more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scotland v England

Started by filham, September 12, 2023, 07:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Knight

Quote from: toshes mate on September 13, 2023, 09:34:21 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 13, 2023, 09:10:28 AMStill, its all about opinions I suppose.
Why be so condescending about it then?

I am sure I saw a different game to both you and Lighthouse but I can recognise both of your opposed remarks as being about the same game. At times I thought England were awful with the ball and playing a negative game in a match where their opponents were having a torrid time. I thought England's first half performance was almost perfection but why the drop off second half? 

We all see things differently and that, thank the Lord, is why life is so very, very interesting.

I cannot understand the habitual moaning on here, and unnecessary criticism.
No team can dominate for 90 mins. We made a number of changes before and during this match and never looked like  losing this game against a team that had won their last 5 matches, and fancied their chances.
We scored 3 goals away from home at their ground., what more do you expect. England are not yet the finished article, but then who currently is. Of course we all want to see more goals when we dominate a match to that extent.
A lot of the usual moaners have not been on to moan because they cannot find anything to moan about, so they stay silent rather than give England praise after we have given them a bloody nose up their and shutting them up until the next time.
It was men against boys.
I am not particularly a Southgate lover, but some on here will never ever be satisfied.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: toshes mate on September 13, 2023, 09:34:21 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 13, 2023, 09:10:28 AMStill, its all about opinions I suppose.
Why be so condescending about it then?

LOL.

Buffalo76

Southgate needs to do Maguire a big favour and take him out the firing line by dropping him. What he's done in the past is irrelevant now.

These days he can't even get a game for his club and seems a shadow of his former self.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Grassy Noel on September 13, 2023, 11:31:09 AM
Quote from: copthornemike on September 13, 2023, 11:12:41 AM
Quote from: roberto w6 on September 13, 2023, 08:20:37 AMI only watched bits of the game but was interested to see how McTominay played after our supposed interest in him as a Palhinha replacement.

From the bits I saw, pretty anonymous.
True, then again so was Harry Kane whilst the younger guns were playing around the Scottish defence and midfield.
McTominay had the not inconsiderable problem of being in the Scottish team on the night.
My take was he has considerable energy and fully committed, but lacked the physical presence of Palhinha?

To which I would add as CDM he does not have the same ability to detect danger. If I may paraphrase Carborundum, He is not a human windscreen wiper. Merely a moist sponge.

He's more of a number 8, replacement for Reed. If we genuinely thought he would be a direct replacement for Palhinha we were mistaken. It's similar to Anguissa, we played him as a 6 but he was an 8 in his first season.