watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Striker

Started by Bassey the warrior, September 02, 2023, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

What striker's in our budget were available?

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2023, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 02, 2023, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2023, 06:04:22 PMhttps://x.com/nizaarkinsella/status/1698016761151381734

Fulham's no1 midfielder target was Man United's Scott McTominay but they couldn't get it done causing Joao Palhinha's move to Bayern Munich to collapse.

Marco Silva is impressed with Raul Jimenez and didn't push hard for a striker. Hudson-Odoi talks were advanced earlier in the month but Silva also reluctant.

How on earth do you know what Marco Silva did or didn't push for, are you a close friend of his?

How about you click the link?

I apologise for the sarcasm. I did look at the link to a twitter feed and then I clicked the link in the twitter feed to the Standard article. However I didn't find anything definitive about who or what Marco pushed for, just some third party speculation and reporting. Am I missing something?

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: milis on September 02, 2023, 05:29:17 PMI think we will be fine with Raul, Vinicius and Muniz. We just need to reorganize completely our attacking strategy and perhaps a formation. Everything looks as its still tuned to the style we used with Mitro.

Only time will tell ... keeping Muniz who couldn't get into Boro's team last year and allowing Stansfield to go out on loan + start scoring does bother me 🤔

Sammyffc

Quote from: Twig on September 03, 2023, 11:32:51 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2023, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 02, 2023, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2023, 06:04:22 PMhttps://x.com/nizaarkinsella/status/1698016761151381734

Fulham's no1 midfielder target was Man United's Scott McTominay but they couldn't get it done causing Joao Palhinha's move to Bayern Munich to collapse.

Marco Silva is impressed with Raul Jimenez and didn't push hard for a striker. Hudson-Odoi talks were advanced earlier in the month but Silva also reluctant.

How on earth do you know what Marco Silva did or didn't push for, are you a close friend of his?

How about you click the link?

I apologise for the sarcasm. I did look at the link to a twitter feed and then I clicked the link in the twitter feed to the Standard article. However I didn't find anything definitive about who or what Marco pushed for, just some third party speculation and reporting. Am I missing something?

You may be surprised but many pre/post games interviews are still does via audio for written publications. Not everything is video. This is one of the ways sporting orgs help spread out content.

I would assume this is exactly that.

alfie

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 03, 2023, 12:37:55 PM
Quote from: milis on September 02, 2023, 05:29:17 PMI think we will be fine with Raul, Vinicius and Muniz. We just need to reorganize completely our attacking strategy and perhaps a formation. Everything looks as its still tuned to the style we used with Mitro.

Only time will tell ... keeping Muniz who couldn't get into Boro's team last year and allowing Stansfield to go out on loan + start scoring does bother me 🤔
Well the consensus of opinions is that Stansfield isn't ready for the Premiership, for me the only way to get ready for the Premiership is to play in it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 02, 2023, 04:23:15 PMI was quite stressed with work this week so decided to forego the additional stress associated with the transfer window. I've genuinely only just checked who we brought in and I have to say I'm stunned we haven't brought in a striker. What on earth is going on? Did we go in for anyone yesterday?
I don't think the club could find better than they have,think it's a problem for all the clubs unless your man city's and even then it's a risk,lukaku I would have took a chance on because he's a big unit and knows the league.But that's only me. Just don't think Marco thought there was anyone better than what we have.

btffc

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 03, 2023, 12:37:55 PM

It's better long term for Stansfield to be playing regular and scoring in the Championship than it is for him to be getting an occasional 15 minutes in the Premier League at his age.