Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

I'd go for something like this:

Rodak
Mbabu Tosin Ream Robinson
        Reed Cairney
    Adama Harris BDR
          Vinicius

I know that's some pretty heavy rotation, but Tete really seems like he could do with some rest (likewise Robinson, but unfortunatelly we have no one else).

Diop and Lukic are two players with most minutes this season so far if you count pre season I'm pretty sure (I remember reading about players with most minutes in pre season and they were one and two and they now started all PL games as well, with Diop finishing them on top of that). I'd even consider De Fougerolles if Tosin is off. Diop really needs rest.

Andreas and Palhinha both only recently came back from injury. Risking them here wouldn't be wise either.

Vini deserves a shot, and I'd love to see Adama get a start.

btffc

Is Bassey suspended for this game or city?

SerbianLad

Quote from: btffc on August 28, 2023, 09:44:01 PMIs Bassey suspended for this game or city?
This game, I'm 99% sure. I'd have him over Robinson otherwise.

alfie

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 28, 2023, 09:40:18 PMI'd go for something like this:

Rodak
        Reed Cairney
    Adama Harris BDR
          Vinicius

I know that's some pretty heavy rotation, but Tete really seems like he could do with some rest (likewise Robinson, but unfortunatelly we have no one else).

Diop and Lukic are two players with most minutes this season so far if you count pre season I'm pretty sure (I remember reading about players with most minutes in pre season and they were one and two and they now started all PL games as well, with Diop finishing them on top of that). I'd even consider De Fougerolles if Tosin is off. Diop really needs rest.

Andreas and Palhinha both only recently came back from injury. Risking them here wouldn't be wise either.

Not sure why Tete should need a rest, they've only played a few games.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LC

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 28, 2023, 09:40:18 PMI'd go for something like this:

Rodak
        Reed Cairney
    Adama Harris BDR
          Vinicius

Yes, I think I agree with this, although I don't think Tosin will play for us again.

I would rest Tete, he had a hard game on the weekend and given his previous injury record I would save him for the weekend game with Man City.

This would have been a good game to test Jay Stansfield out but hopefully he gets a good run of games at Birmingham

SerbianLad

Quote from: alfie on August 28, 2023, 09:53:00 PM

Rodak
        Reed Cairney
    Adama Harris BDR
          Vinicius

Not sure why Tete should need a rest, they've only played a few games.

@LC basically explained exactly my reasoning

St Eve

We should play a full strength team and take this competition seriously

Lighthouse

Well I am sorry and I know many have said how important this competition is for clubs like ours. But to me it no longer means anything. It would if we were in a lower league struggling. But the last thing we need are anymore bookings and injury problems.

Personally, and I know many or most will disagree. But I would put out a reserve side with a smattering of kids. It can be used to test players fitness. However nowadays the cups just don't mean as much as they did.

After all they have even changed the League Cup into a region thing for the early rounds. It just is annoying filler.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

wback

I'd play the full team. We have City, then two weeks off. Spurs will come in pretty strong I think.

Given what happened at the Brentford game, I'd like to see us get some confidence at home.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2023, 11:02:24 AMWell I am sorry and I know many have said how important this competition is for clubs like ours. But to me it no longer means anything. It would if we were in a lower league struggling. But the last thing we need are anymore bookings and injury problems.

Personally, and I know many or most will disagree. But I would put out a reserve side with a smattering of kids. It can be used to test players fitness. However nowadays the cups just don't mean as much as they did.

After all they have even changed the League Cup into a region thing for the early rounds. It just is annoying filler.
Understand what you are saying, but from my time at Fulham, players loved playing in cup games
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Hoppus

Leno

Robinson
Tosin
Diop
Tete

Lukic
Palhina
Andreas

BDR
Raul
Wilson

I guess Traore is not fit for 90 minutes?