News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Mitro aims dig at Fulham" (According to the Daily Mail)

Started by Cambridge Away, September 16, 2023, 09:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton F.C.

Quote from: cmg on September 16, 2023, 09:57:09 PMWow. The Real Madrid of Asia, eh?

So bigger than...
Persopolis?
Ulsan Hyundai?
Al-Duhail?
Esteghial?
Jeonbuk?
         .....No, me neither.

.............& the Manchester United of the South

Eton White

Quote from: Willham on September 16, 2023, 10:15:52 PMWorking in a betting shop, it's been a shame this year seeing the saudi league appear high on the daily list, also surprised me but I guess most people around me aren't fulham fans, but the amount of people who've bet on it :(

I'm not a betting man, and I wouldn't watch the Saudi League if you paid me (which they probably would), but seeing as it's such a one sided league (the clubs owned by the PIF versus the rest), I can understand why it attracts gamblers.

Andy S

I think Mitro has been a loose cannon for a while as was proved last season. I don't think he could take the pressure of the premier league very well. He has now opted for playing in Saudi where again there will be less pressure with more money. I think he is trying to justify it all to himself. He is a lost cause now he has gone. I don't wish him any harm but I don't wish him much good either

Lighthouse

Sorry to say this will not be the first propaganda piece he will be told to do. As I predicted part of the deal and the money is to promote the Saudi League and the wonderful Unicorn skipping, daisy chain, kitten  playing kingdom in a better light than the real version. Sad to see him talk of the Sunday League club as a big club like Real Madrid. Mitro and his fellow players have become rich and a laughing stock.

New piece will be about Mitro says what a wonderful place to live and how lovely it is and how happy his family are the people sing in the streets of their joy. A rich, pathetic clown is still a pathetic clown. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 17, 2023, 12:17:42 AMSorry to say this will not be the first propaganda piece he will be told to do. As I predicted part of the deal and the money is to promote the Saudi League and the wonderful Unicorn skipping, daisy chain, kitten  playing kingdom in a better light than the real version. Sad to see him talk of the Sunday League club as a big club like Real Madrid. Mitro and his fellow players have become rich and a laughing stock.

New piece will be about Mitro says what a wonderful place to live and how lovely it is and how happy his family are the people sing in the streets of their joy. A rich, pathetic clown is still a pathetic clown. Good luck to him.

This.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rock

Propaganda or not, money talks. ~£20m is ok, but what's that gonna get you?

Cumbrian White

Well, he's not wrong, they are the Real Madrid of Asia, so in that sense they are bigger. More successful, greater finances and presumably a bigger fan base. Saudi football is huge in Asia.

Plus, he and many others are saying similar things, my guess is this equates to more bonus ££ as they are paid for positive comments about Saudi or Saudi football.

Neymar gets almost $500,000 for every pro Saudi Instagram post.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on September 17, 2023, 02:31:38 AMPropaganda or not, money talks. ~£20m is ok, but what's that gonna get you?

A Fulham season ticket.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ElRay

I'm sure when the Saudi Pro League investment inevitably slows down or a big club becomes interested in his services the nostalgia will all come flooding back. I'm almost certain if a top prem/European side with serious trophy winning potential called Zahavi to acquire Mitro's services he would push for that move. All the Saudi Pro Leagues & Asian champions leagues mean nothing and he knows it

I regularly see a quote from Ighalo saying "we play for money, not passion" this is the same guy who was sobbing about how it was his dream to play for Man Utd & took a huge pay cut to make it possible to join them.

Mr White

What a dickhead .

colinwhite

On my way back home from faro airport Mitros latest match in the Arab league was showing in a bar on tv. it was walking football with a level lower than league one . Lots of stars playing football like the harlem globetrotters. There is no way anyone is going to watch to much of that . Pathetic really.

Al-Fayed

When you play for Fulham you get the chance to play away against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City. When you play away in the Saudi League to get to play away against Al something or other. Heady stuff.

bog

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 16, 2023, 09:35:16 PMI don't know if it is the same thing as this (I won't click on the Daily Heil, etc etc) but I am struggling to believe even somebody as clearly not very bright and money driven as he is would say it.

Has that thing above just crash landed on his empty head?

Rupert

He has earned an awfully large amount of money, so from his point of view he is not the idiot and it certainly works. Personally, I am grateful to him for his contribution to our joy over the last couple of seasons, but he has moved on, and so shall I.

Clearly others are suffering from his departure and will continue to post on here every time they are outraged by him, and if that helps them square away their loss, then all power to them.

At least the Parker obsession seems to have finally passed (Rupert, NO! Can of worms, can of worms!)
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

toshes mate

I wonder where the Saudi's got the idea that western mercenaries do anything for money?

gang

blingo

I'm sure none of you calling him names and slating him wish we had him in our team right now. Two faced hypocrites.

I wish him well and if he can make another 50k for saying whatever he is saying then good for him.

You seem to have all conveniently forgotten what he did for us at FFC. Two faced is an understatement for some of you.

jarv

Can't blame him taking the money but his reputation is shot to pieces.  Hopefully, this is the last thread about him. He is gone, history now. Good riddance, good results so far without him. Even the Brentford result has been put into perspective now, they are a very good team.

Lambo

The Ironic thing is that if he is being paid to promote the league this board has just helped the dickhead receive a bonus for a social media post.

copthornemike

The actions and words of a mercenary, pure, visible and simple.
Unfortunately no signs of loyalty, or appreciation for his previous clubs, managers, club supporters and importantly his fellow professional team mates.
Shame really, certainly very sad.
On another tack yesterday's display by Palhinha who did lose out on a move to a big club. Bayern are a real big club.
You can sense the obvious disappointment in his post match interview but it did not stop him putting in a 100% committed display which was appreciated by the supporters, his manager and I am sure his professional team mates.
Respect.