watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Palhina question?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, September 10, 2023, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

To answer the OP's original question "It's as if a very good footballer is limiting his role to concentrate on doing a limited but excellent job that helps the team.  So my question is, why can't other highly trained, fit, and intelligent players do this as well as Palhina?"

It's just not that simple. In all/many sports the very best players make things look easy. Palhina last season was WAY ahead of anyone else in number of tackles. That doesn't 'just happen'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

Palhinha had something to prove to the PL last season and FFC benefitted accordingly. Bayern's belated interest changed his mindset regardless of other considerations but it remains to be seen how much of the professional he obviously is stays with him. It is in FFC's interest to use the next few months finding an alternative but I hesitate to say this will do us any good. Recruitment planning is still a big weakness at the Club IMO.

We don't have a good record of signing up like for like in key positions by any stretch of the imagination, and it is the hard work of the coaches and playing staff which has really benefitted the whole team outlet raher than just signings.  Silva and team have to take a lot of credit for the success.  I am sure Palhinha understands that well enough deep down where it matters. 

I hope the Khans understand it too because otherwise it can all go to waste well before 2024/25 if the weaknesses persist.