watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jesse Lingard

Started by C Block, September 03, 2023, 12:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C Block

Is a free agent and available on a Free transfer,we should be all over this deal,
The answer to all our problems, No !
Better than Muniz, without a shadow of doubt !
Invite him down to Motspur Park for the next two weeks and let's have a good look at him, what harm can that do?

SerbianLad

He's not a striker. He's a number 10 or a winger. We are full at those positions at the moment.

Motspur Park

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 03, 2023, 12:23:50 PMHe's not a striker. He's a number 10 or a winger. We are full at those positions at the moment.
Agreed and not a player I would want here in any case.

Craven Mad

He basically tanked his own career by being greedy; went to forest for the cash, and couldn't have tried much less without being fired. Now no one wants him cos he's the wrong side of 30, hasn't been good for a few years, expects lots of money, and has a terrible attitude.

Clearly there's a player in there, but he's totally the wrong character for us right now.

I expect he'll try to convince a Saudi club to take him, which is about the right level for him at this point.

SP

ianthailand

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 03, 2023, 12:31:00 PMHe basically tanked his own career by being greedy; went to forest for the cash, and couldn't have tried much less without being fired. Now no one wants him cos he's the wrong side of 30, hasn't been good for a few years, expects lots of money, and has a terrible attitude.

Clearly there's a player in there, but he's totally the wrong character for us right now.

I expect he'll try to convince a Saudi club to take him, which is about the right level for him at this point.
Been training with the hammers and they didn't take up option.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 03, 2023, 12:23:50 PMHe's not a striker. He's a number 10 or a winger. We are full at those positions at the moment.
I'm not at all arguing for Lingard but interested that you think we're OK for No 10. How so? Injury prone TC who, for all his qualities, is not great when we need an aggressive pressing game and Andreas who works very hard but is not playing as well as he can. Who else?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jim©

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 03, 2023, 01:37:32 PM
I'm not at all arguing for Lingard but interested that you think we're OK for No 10. How so? Injury prone TC who, for all his qualities, is not great when we need an aggressive pressing game and Andreas who works very hard but is not playing as well as he can. Who else?
Iwobi, who's been great there for Everton.

SerbianLad

For starters Iwobi, who is either a winger or a number 10, probably an even better option as a 10 than as a winger. BDR and Lukic can also play there if really needed. Harris as well. I'm pretty sure Willian and Wilson would do a decent job there as well. People wanted Raul to play there. More than enough options.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 03, 2023, 01:41:54 PM
For starters Iwobi, who is either a winger or a number 10, probably an even better option as a 10 than as a winger. BDR and Lukic can also play there if really needed. Harris as well. I'm pretty sure Willian and Wilson would do a decent job there as well. People wanted Raul to play there. More than enough options.

No doubt. Why waste funds on a 4th string #10. Besides that, Harris made it obvious he can compete at this level yesterday. We shouldn't be pushing him further down the depth chart.

Nero

what ever the question the answer is No.

btffc

Southcoastffc

Understood, but BDR and lukic are IMO no more than sticking plasters, same re Wilian.  I'd like to see Harry W to see how he fares there but even when we had even more wingers (James, Kebano) I  don't think Marco ever tried that.  I'll be interested to see Iwobi there and really hope he fills the need. Harris maybe over the next 2 seasons but a good game v man City doesn't mean he can nail that role.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 03, 2023, 02:53:16 PM
Understood, but BDR and lukic are IMO no more than sticking plasters, same re Wilian.  I'd like to see Harry W to see how he fares there but even when we had even more wingers (James, Kebano) I  don't think Marco ever tried that.  I'll be interested to see Iwobi there and really hope he fills the need. Harris maybe over the next 2 seasons but a good game v man City doesn't mean he can nail that role.
They're not ideal solutions maybe (BDR and Lukic), but Andreas, Cairney and Iwobi are all best suited for the number 10 role and the others I listed can also do a job there. That's pretty much the only position where we don't need anyone at all.

hovewhite

Harris can play even with giving a 25 player list in as he's a home grown player and boy we need a few of them .