more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joao to Bayern

Started by JOND999, August 30, 2023, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 31, 2023, 08:08:07 AM
Quote from: junior white on August 31, 2023, 08:06:26 AMI had never really heard of him when we singed him, when I saw him play I wondered how I hadn't lol. He has been immense for us, I said to my dad we will be lucky to keep him for 2 seasons at this rate. I really hope he stays. With Rice going for what £105 million or so, JP at the same age would be worth more in my opinion. The fact he isnt English and that he is 28 will mean we wont get similar to what West Ham got for Rice sadly, although in my opinion he is better than Rice in every way. I reckon we will get closer to 90 million euros if he were to go. Problem is who do you replace him with, looking back he was a bargain.
We just need to find another bargain  ::thumb::  ::scarf::
As the saying goes, easier said than done.

The real issue for me is how late they have left the approach it just unsettles the player and forces things look at city with the wolves fella.

Grassy Noel

I have just read somewhere that Bayern were showing interest in Eric Dier.Perhaps Harry put in a good word for Eric. If so please let it be true and thanks Harry.

bog

Joao was 26 when Marco signed him. Why had no one else gone for him? His career has blossomed since arriving. It annoys me that as soon as we find a gem all the 'big clubs' start circling and the pundits  say he should be with a bigger club not for us to get among those 'bigger clubs' by keeping him. Grrr  ::angry:: 

Rj Fulham

Tell them to take a long walk off a short plank, basically!
He is far too integral a player to this club, and shouldn't be sold for any price ::thumb::

hopper

Surprised that we are even entertaining discussions at this point, if you lose a key player you can't right at the death of the window like this which throws the whole season off.

alfie

Quote from: hopper on August 31, 2023, 10:18:00 AMSurprised that we are even entertaining discussions at this point, if you lose a key player you can't right at the death of the window like this which throws the whole season off.

[/quo
Quote from: hopper on August 31, 2023, 10:18:00 AMSurprised that we are even entertaining discussions at this point, if you lose a key player you can't right at the death of the window like this which throws the whole season off.

Are we in discussions?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Marcel_Gecov

I dont see how he goes. There are too many things that get in the way of it happening. Bayern are also tryign to buy Chalobah and have bought Kane and Min-Hae. Thatll take them up to nearly 300m of transfers.

I would be far more worried that they have a month to sort it out in Jan. This feels like an early shot across our bows and we should brace for a tug of war in the new year. However, if we are looking good (and MS signs and no doubt Palhinha staying would be a consideration to any MS extension) Id say "tough luck" to cairney and make Palhinha our captain and tie him down... if he loves the club and his passion is real then I could see him staying and helping us have a European run.

ianthailand

Quote from: bog on August 31, 2023, 09:59:38 AMJoao was 26 when Marco signed him. Why had no one else gone for him? His career has blossomed since arriving. It annoys me that as soon as we find a gem all the 'big clubs' start circling and the pundits  say he should be with a bigger club not for us to get among those 'bigger clubs' by keeping him. Grrr  ::angry:: 
We do the same to smaller clubs than us so, what goes around comes around.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ianthailand on August 31, 2023, 10:24:54 AM
Quote from: bog on August 31, 2023, 09:59:38 AMJoao was 26 when Marco signed him. Why had no one else gone for him? His career has blossomed since arriving. It annoys me that as soon as we find a gem all the 'big clubs' start circling and the pundits  say he should be with a bigger club not for us to get among those 'bigger clubs' by keeping him. Grrr  ::angry:: 

Whose side are you on, pal?

filham

This has been a dread all through the window, a late bid for Palhinha leaving us no time to fill the gap,remember we don't even have an understudy for him at the moment.

Surely we can hold on to him for a while, even if only to Christmas, to give us time to find a replacement.

Holders

I may be in a false state of security over this but I don't see how a player who's on a long contract, without any release clause that's some to light, would be sold at this stage of the proceedings unless the terms were acceptable to FFC. That, to me, means a suitable price and acceptable replacement with some left in the back pocket. Couple that with the rumoured commitment to Silva that we would not be parting with our best players and the likelihood of such a result being desirable for him seems remote to me. Anything else and we'd be left in a Dempsey situation.

I can well see the attraction of Bayern in footballing and environmental terms, as opposed to Saudi with its unpleasant environment albeit megabucks, but he freely signed and those are the consequences.

It's not for big clubs to presume that because they like someone they can necessarily have him, whatever pressure the journalists apply to stir up the situation.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Holders on August 31, 2023, 10:51:07 AMI may be in a false state of security over this but I don't see how a player who's on a long contract, without any release clause that's some to light, would be sold at this stage of the proceedings unless the terms were acceptable to FFC. That, to me, means a suitable price and acceptable replacement with some left in the back pocket. Couple that with the rumoured commitment to Silva that we would not be parting with our best players and the likelihood of such a result being desirable for him seems remote to me. Anything else and we'd be left in a Dempsey situation.

I can well see the attraction of Bayern in footballing and environmental terms, as opposed to Saudi with its unpleasant environment albeit megabucks, but he freely signed and those are the consequences.

It's not for big clubs to presume that because they like someone they can necessarily have him, whatever pressure the journalists apply to stir up the situation.

Agreed, they can 'insist' as much as they like at this point, if we want to grow as a club then the answer should be the obvious and end with "... off"

Southcoastffc

FWIW (and it may be rubbish) on Talksport just now Alex Crook said Bayern were offering £60m but Fulham were 'looking for £80m'.  Who knows what the real position is.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Delboy

The club wanted our season ticket money as early as possible, now we may be watching as our best players are again sold so close to the end of the transfer window. A little bit of loyalty to the fans please Fulham.

Sammyffc

haha, people seem to forget that part

bog

With the lower league clubs I think it is a fact of life that a lot try to unearth a gem to sell on for a big fee to go towards the club's finances. A lot trawl the academies of the 'bigger' clubs to see those youngsters who are going to be released and offer them another chance to make it. What annoys me are those clubs who try to steal a good player from a lower league club. 

Lordedmundo

Fulham don't want to sell.  Palhinha doesn't want to leave.  If Bayern insist on making offers we should just keep putting the price up - the same as other clubs have with us this window when they didn't want to sell a player.  Maybe if the price gets to £100m, it could happen - but I would say that the odds are about 100-1 this window.

Rj Fulham

QuoteFulham unwilling to sell Palhinha despite Bayern Interest

Bayern Munich want to sign Fulham Midfielder Joao Palhinha.
However, no formal offer has yet been made, and Fulham are not welcoming one.

Fulham have no intention of selling the Portugal international, especially this late in the window as it would leave little time to bring in a replacement.

Source:Sky sports

Well seeing this, i fell a little bit better!

General

The only person pushing this is the Sky Sports Germany Correspondent who largely covers Bayern stories and has a close relationship with the club (Florian Plettenberg, who's twitter has a picture of him doing keepy ups with Harry at Bayern).

You have to take it with a pinch of salt, regardless of whether there's truth to it, as this 'journalist' may simply have inherent biases towards Bayern as a club and want to see the transfer happen as a fan and someone who's career and perhaps personal interests are more aligned with deals like this that go through.

ChesterTheTabby

As if we weren't in the top 10 of all of England last season...
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"