watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So we have a problem

Started by os5889, January 18, 2011, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Fulham being Fulham we have a 25 man squad now as follows, I fear a sell to buy policy is in effect but noone wants Greening, Riise, Elm, E Johnson or Kamara. Bearing in mind Senderos will be back in February and is over the magic 21 and we only have 2 keepers in the squad. Do you think we could be up sh1t creek without a paddle if the bold boys above are refusing to budge and are waiting for their contracts to end, there is no interest in them or is Hughes is happy with what he's got????

Schwarzer
Stockdale

Paintsil
Baird
Salcido
Kelly

Hangeland
Hughes
Halliche

Davies
Gera
Dempsey
Riise
Duff

Murphy
Etuhu
Sidwell
Dikgacio
Greening

Zamora
Kamara
Elm
A Johnson
Uselesser Johnson
Dembele

os5889

Players U21 dont have to be registered in the 21 man squad so Chamberlain if for some crazy reason its true would be an extra for 5 whole years!

NorthernWhite

There were mumrours about Mowbray wanting Greening at Boro and that Elm was off to Swden imminently.

I could see Kamara going on loan and Riise going if we get an offer. EJ? Maybe Greece?

At least it's good to see we're trimming the wage bill. Hopefully to pay for a new striker?

os5889

The Elm and Riise rumours I hope are true, I'd actually quite like Kamara to stay as I think he's selfish and that provides something noone else in our squad can.

I'm worried that I've heard nothing regarding EJ sodding off especially with only 6 months (I think) left on his contract.

Greening is better than Dikgacoi, I am confused why we are extending his contact over just keeping Greening.

Bilet

Elm is off. Thats for sure. I guess the club is awaiting good enough offers for Riise. We payed around 2m for him, and I guess we want some of them back. He is a international regular for Norway and we should be available to get at least 1m for him.

Airfix

Whilst not necessarily ideal (paying players to play in the stiffs only), none of those names HAVE to be names in the 25.  It's just that, if they are not on the list, they can't play in the Premiership.  Unless any of them have written into their contracts that they MUST be named, everyone is droppable, surely?

jarv

Riise is an international regular! :029:  What does that say about international football?

os5889

I just dont see how having deadweights on 10-20k a week on an 8 month holiday is gonna be a MAF favourite...

Hughes is going to include Senderos now isnt he?

Bilet

Quote from: jarv on January 18, 2011, 10:23:43 PM
Riise is an international regular! :029:  What does that say about international football?

Add that he is a regular in a team ranked 12th in the world: http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

mccscratch

Quote from: os5889 on January 18, 2011, 10:00:15 PM

Schwarzer
Stockdale

Paintsil
Baird
Salcido
Kelly

Hangeland
Hughes
Halliche

Davies
Gera
Dempsey
Riise
Duff

Murphy
Etuhu
Sidwell
Dikgacio
Greening

Zamora
Kamara
Elm
A Johnson
Uselesser Johnson
Dembele

I you are gonna take the time to slag one player on the entire list...perhaps you should slag them all....???

Mark "I want it up the Arse bad" Schwarzer
David "should I come out?" Stockdale

John "I spend more times running laps of honor than back to mark the back post" Paintsil
Chris "whats my position this year?" Baird
Carlos "Chris Baird starts ahead of me now?" Salcido
Stephen "am I even in the squad anymore?" Kelly

Brede "baby giraffe on ice" Hangeland
Aaron "own goal king" Hughes
Rafiq "Penalty conceding debut" Halliche

Simon "I am Welsh so I will always feature over Gera" Davies
Zoltan "Only good in Europe" Gera
Clint "Louganis" Dempsey

Bjorn Helge "not nearly as good as my brother" Riise
Damien "Duff-up more one on ones than anyone"

Danny Murphy's law that my free kick will be too short or too long....
Dickson "sideways pass, turnover, hack tackle, foul" Etuhu
Steve "Sidwell on the Villa bench"
Kagisho "red card debut, bless you!!" Dikgacio
Jonathan "never been our savior" Greening

Bobby "busted ass leg causing all the uncertainty" Zamora
Diomansy "My agents says I should leave every window" Kamara
David "slow as an" Elm
Andy "1 goal per million pounds" Johnson
Eddie "Uselesser" Johnson
Moussa "More fragile than a Dem-ballet dancer"
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

BarryP

Quote from: mccscratch on January 19, 2011, 04:28:24 AM
Quote from: os5889 on January 18, 2011, 10:00:15 PM

Schwarzer
Stockdale

Paintsil
Baird
Salcido
Kelly

Hangeland
Hughes
Halliche

Davies
Gera
Dempsey
Riise
Duff

Murphy
Etuhu
Sidwell
Dikgacio
Greening

Zamora
Kamara
Elm
A Johnson
Uselesser Johnson
Dembele

I you are gonna take the time to slag one player on the entire list...perhaps you should slag them all....???

Mark "I want it up the Arse bad" Schwarzer
David "should I come out?" Stockdale

John "I spend more times running laps of honor than back to mark the back post" Paintsil
Chris "whats my position this year?" Baird
Carlos "Chris Baird starts ahead of me now?" Salcido
Stephen "am I even in the squad anymore?" Kelly

Brede "baby giraffe on ice" Hangeland
Aaron "own goal king" Hughes
Rafiq "Penalty conceding debut" Halliche

Simon "I am Welsh so I will always feature over Gera" Davies
Zoltan "Only good in Europe" Gera
Clint "Louganis" Dempsey

Bjorn Helge "not nearly as good as my brother" Riise
Damien "Duff-up more one on ones than anyone"

Danny Murphy's law that my free kick will be too short or too long....
Dickson "sideways pass, turnover, hack tackle, foul" Etuhu
Steve "Sidwell on the Villa bench"
Kagisho "red card debut, bless you!!" Dikgacio
Jonathan "never been our savior" Greening

Bobby "busted ass leg causing all the uncertainty" Zamora
Diomansy "My agents says I should leave every window" Kamara
David "slow as an" Elm
Andy "1 goal per million pounds" Johnson
Eddie "Uselesser" Johnson
Moussa "More fragile than a Dem-ballet dancer"

:011:
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Bilet on January 18, 2011, 10:28:15 PM
Riise is an international regular! :029:  What does that say about international football?

Add that he is a regular in a team ranked 12th in the world: http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

No offense Bilet, but the FIFA ranking is as reliable as Blatter is corrupt, so that's not saying much   :wink:

But I do think BH Riise is a far better player than we think, we just seem to fail with players who are not ready for the Premiership when they arrive.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Bilet

Quote from: Nick the Swede on January 19, 2011, 08:30:07 AM

No offense Bilet, but the FIFA ranking is as reliable as Blatter is corrupt, so that's not saying much   :wink:

But I do think BH Riise is a far better player than we think, we just seem to fail with players who are not ready for the Premiership when they arrive.

...ey! Of course this comes from team nr. 33...always jealous of the Norwegians...!

Tom

Quote from: Bilet on January 18, 2011, 10:28:15 PM
Riise is an international regular! :029:  What does that say about international football?

Sorry but that is a complete joke! No way does Norway beat the United States. Donovan and Dempsey, the double D's would run circles around Riise!
Fulham for life!

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Bilet on January 19, 2011, 08:33:50 AM

...ey! Of course this comes from team nr. 33...always jealous of the Norwegians...!

Well, not so sure about that! We do love our little brother Norway, but when it comes to football the story look like this:

Norway-Sweden:
Meetings: 104  
Norwegian wins: 24  
Draws: 22  
Swedish wins: 58

Goal diff: Norway 141-268 Sweden

:hook:
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Tom

Quote from: Nick the Swede on January 19, 2011, 09:22:06 AM
Quote from: Bilet on January 19, 2011, 08:33:50 AM

Well, not so sure about that! We do love our little brother Norway, but when it comes to football the story look like this:

Norway-Sweden:
Meetings: 104  
Norwegian wins: 24  
Draws: 22  
Swedish wins: 58

Goal diff: Norway 141-268 Sweden

:hook:
Sweden would kick Norway's ass!  :dead horse:  Norway isn't even one of the top 12 teams in Europe.
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Think you're worrying about nothing - we can draw up the list of 25 again after the window's shut, with who we like. If, with any luck, we've bought footballers to replace the donkeys in bold, then the donkeys will have to sit and watch for the 2nd half of the season but can play in the FA Cup.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town