leave for free at the end of the campaign.

However, Fulham could face intense competition to prise the Englishman away from North London, with Scottish champions Celtic also thought to be keeping tabs on developments.

Dier graduated from the Sporting Lisbon academy before joining Tottenham in 2014, and he has 13 goals and 12 assists under his belt from 361 games for the Lilywhites in all tournaments.

The 29-year-old found the back of the net twice in 42 matches last season, but he missed the final few weeks of the campaign due to a groin injury and subsequent operation.

Meanwhile, Adarabioyo has scored three goals and set up two more in 108 matches for Fulham, who signed him from Man City for a mere £1.4m in the summer of 2020.

The 25-year-old was an integral player for the Cottagers during their promotion-winning 2021-22 season and played 25 top-flight matches last term, but he only made his first appearance of the 2023-24 campaign as a late substitute in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Arsenal.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news/tottenham-discussing-adarabioyo-dier-swap-deal-with-fulham_522341.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Should Arsenal have put the ball out of play before Nketiah's goal?
Controversy surrounded Arsenal's 2-2 draw against Fulham as they took the lead 2-1 while the Cottagers were down to ten men due to an injury.

In the match, Mikel Arteta's team found themselves trailing at halftime due to an early goal from Andreas Pereira. Bukayo Saka managed to equalise from the penalty spot after the break.

As Arsenal pursued a winning goal, they continued to apply pressure on Fulham's defence. Eventually, they managed to gain the lead for the first time in the game through a goal from Eddie Nketiah, assisted by substitute Fabio Vieira.

However, the controversy emerged when the goal was scored while Calvin Bassey of Fulham was injured and receiving treatment on the field. Typically, teams would kick the ball out of play in such situations to allow for medical attention to be provided.

In this instance, Arsenal did not adhere to that sportsmanship convention and chose to continue playing and eventually scored. This decision has drawn criticism from some, who have criticised Arsenal for a perceived lack of sportsmanship and class.

The Sun has reported on the backlash from fans, highlighting the widespread disapproval of Arsenal's actions during the match.

Just Arsenal Opinion
We could have put the ball out of play, but that is not a right, and we are to only do that if we wish to.

At that time, all we were thinking about was getting the winning goal and the players did the right thing to carry on playing.

Sadly, we did not win the game and rather than worry about what happened against Fulham, we need to look forward.

https://www.justarsenal.com/should-arsenal-have-put-the-ball-out-of-play-before-nketiahs-goal/347417

WhiteJC

'Incredible' Tottenham player now advancing on move to PL rivals, he's not in Postecoglou's plans
Tottenham Hotspur's London rivals Fulham are now thought to be advancing in their move to sign full-back Sergio Reguilon before the window shuts.

That's according to The Telegraph who shared that Fulham are currently ahead of Manchester United in any pursuit.

It was earlier revealed that United were considering a deal in the wake of a fresh injury to Luke Shaw.

Fulham themselves are still short of a left-back this season.

Antonee Robinson looks in no danger of losing his starting spot even if a player like Reguilon was signed before Deadline Day.

But with Layvin Kurzawa returning to Paris Saint Germain from his loan there's a distinct lack of cover in the area.

Tottenham are of course reported to want to offload Reguilon and it would appear that 26-year-old is not in Ange Postecoglou's plans.

Reguilon hasn't featured in any of Spurs' league squads this season.

Destiny Udogie is currently doing a fine job in the role with Ben Davies on the bench in support.

Fulham are advancing with their interest to sign Tottenham's Reguilon
Fulham have also been strongly linked with a move for Leicester City's Timothy Castagne today.

And whilst some Spurs fans may worry that might interfere with a departure for Reguilon, it seems unlikely to do so.

Marco Silva is known to enjoy having strong competition at full-back and you would imagine that Castagne is instead intended to challenge Kenny Tete.

Tottenham fans will probably be very excited to see if their side do have plans to add before the window closes.

And reports suggest that timely departures will be key to this.

It's both promising and unsurprising that 'incredible' Sergio Reguilon is drumming up so much interest from Premier League sides.

Promising because Spurs need to sell players as mentioned, and unsurprising because it's almost been forgotten how good Reguilon has been in England at times.

And if Fulham's pursuit of Tottenham's Reguilon materializes, he should be a very strong addition under Marco Silva.

https://tbrfootball.com/incredible-tottenham-player-now-advancing-on-move-to-pl-rivals-hes-not-in-postecoglous-plans/

WhiteJC

Fulham close to signing former Arsenal target from Leicester City
For Leicester City, the club has already seen most of the big players depart from the club after relegation. The Foxes have done well to recruit top players for their title charge in the Championship, but there is still one more departure that is likely to happen. Belgian defender Timothy Castagne has been subject to plenty of interest this summer and was one of the players expected to depart this summer. He's still with Leicester City but has yet to play a match this season. Now, Premier League side Fulham looks to bring the player back to the top flight.

Fulham closing in on signing Leicester City's Timothy Castagne
Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Fulham is close to reaching an agreement with Leicester City for Timothy Castagne. The two English clubs are still in talks in hopes of closing a deal. Romano states that Fulham boss Marco Silva is very keen on adding Castagne, hence the push to sign the player before the window closes.

As The Top Flight had covered, Timothy Castagne was shortlisted by Arsenal earlier this summer, but they ultimately decided against a deal. The Belgian's name has popped up again with Arsenal, though with the injury to Jurrien Timber.

Timothy Castagne is capable of playing on either side of the pitch and can play as full-back or wing-back. Castagne joined Leicester City in the summer of 2020 from Serie A side Atalanta. The Belgium international played his home country in the most recent World Cup in Qatar.

For Fulham, Castagne prevents a nice depth and versatile option as a fullback. The Cottagers currently have no senior backup left-back, with Antonee Robinson holding down the starting position. Even in the right-back spot, it is unclear how trusted loan returnee Kevin Mbabu will be to play backup to Kenny Tete.

https://thetopflight.com/2023/08/27/fulham-leicester-city-castagne/

WhiteJC

OGC Nice considering Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo as possible Jean-Clair Todibo replacement
Foot Mercato are reporting that OGC Nice are considering a move for Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo (25) in the event that Jean-Clair Todibo (23) departs the club before the end of the transfer window.

Todibo is heavily linked with a departure. Manager Francesco Farioli, as well as sporting director Florent Ghisolfi have both alluded to him possibly leaving the club before the end of the window. Manchester United have a strong interest in the French centre-back, however, as reported by L'Équipe, any move is dependent on Harry Maguire leaving the Premier League side.

However, Nice are planning for a potential departure. According to Foot Mercato, Adarabioyo is considered as a potential replacement. Local rivals AS Monaco have a long-standing interest in Adarabioyo, but according to recent reports, there is little chance of a deal being completed, despite the player's desire to move to the Principality club. Fulham reportedly hold an interest in Eric Dier and would therefore prefer to sell Adarabioyo to their London rivals.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/ogc-nice-considering-fulhams-tosin-adarabioyo-as-possible-jean-clair-todibo-replacement/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva says time-wasting caution favoured Arsenal and gives example
Fulham's manager, Marco Silva, has expressed his belief that the new time-wasting rule in football has been introduced to benefit the larger clubs, following an incident involving Calvin Bassey's red card during his full debut against Arsenal.

Bassey had previously received a yellow card for delaying a goal kick, a decision that generated controversy. Later in the match, he received a second yellow card for committing a foul.

The introduction of the new time-wasting rule has seen the Premier League take a stringent stance against time-wasting by teams during matches. This approach was similarly applied when Takehiro Tomiyasu of Arsenal was cautioned for a similar reason in a match against Crystal Palace.

Silva's viewpoint is that the new rule appears to be favouring the top-tier clubs, potentially due to the manner in which it has been enforced. He cited an instance involving Thomas Partey in a scenario where the official refrained from taking action.

The Portuguese manager said, as quoted by the Daily Mail:

'For the other clubs it is not the same. If you see one of the first throw-ins for (Thomas) Partey, he took much more time than Calvin at the goal-kick. It was not a yellow card. Why? Because they were losing the game? It is always going to be not the big clubs who suffer more.

'No one listens to us, we knew this was going to happen.'

Just Arsenal Opinion
Silva has every right to be angry about the caution, but the rules are the rules and the clubs have been briefed about the new changes.

We have also been a victim, so it makes no sense that he is claiming the rules are meant to favour the top clubs alone.

https://www.justarsenal.com/marco-silva-says-time-wasting-caution-favoured-arsenal-and-gives-example/347440

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on Castagne capture
Fulham are close to completing a permanent deal to sign the Leicester City full back Timothy Castagne.

The Belgium international, comfortable in both full back positions, has been one of Marco Silva's top targets throughout the summer and is expected to begin his Motspur Park medical tomorrow. Catasgne, who has not played for the Foxes in the Championship this season, had been hopeful of securing a move to Juventus but the Serie A side were unable to find the funds to sign the 27 year-old on a permanent basis.

Castagne, who was part of the Leicester side that won the FA Cup in 2021 by beating Chelsea in the final, has made 112 appearances in three years at the King Power Stadium, scoring three times. His departure was necessary to cut Leicester's wage bill following relegation and the versatile full back is seen by Fulham as someone who can challenge both Kenny Tete and Antonee Robinson with the Whites desperate for defensive cover.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/fulham-closing-in-on-castagne-capture/

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on a deal to sign Timothy Castagne
Marco Silva's Fulham are closing in on the signatures of the 27-year-old Leicester City full-back Timothy Castagne.

According to Fabrizio Romano, Fulham are keen on having Timothy Castagne in their ranks. Their manager Marco Silva is desperate to have the 27-year-old at his disposal and the Cottagers are closing in on his signatures.

Castagne came through the ranks at KRC Genk before joining Atalanta in 2017. The Belgian international went from strength to strength since joining the Italian club. And, on the back of his impressive performances, Leicester acquired his services in the summer of 2020.

Over the years, he has featured in a total of 112 matches for the Foxes and has contributed towards 13 goals. While Leicester struggled throughout last season, the 27-year-old still managed to put in some impressive performances.

He was involved in a total of 42 matches and racked up close to 3,600 minutes. The right-back even contributed towards six goals. While he is an integral part of their first team and has two years left on his contract, the 27-year-old could part ways with the club because of their relegation from the English top flight last season.

With the Foxes competing in the second division, the Belgian international is looking for a return to the top flight. Castagne has not yet featured for them in any of the fixtures so far, suggesting a move could be on the cards.

Meanwhile, Fulham are keen on having him in their ranks. They are desperately looking for a new right-back and Marco Silva is keen on having the 27-year-old. The Fulham boss is a big admirer of the Belgian and believes he could do wonders for them.

The Cottagers have been in talks with Leicester for a while now and according to Romano, the two parties could soon reach an agreement. The final details are being discussed and there is a real possibility of the transfer taking place in the coming days.

Aleksandar Mitrovic's big-money sale has given Fulham a lot of financial power and they are looking to make full use of it before the end of the window. If they do end up getting their hands on Castagne, it will surely add depth as well as quality to their defence.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/08/28/fulham-closing-in-on-a-deal-to-sign-timothy-castagne/

WhiteJC

Fulham 'closing in on Timothy Castagne deal'
Fulham have reportedly made progress in talks to sign Timothy Castagne from Leicester City.

The Cottagers have signed three players during the summer transfer window, recruiting Calvin Bassey, Adama Traore and Raul Jimenez.

Marco Silva is still keen to make as many as five more additions after seeing several players depart the club over the last few months.

Fulham are hoping to sign a replacement for Aleksandar Mitrovic, who recently completed a £46m transfer to Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal.

However, the Fulham boss has also stated that he wants to sign two full-backs before the transfer window shuts on Friday.

Speaking ahead of Saturday's 2-2 draw with Arsenal, Silva told reporters: "We have just two full-backs in our squad — one right-back and one left-back. We need two more."

Fulham have been in talks over a deal for Castagne, and it now appears that they are making progress in negotiations.

According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Fulham are on the verge of reaching an agreement for the Belgium international.

The update suggests that negotiations are at an advanced stage, with the two clubs currently discussing the final details of the proposed transfer.

Castagne has also been linked with Arsenal and Juventus over the summer, but Fulham are supposedly in pole position to secure his signature.

The 27-year-old has spent the last three years with Leicester, but he has not featured this season due to the uncertainty surrounding his future.

Castagne is set to leave the Foxes after making 112 appearances across all competitions, chipping in with five goals and eight assists.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/fulham-closing-in-on-timothy-castagne-deal_522376.html

WhiteJC

Dartford defeat Fulham FC Women
Dartford Women defeated Fulham FC Women to make it two wins from two at the start of their London and South East Regional Premier Division season – but their winner had more than a whiff of controversy about it.

The Darts dominated from outset, penning the visitors back inside their own half at Princes Park as they looked to build on an impressing win over Dulwich Hamlet last Sunday. Fulham failed to match their opponents' intensity or sense of adventure and it was little surprise when the hosts went in front on twelve minutes. Nicha Dyett punished the Fulham defence for failing to clear their lines by racing in on goal and fired past Libby Stratton to score her second goal in two games. Fulham almost hit back immediately when summer signing Sasha Adamson struck the bar with a dipping drive from nearly 30 yards that had Jade Charlton rooted to the spot, before their hopes of getting back into the contest were dealt a devastating blow just after the half hour.

The dangerously Dyett turned provider this time, playing in Emily Vaughan, who found the bottom corner with a low effort despite being yards offside. Fulham's three centre halves had pushed up to the edge of the penalty area and waited for a flag that never was never raised. Referee Alex Stacchini allowed the goal to stand after a lengthy consultation with his assistant on the far side – much to the visitors' fury.

Steve Jaye's side seemed stunned by being two down in such contentious circumstances and were fortunate not to be further behind at the break. Stratton saved well from Gemma Shepherd, whilst the Darts defence were largely untroubled as Fulham's front two were horribly isolated during the first period. The visitors, playing in their pink away kit for the first time this term, were much more ambitious after the interval and almost forced their way back into the contest when Sophie Manzi saw a snapshot saved and Becky Stormer's follow-up was blocked behind for a corner.

The ensuing set-play did bring a goal, although there was confusion about the identity of the scorer. Tia Foreman's devilish delivery caught out Charlton and could have crossed the line after whacking the woodwork but Ella Tagliavini stabbed home from close range to make absolutely certain. Fulham looked a more formidable attacking force after Georgia Heasman, Edie Buchele and Mary Southgate came off the bench but couldn't find an equaliser despite piling on the pressure in the closing stages. Foreman flashed a drive fractionally over the bar, whilst Adamson and Stormer shot wide in stoppage time.

Fulham, who probably paid the penalty for a poor half hour before the Darts' controversial second goal, will hope to hit back by registering a first win of the season against Aylesford at Motspur Park next Sunday afternoon.

DARTFORD FC WOMEN: Charlton; Read, Davis, Hinds, Wason; Woodgates, Adams, Griffiths; Dyett, Shepherd, Vaughan; Subs: Shurtey, Howell, Hawkins, Torry.

BOOKED: Shepherd.

GOALS: Dyett (12), Vaughan (31).

FULHAM FC WOMEN: Stratton; Tagliavini, Stormer, Dale; Mendes, Foreman, Hill, Barron-Clark, Huntrods; Adamson, Manzi. Subs: Parker, Southgate, Parsonson, Heasman, Buchele.

BOOKED: Dale.

GOAL: Tagliavini (54).

REFEREE: Alex Stacchini.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/08/dartford-defeat-fulham-fc-women/