https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The big question

Started by perry geyton, September 01, 2023, 07:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Joao must be gutted after failing to sign his dream move to Bayern
SO
Does he come back and give it a 100% or does he lose interest slightly ?!?

btffc

Quote from: perry geyton on September 01, 2023, 07:38:27 PMJoao must be gutted after failing to sign his dream move to Bayern
SO
Does he come back and give it a 100% or does he lose interest slightly ?!?

If he still wants a big move then he needs to give 100% or the big clubs will back off next window if he performs poorly. Also, he will want to be in the Portugal squad for Euros next Summer so he needs to be in good form to guarantee that.

He doesn't have much choice.

SP

No idea but I suspect we've seen the last of the badge slapping.

Luka

I think he comes back and gives it 100%
He just doesn't seem like a person who sulks.

Plus he did nothing to make us fans think anything less of him
So no "awkward" next appearance.

Milo

He will just keep going, January transfer window isn't far off.

hovewhite

Think we should even make him  feel like one of us even more in our support I know I will be.

The Rock

I don't think it's a big deal. Good offer for him came in last minute and it sounds like we did what we could for him given the circumstances and granted him his wish as long as we could find a replacement and that simply didn't happen.

He comes back and perhaps see what Jan brings. It's not like he went on protest like Mitro. Hope he plays tomorrow and sure he's on good terms with MS.

No way to know 100% but doesn't seem like a big falling out, just the way the cookie crumbles.

Sgt Fulham

He knows he'll likely be off in January so I'm sure he'll remain hungry

bobbo

Quote from: Luka on September 01, 2023, 07:52:07 PMI think he comes back and gives it 100%

I think the same . He will surely understand Fulham have not deliberately baulked the transaction , we needed a replacement and Fulham would never have started proceedings if they weren't willing. I'm hoping he'll give it his all as usual . But we can be fairly sure to lose him come January .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Willham

If some of the reports ate to be believed, the possible falling out with boa etc. Then these lovely comments on how he will be the same player coming back from Germany may seem misguided.

The twitter fiasco is my worry, if that's come from something more behind the scenes then that's a worry, I guess we'll never know but I really hope he's still the same player.

bill taylors apprentice

Bayerns fault for leaving it to the last moment.
Of course there may have been some discussions earlier in the window but they failed to realise we wouldn't just roll over and be grateful.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Luka on September 01, 2023, 07:52:07 PMI think he comes back and gives it 100%

Completely agree. He seems a genuine professional. He'll come back, play his heart out, both because it's his job, his personality, AND because it's in his interest for future moves and the Portuguese national team to do so. I mean the club let him go to Bayern for a medical FFS. We weren't (on the surface at least) telling him No, we just said you're incredible and too valuable for us, we need the right price and a replacement. Anyone logical would understand that.

For all we know, he's got a Christmas deal lined up to leave if he continues to perform well, and everyone's happy, and we get a good price and time to look for a replacement.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

He hasn't got a lot to be miserable about for the next few months, a good wage and life style in London with a possible well considered move of his choice in January.

SP

Quote from: filham on September 01, 2023, 09:55:15 PMHe hasn't got a lot to be miserable about for the next few months, a good wage and life style in London with a possible well considered move of his choice in January.

And warmer here than in Munich!

perry geyton

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 01, 2023, 09:24:39 PM

Completely agree. He seems a genuine professional. He'll come back, play his heart out, both because it's his job, his personality, AND because it's in his interest for future moves and the Portuguese national team to do so. I mean the club let him go to Bayern for a medical FFS. We weren't (on the surface at least) telling him No, we just said you're incredible and too valuable for us, we need the right price and a replacement. Anyone logical would understand that.

For all we know, he's got a Christmas deal lined up to leave if he continues to perform well, and everyone's happy, and we get a good price and time to look for a replacement.

Bang on

ianthailand

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 01, 2023, 09:20:37 PMBayerns fault for leaving it to the last moment.
Of course there may have been some discussions earlier in the window but they failed to realise we wouldn't just roll over and be grateful.
If BM really wanted him they would, in view of the time constraints, offered the full amount on Thursday, they have only themselves to blame. So much for German efficiency - Vorsprung Durch Technik failed.
By the way the price is now 90 Million Pounds as it should have been in the summer window.