News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Pennant 'forgot' he owned a Porsche..!

Started by LBNo11, January 19, 2011, 04:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

Premier League - Stoke star 'forgot he owned Porsche'Wed, 19 Jan 12:49:00 2011

Real Zaragoza had to get in touch with former player Jermaine Pennant to tell the Stoke winger he had left a Porsche abandoned at Zaragoza train station for five months, according to a report in Marca.

..The Spanish paper claims that when Pennant was contacted by Zaragoza about the car, he admitted he did not remember anything about it.

Zaragoza were then forced to open the car and were surprised to find that the keys were on the seat.

The car in question had a customised licence plate with the number 'P33NNT" on it.

Pennant is a big fan of cars and has a sportscar collection.

The former Arsenal and Liverpool star signed for Zaragoza on a free transfer in the summer of 2009 but he struggled to make an impact with the Liga side.

During his spell in Spain he infuriated coach José Aurelio Gay after turning up late for training three times in the space of two weeks.

Last August he signed for Stoke City on a four-month loan deal which was then made permanent in December.

Pennant was once deemed one of the hottest prospects in the game, and played 24 times for the England U21s, but the 28-year-old has never won a full England cap.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19012011/58/premier-league-stoke-star-forgot-owned-porsche.html

...There must be a song in this story for Saturday..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

I can't believe what I just read. If there ever was a case for curbing player wages, this is it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

NorthernWhite

I knew he was a pr1ck but I didn't give him credit for being able to totally exceed my expectations.

What a complete dick and as you say Finnster, this shows how far footballers wages should be curbed and how far away from reality they are.

Burt

Classic.

Certainly a case of more money than brain.

Lighthouse

We have all forgotten where we parked the car haven't we? What is sad is think of what good that car and money could do in the normal World.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ImperialWhite

Must be the footballers' equivalent of finding a tenner in your back pocket you didn't know you had.

Burt

I keep trying to forget I have a Citroen C8 1.9 TDi.

Unsuccesfully.

I think I would have remembered a Porsche.

Logicalman

Quote from: Burt on January 19, 2011, 04:29:00 PM

Unsuccesfully.

Why would you want to forget such a wonderful car as the Citroen for?   :hook:

finnster01

Quote from: Logicalman on January 19, 2011, 05:22:00 PM

Unsuccesfully.

I wish I forgot the Vauxhall I once owned...  :035:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MJG

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 19, 2011, 04:28:23 PM
Must be the footballers' equivalent of finding a tenner in your back pocket you didn't know you had.
Maybe not a tenner but a weeks wages I suspect.

Mike

I once left my dog outside the post office, returned home and my wife asked me if I had forgotten anything, then pointed out the lack of said dog.   :doh:
1879 a good year for football

LBNo11

Quote from: Logicalman on January 19, 2011, 05:22:00 PM

Unsuccesfully.

...ahem, I have had several Citroens, a Familiale, two Pallas's, and two Xantia's, they were all strange cars with individual quirky features, some annoying, but for the ride you get you forgive all the niggles...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

grimmynz

LB, I had a French girlfriend once, and I quite agree, for the ride you get you forgive all the niggles... :005:

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on January 19, 2011, 04:13:13 PM
I can't believe what I just read. If there ever was a case for curbing player wages, this is it.

Yep , this is sick! with people losing  jobs at the moment. If you have a career for 15 years max and you end up with a Million or two in your coffers then surely a wage cap would be fair to the rest of society. That or we all stop going! Don't get me started!  :doh:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

jarv

This beats my best one. I once forgot I had a (first) date. In the pub with some mates, about 10pm I remembered. The lads never let me forget it. It's one thing to not show up but to forget!!  :039:I said, she probably didn't turn up anyway.