watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best goal celebrations- Vini v Palhina

Started by Snibbo, September 17, 2023, 03:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

I'm a big fan of both celebrations,  but love the joy on Vini's face after he scores

hovewhite

He loves scoring oh the joy,he should be starting as he affects the games more.

Rupert

He may be better as an impact sub. As long as it works, I will not complain.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Kimbleman

Quote from: hovewhite on September 17, 2023, 09:17:26 AMHe loves scoring oh the joy,he should be starting as he affects the games more.

I definitely think he should be starting. If you count up the minutes he's been on and scoreline (points) earned I think you will find he's got a better ratio than the Serb!

filham

Vini must be pushing Jiminez hard for that starting place, perhaps we are going to see the two of them rotate for the rest of the season. Just hope we see goals from them.

demeant0r

Quote from: filham on September 17, 2023, 10:08:43 AMVini must be pushing Jiminez hard for that starting place, perhaps we are going to see the two of them rotate for the rest of the season. Just hope we see goals from them.

Why not start both of them? Basically 442, replacing the number 10 role with another striker. Why don't more teams play 442?

OZ-WHITE

Quote from: demeant0r on September 17, 2023, 11:48:08 AMWhy not start both of them? Basically 442, replacing the number 10 role with another striker. Why don't more teams play 442?
The other version would be a complete change to Silva's system 4-2-2-2
.............Leno................
Tete....Diop.....Ream....Robinson
.......Iwobi....Palhinha.........
.......Wilson...Pereira..........
......Vinícius..Willian..........
Without the ball Willian drops back and Iwobi moves forward then its 4-1-4-1
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

H4usuallysitting

I've always like Vini....and yep....his celebration's are pure joy

filham

Quite honestly witn gpoa celebrations I am not influenced with the quality but am looking for quantity and right now that simply means more than one a match.

Bill2

Thought that Vini really improved last season when he got a run of games.  Scored a few at the end of the season and compared to minutes on the pitch was probably not a bad return.

WindyCity

I can understand all the love for Vinicius since he scored the only goal v Luton, but let's not get carried away.  His goal was picking up some loose change, and credit to him for being in the right place at the right time.  But I still think he lacks quite a bit of quality, and I wouldn't be starting him.

btffc

Quote from: Bill2 on September 17, 2023, 03:24:28 PMThought that Vini really improved last season when he got a run of games.  Scored a few at the end of the season and compared to minutes on the pitch was probably not a bad return.

He really wasn't that far off Mitro's non-penalty goals per 90 last season. Mitro had 0.45 and Vini had 0.41. Would definitely like to see him get more minutes.

Brawn

He scored with his first touch of the season, I think. Jimenez should be dropped.

DadCreature

Quote from: demeant0r on September 17, 2023, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: filham on September 17, 2023, 10:08:43 AMVini must be pushing Jiminez hard for that starting place, perhaps we are going to see the two of them rotate for the rest of the season. Just hope we see goals from them.

Why not start both of them? Basically 442, replacing the number 10 role with another striker. Why don't more teams play 442?
Because you get overrun in the midfield leaving both forwards set up high and stranded for service. And they tend to occupy the same space a lot, making them easier to defend.  Anything can be done with the right players, but not sure we have such players.