more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 02/09/23...

Started by WhiteJC, September 02, 2023, 12:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Arsenal sell-on clause claim emerges as Everton ace Alex Iwobi to join Fulham
Arsenal are not set to benefit from the sale of Everton attacker Alex Iwobi to Fulham, according to Football London.

The English media outlet reported on 1 September (19:37) that he will be moving to Craven Cottage for a £22milion fee on deadline day.

He was signed for £35million by Everton back in 2019 and has since become a key player for them.

Good deal?
At the time, £35million seemed to be quite a lot of money for a player who was struggling and was inconsistent at Arsenal.

However, he quickly emerged as one of the hardest-working players not just at Finch Farm but even on the field of play.

His output may not have been at the levels expected but he certainly did a very good job for the club.

Getting £22million for him is not bad business but not signing a replacement and allowing him to leave this late in the day is bad business.

Sean Dyche will be gutted as he was starting to build a side that was getting the most out of Iwobi.
It does not even seem like they'll be getting any replacement through the door.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/09/01/arsenal-sell-on-clause-claim-emerges-as-everton-ace-alex-iwobi-to-join-fulham/

WhiteJC

Mohamed Al-Fayed cause of death revealed by family in heartbreaking statement

Mohamed Al Fayed, the former owner of Harrods and owner of Fulham FC between 1997 and 2013, "passed away peacefully of old age" on Wednesday, said his family

Mohamed Al Fayed's family has paid tribute to the "beloved" Egyptian billionaire and former Harrods owner after his death at the age of 94.

In a statement released by Fulham FC, his family said: "Mrs Mohamed Al Fayed, her children and grandchildren wish to confirm that her beloved husband, their father and their grandfather, Mohamed, has passed away peacefully of old age on Wednesday August 30, 2023.

"He enjoyed a long and fulfilled retirement surrounded by his loved ones. The family have asked for their privacy to be respected at this time."

In the years after the death of his son Dodi Fayed, an Egyptian film producer, alongside Diana, Princess of Wales in a car crash in Paris in 1997, Mr Al Fayed repeatedly claimed they were murdered in a plot by the British establishment.

The billionaire's relationship with the royal family was recently depicted in season five of The Crown, where Mr Al Fayed, played by Salim Daw, was seen getting to know Diana. Mr Al Fayed had taken control of Harrods in 1985 and he had also purchased the Ritz hotel in Paris in 1979; and was known for being the owner of Fulham FC between 1997 and 2013.

The tycoon was the owner and chairman of Fulham between 1997 and 2013 when he sold it to current owner Shahid Khan. The football club said it was "incredibly saddened" by his death.

In a tweet, the west London club said: "Everyone at Fulham was incredibly saddened to learn of the death of our former owner and chairman, Mohamed Al Fayed. We owe Mohamed a debt of gratitude for what he did for our club, and our thoughts now are with his family and friends at this sombre time."

And in a tribute on the club's website, his successor Mr Khan said: "On behalf of everyone at Fulham Football Club, I send my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Mohamed Al Fayed upon the news of his passing at age 94.

"The story of Fulham cannot be told without a chapter on the positive impact of Mr Al Fayed as chairman. His legacy will be remembered for our promotion to the Premier League, a Europa League Final, and moments of magic by players and teams alike.

"I always enjoyed my time with Mr Al Fayed, who was wise, colourful and committed to Fulham, and I am forever grateful for his trust in me to succeed him as chairman in 2013. I join our supporters around the world in celebrating the memory of Mohamed Al Fayed, whose legacy will always be at the heart of our tradition at Fulham Football Club."

Self-made billionaire was son of a school inspector

Mohamed Al Fayed was born in the Egyptian city of Alexandria on the Mediterranean, the son of a school inspector. He came to London in the 1960s and set about building a business empire. Once there, the flamboyant and extrovert character was rarely out of the newspapers.

In the 1980s, he hit the headlines as he battled for control of the House of Fraser group, including its flagship store Harrods, with rival tycoon "Tiny" Rowland. Al Fayed and his brother bought a 30% stake in House Of Fraser from Mr Rowland in 1984, and took control of Harrods for £615 million the following year.

Mr Rowland's London and Rhodesian Mining Company (Lonrho) had attempted to buy Harrods but was beaten to it by the Egyptian family. Mr Rowland later accused Al Fayed of breaking into his safety deposit box at the department store.

The Egyptian was arrested in March 1998 along with Harrods security director John Macnamara and four other store staff, but was never charged. Al Fayed later expanded his business interests to include the Paris Ritz and Fulham Football Club.

Massive wealth and business deals

In the past few decades, Mr Al Fayed sold off several of his high-profile businesses. Back in 2010, he sold Harrods to Qatar for a staggering $2.4billion. While he said he would never part ways with his beloved department store, it was a row over dividends and pension funds which finally showed him it was time to say goodbye.

Speaking to the Evening Standard at the time, he said: "Of course it makes me sad ... you can go ask everyone, people don't want me to go. But first of all I can't take this. I am 77 years old, right. I have children, I have grandchildren, you know ... I have done it. And time for me now to rest. And enjoy."

Three years later, in 2013, he also said goodbye to Fulham Football Club, which he sold to billionaire Shahid Khan for $300m. However he remained the proud owner of the famous Ritz Paris Hotel, regarded by many as the most beautiful in the world. In 2016 it underwent a massive refurbishment.

Earlier this year, his wealth was estimated at $2billion (roughly £1.58million), ranking at number 1,493 globally. And in May last year, Forbes listed his wealth at $1.9billion - which is about £1.6billion.

Bond with Princess Diana

While it's unknown where they first met, Princess Diana and Al Fayed's circles would have crossed regularly as he sponsored many of the charities she was involved with. Their unlikely friendship features heavily in season five of The Crown, showing Mr Al Fayed, played by Salim Daw, growing closer to the royals.

In the summer of 1997, the year after Charles and Diana were finally able to officially divorce following their five year separation, Al Fayed invited Diana and her two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, to join his family on his yacht in the south of France.

The 208ft superyacht was the perfect setting for family time, with photos from the time showing the loving mum playing with her sons on the deck . The boat, which has now changed hands, has nine staterooms and can hold 18 people as well as a crew of 26. Dripping in luxury, it boasted a jacuzzi, office, formal dining room and a swim platform.

And it was during this trip that Diana grew close to Al Fayed's oldest son, 42-year-old film producer Dodi. Pictures of the couple cuddling and kissing on the top deck went around the world, while Diana was photographed sunbathing, jumping into a speedboat and sitting on the stern in a contemplative mood.

They were among the last pictures of the Princess, who told her friend Rosa Monckton in a phone call from the yacht that her time there was "bliss".

Fallout with the royals

Al Fayed spent a decade after the lovers' 1997 deaths in Paris's Alma tunnel repeatedly claiming that they were murdered in a plot by the security services and the Duke of Edinburgh. But he was forced to reluctantly concede defeat after a high-profile six-month inquest in 2007 and 2008.

The jury returned unlawful killing verdicts on both Diana and Dodi, but pinned the blame on the drink-driving of their chauffeur Henri Paul, who also died in the crash. Paul was employed by the Paris Ritz, from where their journey had started on August 31, a hotel owned by Mr Al Fayed.

At the end of the inquest, coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker openly voiced suggestions of "closing ranks" at the hotel over the question of whether they knew Paul was drinking on the night of the smash.

The jury had heard allegations, strenuously denied, that key witnesses were pressurised to back Mr Al Fayed's theories and that there was a "conspiracy to pervert the truth" within the Fayed organisation. Al Fayed later announced he would accept the verdict of the inquest jury, albeit "with reservations".

Grieving son's death

Speaking on the 20th anniversary of the crash, a friend told The Sun that Dodi's apartment remains the same as it did at the time of his death.

They told the newspaper: "He often spends hours on end sitting with Dodi. After 20 years he still misses him terribly. And when he is in London he will take time out to visit Dodi's apartment. Not one thing inside has changed since Dodi died. He will not allow anyone to move anything.

"The apartment is cleaned but it is still exactly the same as when Dodi and Diana used to spend time there.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-familys-tribute-beloved-mohamed-30845547

WhiteJC

Fulham pay tribute to Mohamed Al Fayed

Shahid Khan says Cottagers' former owner and chairman leaves a 'great legacy and moments of magic'

Fulham have paid tribute to former owner and chairman Mohamed Al Fayed, who has died at the age of 94.

Al Fayed took over the club in 1997 when it was in the third tier of English football and steered Fulham back to the Premier League within four years.

They stayed in the division for 13 years, and got as far as the UEFA Europa League final, before Al Fayed sold the club to the current owner, Shahid Khan. Khan paid tribute to his predecessor.

"On behalf of everyone at Fulham Football Club, I send my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Mohamed Al Fayed upon the news of his passing at age 94," Khan said. "The story of Fulham cannot be told without a chapter on the positive impact of Mr Al Fayed as Chairman.

"His legacy will be remembered for our promotion to the Premier League, a Europa League Final, and moments of magic by players and teams alike. I always enjoyed my time with Mr Al Fayed, who was wise, colourful and committed to Fulham, and I am forever grateful for his trust in me to succeed him as Chairman in 2013.

"I join our supporters around the world in celebrating the memory of Mohamed Al Fayed, whose legacy will always be at the heart of our tradition at Fulham Football Club."

Everyone at the Premier League sends their condolences to Fulham and to Al Fayed's family and friends during this difficult time.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3664822

WhiteJC

Godo heads to Wigan on loan
Young Fulham winger Martial Godo has joined League One Wigan Athletic on loan for the rest of the season.

The former Margate wide man has been in sensational form for Fulham's under-21 side this season, scoring six goals in four games – including in the 3-3 draw against Portsmouth in the Football League Trophy earlier this month. The 20 year-old told the Latics' official website tonight:

"I'm very overwhelmed and excited to get started. It's something that has happened last minute, but I'm just ready to get going. I'm prepared to work hard and help the team as much as I can. Wigan has a beautiful stadium, and the calibre of the club (made me want to join). It's a historical club, and I put my trust in the Gaffer here to help me keep growing as a young player and a professional on and off the pitch."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/godo-heads-to-wigan-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Tosin will stay with Fulham
Tosin Adarabioyo will remain with Fulham after his proposed move to AS Monaco fell through this evening.

The 25 year-old ball-playing centre back had made clear his preference to join the Ligue 1 side over Tottenham Hotspur having refused to sign a new contract at Craven Cottage. But Monaco and Fulham were some way apart in their valuation of the former Manchester City defender and he is expected to remain with the Whites for the rest of the season.

The tall defender has made just a single first-team appearance this season – the briefest of cameos in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Arsenal at the Emirates.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/tosin-will-stay-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

'Deal Sheet Is In': Sky Sports Reveal Huge Update From Everton as Negotiations Now Given 1 AM Deadline

Fulham have moved into over-time in their attempts to make one last signing to improve Marco Silva's squad after a dramatic deadline day.

Fulham Submit Deal Sheet For Alex Iwobi Signing from Everton
Can the Deal Even Be Done?
Sky Sports have confirmed that Fulham and Everton have ensured that a "deal sheet is put in" with the Premier League officials to extend the window for them to get the Alex Iwobi transfer over the line. A deal sheet is an agreement letter put in by two clubs when they want some extra time to confirm the final details of a transfer.

Instead of the 11 PM BST deadline, the two Premier League clubs have until 1 AM BST (September 2) to get this transfer over the line. Sky Sports claims that this deal "should be confirmed" after the deal sheet was submitted.

The London club are reported to be paying a fee that could reach £22 million for the signing of the ex-Arsenal midfielder, who Everton are ready to let go. However, they need to work hard to exchange all the necessary official documents with the Toffees and agree to all the official contracts before the 1 AM BST deadline in order to officially complete this transaction.

Fulham Involved in Frantic Deadline Day
The Cottagers were involved in a lot of drama on deadline day, as they were ready to sell Joao Palhinha to Bayern Munich before that deal shockingly fell through at the very last moment.

With Palhinha now set to stay, Fulham look to improve their attacking force with the addition of an experienced winger like Iwobi. The 27-year-old made 140 appearances for Everton, scoring nine goals and providing 16 assists in all competitions.

https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2023/09/01/fulham-everton-alex-iwobi-deal-sheet/

WhiteJC

Milan loan Origi to Nottingham Forest and Ballo-Toure to Fulham
Milan managed to sneak two exits under the Premier League transfer deadline, sending Fode Ballo-Toure on loan to Fulham and Divock Origi to Nottingham Forest.

The Serie A market closed at 19.00 UK time (18.00 GMT), but they could continue to sell or loan out players.

Even then, they left it extremely late, because it took several hours after the deadline in England at 23.00 UK time (22.00 GMT) for them to be made official.

Under the English rules, if clubs submit the paperwork in time, the details can be filled in later and transfers completed anyway.

It was only past midnight that it emerged Milan had sent full-back Ballo-Toure to Fulham on a one-season loan.

He had been in talks with Fulham last week, as well as Werder Bremen and Bologna, but struggled to agree personal terms.

Meanwhile, after undergoing his medical in the afternoon, Origi got his move to Nottingham Forest right down to the wire and it was only confirmed at 00.40 UK time.

This is reportedly a loan with Nottingham Forest paying his full salary, plus an option to make it permanent for €5m.

https://football-italia.net/milan-loan-origi-to-nottingham-forest-and-ballo-toure-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham submit deal sheet for Iwobi
Fulham have an extra hour to conclude a deal to sign Everton's Alex Iwobi after submitting a deal sheet to the Premier League.

Iwobi, who was brought to Goodison Park by Marco Silva when he was Everton boss in 2019, has been at Motspur Park for most of transfer deadline day after Fulham and his current employers reached a deal for a permanent transfer this morning. The Nigerian international, who has less than a year left on his contract on Merseyside, is keen to reignite his career by returning to London to work under his former manager.

The 27 year-old Nigerian international came through the ranks at Arsenal, making 149 first-team appearances for the Gunners before signing for the Toffees in a deal rumoured to be worth £28m. Iwobi, an ever-present as Everton stayed up on the final day of last season, has been troubled by injury this term but started the opening day defeat at the hands of Fulham at Goodison Park. His versatility is viewed as a positive by Silva, who has been desperate to strengthen his squad throughout the summer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/fulham-submit-deal-sheet-for-iwobi/

WhiteJC

Iwobi Joins Fulham

The Club is delighted to announce the signing of Alex Iwobi from Everton for an undisclosed fee.

Iwobi has agreed a contract until the summer of 2028.

Speaking to FFCtv, the 27-year-old said: "I'm buzzing, I just can't wait to get started, I'm excited to start my journey here.

"Marco Silva spoke to me about the ambitions of the Club, and I'm on board. Hopefully I can bring something to the Club."

Tony Khan added: "I'm happy to welcome Alex Iwobi to Fulham! He's an exciting and versatile player whom we've admired for some time.

"He has experience in the Premier League and in international competition with Nigeria. We're excited that Alex has joined us on a long term contract, and we believe that he'll make a valuable contribution to Marco's squad!

"Come on Fulham!"

Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Iwobi moved to England at a young age, and was picked up by Arsenal as a six-year-old.

After moving up through the age groups, Iwobi was handed a first team debut in the League Cup by Arsene Wenger at the beginning of the 2015/16 season, with a Premier League bow following four days later in a 3-0 win at Swansea City.

The teenage Iwobi remained in the senior setup from thereon in, making 21 appearances across all competitions – including in the Champions League – and registering four goal involvements (2G, 2A) in his first three Premier League starts, as the Gunners finished as runners-up.

The next year was another productive one for player and club as they won the FA Cup, while in 2017/18 they reached the League Cup Final and Europa League Semi-Finals.

Arsenal went one better the following season by making it all the way to the Europa League Final. Iwobi was on target in the showpiece event in Baku, but they ended up falling to defeat by London rivals Chelsea.

That was Iwobi's final appearance for the club, departing with a record of 15 goals and 25 assists in 149 appearances.

While in North London, Iwobi had built a reputation as an exciting, technically gifted player who can perform in a variety of attacking midfield roles, with his performances prompting Marco Silva to bring him to Everton in a deal worth £35m.

During a difficult few years for the Toffees, Iwobi's displays were one of the positives, particularly last season when his 10 goal involvements helped the club avoid relegation, and also saw him named Players' Player of the Season.

The nephew of Nigeria icon Jay-Jay Okocha, Iwobi made his debut for the Super Eagles in 2015, and featured in all three of their matches at the 2018 World Cup.

He now has 63 caps for his national side, and has scored 10 goals in that time.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/september/02/iwobi-joins-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham back in for Ballo-Toure
Fulham believe they have completed a deal to take AC Milan full back Fode Ballo-Toure on loan, according to various reports this evening.

The Whites have resurrected their interest in the Senegalese international late on transfer deadline day and submitted a deal sheet to the Premier League just after the 11pm deadline – giving them an extra hour to complete the necessary paperwork. Ballo-Toure was a target for the Londoners earlier in the summer but appeared to turn down a permanent move to Craven Cottage – only for the Evening Standard to suggest that a loan move to Marco Silva's side seems imminent.

Fulham have been seeking cover for Antonee Robinson throughout the summer – and Italian outlets also claimed that sources have told him that both the Premier League outfit and AC Milan are expecting the season-long loan will be ratified by the Premier League. The 26 year-old had been expected to join Bundesliga side Werder Bremen but that deal was not concluded by the same 5pm deadline that scuppered Bayern Muncih's move for Joao Palhinha.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/fulham-back-in-for-ballo-toure/

WhiteJC

Fulham finally complete Iwobi deal
Fulham have this morning confirmed the signing of Nigerian international Alex Iwobi from Everton.

The 27 year-old has signed a five-year contract at Craven Cottage and will be reunited with Marco Silva, who took him to Merseyside from Arsenal in 2019. The fee could rise to a total of £22m, according to reports this morning.

Iwobi told Fulham's official website:

"I'm buzzing, I just can't wait to get started, I'm excited to start my journey here. Marco Silva spoke to me about the ambitions of the club, and I'm on board. Hopefully I can bring something to the club."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/fulham-finally-complete-iwobi-deal/

WhiteJC

Iwobi Completes Fulham Transfer
Alex Iwobi has completed a permanent move to Fulham for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old Nigerian scored nine goals in 140 appearances for Everton, having signed from Arsenal in the summer of 2019.

Iwobi will link up with former Blues manager Marco Silva at Craven Cottage.

Everton thanks Alex for his service to the Club and wishes him all the best for the future.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3664894/iwobi-completes-fulham-transfer

WhiteJC

Fulham transfer news: Cottagers sign Alex Iwobi late on transfer deadline day

Alex Iwobi played in Everton's 1-0 defeat by Fulham in August

Fulham have completed the signing of Everton midfielder Alex Iwobi in a deal which could reach £22m.

The 27-year-old Nigeria midfielder joined Everton from Arsenal in the summer of 2019 and made 123 league appearances for the Toffees, scoring six times.

He has signed a five-year deal with Fulham as he links back up with his old Everton boss Marco Silva.

Iwobi said: "I'm buzzing, I just can't wait to get started."

The move went through despite Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha's move to Bayern Munich collapsing earlier in the day.

Meanwhile, Fulham also completed a loan deal for 26-year-old AC Milan and Senegal left-back Fode Ballo-Toure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66690044

WhiteJC

Kongolo joins Rapid Vienna on loan
Fulham defender Terence Kongolo has joined Rapid Vienna on loan for the remainder of the 2023/24 campaign.

The Dutch international, who has managed just four appearances in as many years at Craven Cottage, could make his debut against Austrian Bundesliga league leaders Red Bull Salzburg on Sunday.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/kongolo-joins-rapid-vienna-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Ballo-Touré Arrives On Loan

The Club is delighted to confirm the arrival of Fodé Ballo-Touré from AC Milan.

A 26-year-old left-back, Ballo-Touré has signed on loan for the remainder of the 2023/24 season.

Tony Khan said of the signing: "We also welcome Fodé Ballo-Touré this evening, joining the Club on loan from AC Milan.

"He's a talented left-back with great experience, and his arrival will strengthen the depth of the squad.

"We're pleased that Fodé has joined Marco's squad and is ready to compete for us in the Premier League.

"Come on Fulham!"

Ballo-Touré came through the youth system at Paris-Saint Germain, but made his senior breakthrough after moving to Lille.

His performances in the first half of the 2018/19 season would go on to help Lille to a runners-up spot in Ligue 1, but also paved the way for an €11m move to Monaco in the January.

After two-and-a-half years, and 74 appearances which yielded eight assists, Ballo-Touré sampled a new league with Milan in Serie A.

Within his first year he had a league title to his name, following that up with a run to the Champions League Semi-Finals last season.

Born in France, Ballo-Touré qualifies for Senegal through his mother, making his international debut in 2021, before helping them to win the Africa Cup of Nations for the first time in their history the following year.

He now has 15 Senegal caps to his name.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/september/02/ballo-toure-arrives-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Fulham loan Ballo-Touré
Fulham have signed AC Milan left-back Fodé Ballo-Touré on a season-long loan deal.

The Senegalese international arrives at Craven Cottage to compete with American international Antonee Robinson for a spot in Marco Silva's starting eleven. The 26 year-old came through the famed Paris Saint-Germain youth academy, but emerged in Ligue 1 after joining Lille.

Ballo-Toure starred as Lille finished second in Ligue 1 in 2019 with the attacking full-back's displays earning him a move to Monaco for a reported £9.5m. After making 74 first-team appearances, Ballo-Touré move to Milan, where he won the Scudetto in his first season and followed that up with a run to the Champions' League semi-finals.

Ballo-Touré has won fifteen senior caps for Senegal, whom he helped win the African Cup of Nations title for the first time last year.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/09/fulham-loan-ballo-toure/

WhiteJC

Godo Joins Wigan On Loan

The Club can confirm that in-form Academy winger Martial Godo has joined Wigan Athletic on a season-long loan.

The 20-year-old has made an electric start to the Academy season, scoring six goals in four games across all competitions. He has already had a taste of playing at League One level, scoring in our dramatic EFL Trophy draw with Portsmouth not long ago.

He joins a side who already sit outside of the bottom four despite starting the campaign with an eight point deduction.

Everybody at Fulham wishes Martial the best of luck for the rest of the season.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/september/01/Godo-Joins-Wigan-On-Loan/

WhiteJC

Dibley-Dias Wins Johnny Haynes Award!

The Club is delighted to announce that Matt Dibley-Dias has been awarded the 2022/23 Johnny Haynes Trophy.

The trophy is awarded to the Fulham Supporters' Trust Academy Player of the Year and is voted on by Academy staff and players (U16-23s).

Matt is the fifth winner of the annual award with Tyrese Francois, Jay Stansfield, Fabio Carvalho and Sonny Hilton all previous winners.

Our 19-year-old Brazilian midfielder was excellent last season for our Under-21s and his consistent performances saw him catch the attention of Marco Silva, who included him on the First Team bench towards the end of last season.

He went on to feature, and impress, in all three of our PL Summer Series games against Brentford, Aston Villa and Chelsea.

After picking up the prestigious prize, Dibs told fulhamfc.com: "I'm really happy and honoured to pick up this award.

"The names of the players that have won it before me speaks for itself. You've got players like Fabio [Carvalho], Tyrese [Francois] and Jay [Stansfield] who we all look up to so being a part of that list is a great feeling.

"Looking back, it's been a long journey to get to this point with plenty of ups and downs of course, but I'm working hard and I'm currently at the best place I've been at for a long time so hopefully I can keep progressing."

On the previous winners, he added: "Those players have set the blueprint for everyone else to follow so if I can achieve what any of those boys have then great, but the path for each player is very different so we'll wait and see what happens."

Simon Duke of the Fulham Supporters' Trust added: "We are honoured and delighted to be able to support this award on an annual basis and it's a great honour for Matt because it's voted for by the people that work with him.

"The names on the trophy show how prestigious this award is and it will be really interesting to see how Matt develops at the club. Marco has shown a willingness to allow youngsters an opportunity. If they're good enough, they're old enough.

"We certainly saw that on the pre-season tour in America with how some of those players performed and it's further evidence of the excellent work our Academy does in developing young talent from an early age."

"This is a great achievement for Matt, and an acknowledgement of his excellent season last year," said Academy Director Sean Cullen.

"What makes this even more special is the resilience and determination he had to show, through a difficult period with injuries the year before. To then come back and play at the level he did last year, is testament to his character as much as his technical qualities."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/august/31/Dibley-Dias-Wins-Johnny-Haynes-Award/

WhiteJC

Kongolo Heads To Austria

The Club can confirm that Terence Kongolo has joined SK Rapid Wien on loan for the duration of the 2023/24 season.

The team currently sit fourth in the Austrian Bundesliga after five matches, and they next face league leaders Red Bull Salzburg on Sunday.

Everyone at Fulham would like to wish Terence all the best during his time in Vienna.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/september/01/kongolo-heads-to-austria/

WhiteJC

How Man City should line-up against Fulham in the Premier League

Manchester City take on Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday and Matheus Nunes could make his debut.

Manchester City are back in Premier League action on Saturday.

The Blues welcome Fulham to the Etihad Stadium as they look to maintain their 100 per cent start of the season before the Premier League goes on pause for the international break. City narrowly defeated Sheffield United with a late Rodri winner last week while the Cottagers secured a last-gasp draw against Arsenal with 10 men.

City have been boosted ahead of the match as Phil Foden and Manuel Akanji are fit to play. John Stones is returning to fitness but it's unlikely he will be risked ahead of the deadline. "Right now, Phil is completely recovered from his illness," Juanma Lillo said. "Manu's problem was more prevention. He's more or less there. John is more or less there as well. We're okay, we're fine. It's not decisive."

Jeremy Doku will be hoping to make his debut after being an unused substitute at Bramall Lane but it's not clear if new signing Matheus Nunes will be involved as he hadn't trained with his new teammates on Friday.

Simon Bajkowski
Phil Foden showed what a game-changer he can be even with illness so he surely deserves a start against Fulham to really show what he can do. Mateo Kovacic has slotted in seamlessly to the City midfield and can continue to grow his partnership with Rodri.

Manu Akanji was the other player missing from Fulham that is back, but as he works his way back to full sharpness there is no need to rush him back because the four defenders who played did a fine enough job (barring Walker's error). Walker is improving at the dual role covering the whole right flank and can have another go here.

Jack Grealish linked up with Erling Haaland and Julian Alvarez has performed very well in previous matches against Fulham. Jeremy Doku and Matheus Nunes will both be hoping for some minutes, although that can come from off the bench.

Joe Bray
The temptation is to throw Jeremy Doku or Matheus Nunes into the mix, but it seems like Nunes in particular would only be involved from the bench, if at all. Doku might be better coming off the bench for his first experience of the Etihad. With Foden and Akanji both available, they are the only players I can see coming back in from the start.

Akanji can play instead of Josko Gvardiol, shifting Nathan Ake over to left-back. Gvardiol hasn't started badly, but can be exploited at left-back and Ake is a safer option. I'd also consider keeping Julian Alvarez in the side after three quietly influential performances.

That means a straight choice between Bernardo and Phil Foden. It sounds like Foden was only on the bench at Sheffield United due to illness, so maybe he comes back in against Fulham. Bernardo has welcomed a new baby this week, so may be a logical option to drop out.

Daniel Murphy
Phil Foden was sublime in a central role against Newcastle but wasn't fit enough to start at Sheffield United after a bout of illness. But now he's back to full health he should come back into the fold, possibly in place of Julian Alvarez.

Otherwise, the team should remain unchanged, even with Manuel Akanji available again after he missed the trip to Bramall Lane.

It's not yet clear if Matheus Nunes will be involved after only arriving on deadline day but it would be good to see Jeremy Doku make his debut off the bench.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fulham-team-news-27635786