watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joao to Bayern

Started by JOND999, August 30, 2023, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOND999

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2023/8/30/23852742/multiple-reports-indicate-fulham-joao-palhinha-wants-bayern-munich-transfer-rumors-muller-harry-kane

what thinks all?

i'd keep him.  we're either a real team or not.  not going to stay up without him and Metro

bog

That's a rather depressing read.

Blawarmy

Cant we just tell them to f off?

ChesterTheTabby

We need to not be a selling club when we have star players. Thriving, not surviving, in the premier league is what we need for stability, growth, and success. Selling our fulcrum players to a "big club" when they are a luxury for them but a necessity for us is pure foolishness.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SerbianLad

Quote from: JOND999 on August 30, 2023, 08:57:41 PMhttps://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2023/8/30/23852742/multiple-reports-indicate-fulham-joao-palhinha-wants-bayern-munich-transfer-rumors-muller-harry-kane

what thinks all?

i'd keep him.  we're either a real team or not.  not going to stay up without him and Metro
We could still stay up, because it looks like this season will have more poor teams than the last.

Having said that, I fully agree with your post otherwise. Losing Mitro, a top 20 striker in the world, would be a pretty big blow for most clubs and was an enormous blow for us because of our size and the fact that we still haven't fully been established as a PL club. Losing Palhinha, a top 10 DM in the world, would be way too much for us to take.

Keep him at all costs.

H4usuallysitting

£80m & Thomas Muller please

bobbo

Yeah bog I thought the same . Throughout my time as a supporter we've almost never been able to hold on to decent players . Why arnt Brentford's players getting the same attention that our are . I'm already on the verge of this being my last season as a STH .so losing joao will not help my current drop in enthusiasm . He's sooo important , just the difference from when he was on the bench at the bees match .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bahay18

Let's hope he doesn't do an Odemwingie and drive to Munich

I'm sure if really wanted out he would have got his agent to sort before now. It will come down to the player , contract is irrelevant just means we can get a better fee .

BestOfBrede

Behave fgs!
Bavarianfootballworks.com 'indicate', 'transfer rumours' blimey!
Do they 80/90m to spend?
Otherwise, we have a long contract with the man and can say copulate off!

Whatever is said in the media, I do not believe that Joao is unhappy here and/or wants to leave, unless really silly money is up for grabs! Therefore,the only concern would be the desert dwellers coming with a late bid.

I pray that will not happen!

RAY Rock ????

If this is true is our club skint as our owner is in the top 6 richest in the Premier league. If Paulinha leaves all good will the owners have had will be evaporated and they will seriously face a backlash. 

Woolly Mammoth

Never believe everything you read, otherwise you would never ever get a decent nights bo peep.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Surlyc

We need to sit down with him and explain that we can only let him go for £100m at this point, but offer him a new contract with a chunky pay rise and an £80m release clause from next summer. I don't think he'd hand in a transfer request this summer if we show we respect him.

If Tony sells Palhinha on the cheap (or heaven forbid considers the loan I've seen suggested since Bayern don't have much money left this summer), the damage to the fanbase would far exceed just the inevitable relegation scrap.

Thames Bank 1

He signed a deal for 5 years, though nowadays does not mean much, unless he goes on strike, we don't have to sell

Thames Bank 1

Can you get a refund on season tickets ?

btffc

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on August 30, 2023, 09:46:35 PMHe signed a deal for 5 years, though nowadays does not mean much, unless he goes on strike, we don't have to sell

He gonna go on strike for 2 days? That's hardly going to accomplish anything if we say we won't sell and he won't want to risk his spot in the Euros by dragging it out even more.

KJS

German media are the only ones hyping this up

copthornemike

The only surprise is that Bayern are not interested in Leno as well.
Both two proven and genuinely world class talents.
But being interested is one thing, actually progressing a deal is another.
Even looking at a loan possibility suggests Bayern are not really, really serious on this one at such a late stage.

hovewhite

Tell them to do one unless offering 120million plus if not Do one Munich.

hopper

Quote from: KJS on August 30, 2023, 09:59:37 PMGerman media are the only ones hyping this up

Peter Rutzler has reported it too.

My god its been a testing window. After projection of having money to spend before sales was expecting a statement window sbkwing we didn't want to stagnate. This late scattergun strategy, losing Mitro and now potentially Joao would be tough to bear.

Sgt Fulham

As much as I hate this, at least I could respect it. He would be going to one of the best teams in the world rather than just chasing blood money.