watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That’s it now

Started by Peabody, September 15, 2023, 11:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Slippers on & a cuppa tea & bourbon cream..... We'll all be coming around to your place... Be lucky

Dodgin

Peabody, You are a Champion of the Old Brigade. 

Plodder

Same best wishes to you as expressed above. I had to give up my season ticket about 25 years ago when I was in my late thirties because of family commitments and finance, so I have only attended a handful of games each season at the Cottage since then. I hope it reassures you to hear how surprising how quickly I adjusted to being mainly an armchair fan, particularly as nowadays we get a good number of matches live on Sky, even when we were in the Championship. It is a lot easier to follow Fulham in the modern era if one is unable to get to Craven Cottage.

I recommend looking into getting a Now TV pass to Sky Sports, unless you already have or want a full Sky broadband contract with all the other channels. You can get a 24 hour pass for £11.99 for a day when a Fulham game is on if that is all you are interested in watching, or you can get a monthly pass for £34.99.  I have an automatically renewable monthly Now TV pass, as my family wants to watch Fulham, other Premier League football, Test and County cricket, and Formula One. It also means you can watch Ryder Cup etc. You can either just keeping monthly passes or you can set up automatic purchase each month.  If you do the latter, you can cancel your "subscription" without notice, so you are not tied in to for 12/18/24 months or whatever and you can be flexible.  Either get a day pass for days when Fulham are on live, or if you are interested in all Premier League football but nothing else, you can get monthly passes, stop buying them over the summer, and then just start buying them again when the new season starts (although football is becoming a 12 month season).

Now in my sixties, I am hoping to get a season ticket next year, as I shall have retired and my now adult children will not be as financially dependent on me.  Even though in reasonably good health for my age (touch wood) I find the constant standing up and sitting back down again a nuisance, though, as it obstructs the view (you have to adjust your stance and start peering round people if you can), and is not great for my dodgy back.  I would rather stand for the whole game or sit for the whole game.

jarv

Sorry to hear this but I nknow what you mean.  After over 30 years in USA, living in Scotland now. I had hopes of attending Fulham several times however, the round trip is not pleasant.  I have only made it a few times and hoping this seson possibly 5 or 6. I am not optimistic and hope the tories get absolutely hammered so the trains can get back on track.  Then I am hoping to attend more.

Wishing you well and will miss just got back. I always looked for that one first.

filham

Peabody, how about a new post match article from you "Just got off the setee", it would be ready and waiting for those that have just got home.

Peabody

Quote from: filham on September 16, 2023, 06:12:10 PMPeabody, how about a new post match article from you "Just got off the setee", it would be ready and waiting for those that have just got home.

I think I have my title, as I said earlier, Just switched Off. Then again, I could revive NFR Joke

Penfold

All the best Sir. You have put in a hell of a shift following FFC. Hopefully plenty to enjoy going forward.

Fernhurst

Mr P, what a servant to FFC you have been. Hope those around you can get you to an occasional game.
We all will be waiting for your "just switched off" posts.
Stay well.
See you at the Cup Final.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Peabody

Quote from: Plodder on September 16, 2023, 11:16:20 AMSame best wishes to you as expressed above. I had to give up my season ticket about 25 years ago when I was in my late thirties because of family commitments and finance, so I have only attended a handful of games each season at the Cottage since then. I hope it reassures you to hear how surprising how quickly I adjusted to being mainly an armchair fan, particularly as nowadays we get a good number of matches live on Sky, even when we were in the Championship. It is a lot easier to follow Fulham in the modern era if one is unable to get to Craven Cottage.

I recommend looking into getting a Now TV pass to Sky Sports, unless you already have or want a full Sky broadband contract with all the other channels. You can get a 24 hour pass for £11.99 for a day when a Fulham game is on if that is all you are interested in watching, or you can get a monthly pass for £34.99.  I have an automatically renewable monthly Now TV pass, as my family wants to watch Fulham, other Premier League football, Test and County cricket, and Formula One. It also means you can watch Ryder Cup etc. You can either just keeping monthly passes or you can set up automatic purchase each month.  If you do the latter, you can cancel your "subscription" without notice, so you are not tied in to for 12/18/24 months or whatever and you can be flexible.  Either get a day pass for days when Fulham are on live, or if you are interested in all Premier League football but nothing else, you can get monthly passes, stop buying them over the summer, and then just start buying them again when the new season starts (although football is becoming a 12 month season).

Now in my sixties, I am hoping to get a season ticket next year, as I shall have retired and my now adult children will not be as financially dependent on me.  Even though in reasonably good health for my age (touch wood) I find the constant standing up and sitting back down again a nuisance, though, as it obstructs the view (you have to adjust your stance and start peering round people if you can), and is not great for my dodgy back.  I would rather stand for the whole game or sit for the whole game.

I have ordered a Sky pass with TalkTalk

bobbo

Brave but probably needed decision mr "P" ,
Well I won't miss your posts because I'm sure you'll keep em coming .
Relax matey and watch as much as you're able on tv.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Peabody