watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That’s it now

Started by Peabody, September 15, 2023, 11:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I've now bitten the bullet and given up my season ticket. I just can't manage the travelling now, not so much the going, though that is difficult enough, it's the coming home. I have tried but it is now quite difficult for me.
Sad, of course I am but I will now explore Sky to follow Fulham so, instead of Just got back, it will be Just Switched Off. I am now definitely an armchair fan.

Fulham Tup North

::scarf:: You will be missed... but ensure you still stay on here...
 ::thumb::
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Andy S

It comes to all of us Peabody. I'm not there yet but one serious bout of illness can change all of that. I'm sure Just switched off will be an equally enthralling read for when we get back.so keep on keeping on young man

Lester Burnham

'....it's the coming home'. Completely understandable mate, but you'll always have a home on here.

ChesterTheTabby

Here here to the comments above - you're with us, you're one of the best of us, you'll always have a home here!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St Eve

Cheer from home, but then post. I always look forward to them

ianthailand

Sad time for you and those of us who enjoyed your post match missive. Hope you get fixed up with SKY etc., Your health and comfort come first, stay safe.

RaySmith

I echo all of the above Peabody, and look forward to your future reports.

Take care mate, and keep posting.

WhiteJC

your "just got back" posts were one of the most anticipated, "just switched off" I'm sure will be just the same  ::thumb::

Mickeyboro

All the best. Will cheer for you today.

67 and still trying to cope with the travel!

Finnans Right Peg

Please keep up posts Mr peabody ,always look forward to them

Twig

Always enjoyed your "just got back" posts and will miss them greatly.

HV71

Will so miss " just got back " but look forward to many, many episodes of " just switched off". Stay safe and well Mr Peabody we love hearing from you

SP

Sorry to hear this Mr P.

Hoping you'll still make it to the War Memorial, I see the Robins are playing an FAC Qualifier today.

blingo

Stay well, stay safe, and keep scribbling Mr P. Look forward to reading your match synopsis. ::thumb::

bog

Sorry to read this Peabody, as has been said many times I will miss your 'Just got backs'. Good luck mate.  ::thumb::  ::scarf::   

Peabody

filham

I know how you feel Peabody ,I too gave up this season as I was finding it all a bit too much, all those evening matches last season, which meant motoring to the match in the rush hour and getting home at about 11-30pm were the killer.
I have regularly watched Fulham for 75 seasons so am missing the Cottage so much.

ffcthereligion

Armchair fan you are not Peabody. With us in spirit! Take care of yourself

alfie

It's happened to me and I only live 5 minute walk away, I just can't do the stairs, and with supporters constantly jumping up and standing I'm not gonna pay a fortune to sit and stare at someone's backside. The only downside is that I am losing a bit of interest in football as a whole.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't