watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Striker

Started by Bassey the warrior, September 02, 2023, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

I was quite stressed with work this week so decided to forego the additional stress associated with the transfer window. I've genuinely only just checked who we brought in and I have to say I'm stunned we haven't brought in a striker. What on earth is going on? Did we go in for anyone yesterday?

First State

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 02, 2023, 04:23:15 PMI was quite stressed with work this week so decided to forego the additional stress associated with the transfer window. I've genuinely only just checked who we brought in and I have to say I'm stunned we haven't brought in a striker. What on earth is going on? Did we go in for anyone yesterday?

Lack of ambition and a clown for a DOF. It's incredibly disappointing and gives me little to no confidence in the direction of the club. Marco will be out the door end of season.

Roberty

Quote from: Fightin' Blue Hens on September 02, 2023, 04:38:13 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 02, 2023, 04:23:15 PMI was quite stressed with work this week so decided to forego the additional stress associated with the transfer window. I've genuinely only just checked who we brought in and I have to say I'm stunned we haven't brought in a striker. What on earth is going on? Did we go in for anyone yesterday?

Lack of ambition and a clown for a DOF. It's incredibly disappointing and gives me little to no confidence in the direction of the club. Marco will be out the door end of season.

lol - is there anything you like about FFC
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Nero

Could be worse could have spent a billion pound and not brought a striker or loaned in Maupey, 

Sammyffc

Quote from: Fightin' Blue Hens on September 02, 2023, 04:38:13 PM

Go then. plenty of other teams to go and support who you believe are better run, have a top DOF and give you confidence. nobody will care

milis

I think we will be fine with Raul, Vinicius and Muniz. We just need to reorganize completely our attacking strategy and perhaps a formation. Everything looks as its still tuned to the style we used with Mitro.

Lighthouse

Not sure it would have mattered against the best team on this form. I like Jimenez and his movement is getter better. Awful week for Fulham. But then this is no shock. What is sad is the game I loved is being taken away by either stupidity or corruption. That to me is sad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LC

Jiminez had a good game today, no doubt. Hopefully he can continue to get better. But we do need a striker no doubt

Deeping_white

https://x.com/nizaarkinsella/status/1698016761151381734

Fulham's no1 midfielder target was Man United's Scott McTominay but they couldn't get it done causing Joao Palhinha's move to Bayern Munich to collapse.

Marco Silva is impressed with Raul Jimenez and didn't push hard for a striker. Hudson-Odoi talks were advanced earlier in the month but Silva also reluctant.

Sammyffc

Silva didnt push for a striker or CHO ? how dare he . TONY OUT

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2023, 06:04:22 PMhttps://x.com/nizaarkinsella/status/1698016761151381734

Fulham's no1 midfielder target was Man United's Scott McTominay but they couldn't get it done causing Joao Palhinha's move to Bayern Munich to collapse.

Marco Silva is impressed with Raul Jimenez and didn't push hard for a striker. Hudson-Odoi talks were advanced earlier in the month but Silva also reluctant.

How on earth do you know what Marco Silva did or didn't push for, are you a close friend of his?

Sammyffc

Quote from: Twig on September 02, 2023, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 02, 2023, 06:04:22 PMhttps://x.com/nizaarkinsella/status/1698016761151381734

How on earth do you know what Marco Silva did or didn't push for, are you a close friend of his?

Its a post match interview......

filham

Top premier league strikers don't grow on trees.
How would we all have felt if we had spent millions on another Marlet.
Afraid we have to wait for the next Saha or McBride, meanwhile do the best we can with Vinnie and Jiminez.

Sting of the North

Maybe you should ask the person he quoted? You can find him through the link included.

copthornemike

Edin Dzeko knows where the net is and is a free agent apparently!

Deeping_white

How about you click the link?

SerbianLad

Quote from: copthornemike on September 02, 2023, 08:29:37 PMEdin Dzeko knows where the net is and is a free agent apparently!
He isn't. He's at Fenerbahce.

Chi_FFC

Interesting. Hints at something I've come to wonder about over the course of the summer, whether the "deliberate" pace of our transfer activity this summer wasn't all down to Tony/Ali Mac. I could be completely wrong but I get the sense that Marco is pretty damn picky...or at least pickier than other managers at clubs situated similarly to Fulham.

Al-Fayed

People talk about the lack of ambition of the club as though there was limitless money and no FFP. The reality is that there's a ceiling on how high we can go and that's Brighton. However, they are a selling club and that's how they balance the books. Finishing 10th in the PL was a superb performance and close to our ceiling with avoiding relegation the first objective every year. If you don't like the realities of supporting a club of modest means then you may temperamentally be more suited by supporting Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, City, Spurs, Newcastle or Liverpool. My only slight gripe would be that we don't currently identify relatively cheap players from around the world who have real potential. More Palhinha's please.

MickTheBeard

yes we all no a striker was wanted but the money was'nt their without selling ,and expecting our def spending a month sorting out the playing side out when he has to go to wrestling matches and sweep and hover up the popcorn after a wrestling show.You wait when silva goes tony says to dad i want that job i can video the players from my flat and explain to them how to play,would'nt, put it past him he does think he's something special,i think he is but can,t put it into words.