more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream speaks on Mitro leaving

Started by Sammyffc, September 05, 2023, 06:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Players in the club spoke about it internally

' If he goes is it going to be a problem for us?. In the short term maybe. Has he been an important part of the team and what weve done and the club, yeh course, there is no denying it.

Is he somebody that is bigger than any club? no absolutely not. Not in any club.

The conversation was if he goes he goes, it was more important for us as a group, and it was established as us leaders and guys in the changing room that it was more important that the manager stayed, if we had to pick between the two.

I love mitro, he knows that, its a shame to see him go but its more important to us that Marco stayed than Mitro.

We obviously wish him the best and he is where he wants to be, it wasn't awkward.

He got the most cr*p out of anyone in the changing room but left on good notes.

- Did he tell you he wanted to leave?

He didnt share much, he wasnt actively looking. However when something like that falls in your lap its difficult. I didnt have a one on one with him, i have my ear to the ground alot of the time but i try not to get personally involved, its not right. I can't tell a guy are you sure? im not going to try to persuade, and vice versa. I dont want to hear a sob story or spiel of why they want to go.

Yo, whats going on? leaving ? going ? here today? no tomorrow? thats about it.

Do you ever throw your arm around a players shoulder and say we are with you, you are part of us, always have a place here but do the best for u?

Nope , not from me. Others may had that with Mitro but those types of convos arent neccessary, weve all been put here for a goal in mind, tight knit group and we all play our roles. We are cogs in the machine that the club has put together.

Sammyffc

alfie

If he  ends up a politician or a diplomat I would not be surprised one bit.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

Where did a yank learn the word Spiel?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bencher

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 05, 2023, 07:02:10 PMWhere did a yank learn the word Spiel?

Why would they not know the word?

LC

I like Ream, he seems a solid guy. If this ends up being his last season and he decides to hang up his boots, I hope he stays on in some capacity- maybe a youth coaching role then grow from there

Deuce

Quote from: LC on September 05, 2023, 07:27:52 PMI like Ream, he seems a solid guy. If this ends up being his last season and he decides to hang up his boots, I hope he stays on in some capacity- maybe a youth coaching role then grow from there
I think hes spoken before about how he really wants to play in the world cup in 2026. So id imagine he'll keep playing for us as long as he can play at this level, then go do a couple of seasons in the MLS.

_Putney_

Odd, when did Tim Ream learn the word "cogs"?

Sammyffc

Quote from: _Putney_ on September 05, 2023, 08:25:48 PMOdd, when did Tim Ream learn the word "cogs"?

No idea if you are trolling or not

demeant0r

I think that's the right attitude for the squad to have about his departure. No point dwelling about it, just get on with training and the next fixture.

General

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 05, 2023, 07:02:10 PMWhere did a yank learn the word Spiel?

Interestingly if you look into the population of the US and look at the ancestry of Americans, the largest number I believe have German origins. Just over 1 in 10 according to this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 05, 2023, 06:33:12 PMPlayers in the club spoke about it internally

' If he goes is it going to be a problem for us?. In the short term maybe. Has he been an important part of the team and what weve done and the club, yeh course, there is no denying it.

Is he somebody that is bigger than any club? no absolutely not. Not in any club.

The conversation was if he goes he goes, it was more important for us as a group, and it was established as us leaders and guys in the changing room that it was more important that the manager stayed, if we had to pick between the two.

I love mitro, he knows that, its a shame to see him go but its more important to us that Marco stayed than Mitro.

We obviously wish him the best and he is where he wants to be, it wasn't awkward.

He didnt share much, he wasnt actively looking. However when something like that falls in your lap its difficult. I didnt have a one on one with him, i have my ear to the ground alot of the time but i try not to get personally involved, its not right. I can't tell a guy are you sure? im not going to try to persuade, and vice versa. I dont want to hear a sob story or spiel of why they want to go.

Do you ever throw your arm around a players shoulder and say we are with you, you are part of us, always have a place here but do the best for u?

Nope , not from me. Others may had that with Mitro but those types of convos arent neccessary, weve all been put here for a goal in mind, tight knit group and we all play our roles. We are cogs in the machine that the club has put together.

Thanks for posting.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bal_13

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 05, 2023, 06:33:12 PMPlayers in the club spoke about it internally

He's always very eloquent when he speaks and his mindset seems to be one of his best assets.

A leader who's full of composure.

Baszab

"Spiel" has a slightly different meaning in Yiddish compared to German

Maybe he learnt the word from Solomon

Ream certainly comes over as a smart cookie

Nero

Tim Ream has been in the UK 11 years I expect he has picked up some of the language in that time, he sounds almost fluent in English for a foreigner

Holders

Quote from: Baszab on September 06, 2023, 07:32:33 AM"Spiel" has a slightly different meaning in Yiddish compared to German

Maybe he learnt the word from Solomon

Ream certainly comes over as a smart cookie

Don't know about that but in German it means game or play, in colloquial English it seems to mean discourse.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Sting of the North

Quote from: Nero on September 06, 2023, 10:48:43 AMTim Ream has been in the UK 11 years I expect he has picked up some of the language in that time, he sounds almost fluent in English for a foreigner

:slap: