watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anual Wage Bill

Started by IloveFFC, September 18, 2023, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

How do Bournemouth spend so much dough, and Brighton spend so little (in a relative sense)

Jim©

Craziest one is N Forest. Signed 30 players in 12 months- paying them all good money yet you can only play 11 of them at one time. Seems a bit mental to me. If they do go down they could be in financial more for years to come.

filham

.That figure is huge, I imagine it is before tax ,but even so----------.
It would be interesting to compare with the club wage bill just before Tommy Trinder awarded Haynes his £100 per week.
I guess that was something like £20 per week x52 weeksx30 players = £.03m/year.
The Haynes award would have increased this by some .004m.
Yes different times, different wages but it is hard to imagine Tommy Trinder paying these sort of wages.
Us fans must be asking what they are doing to earn them. Make no mistake the football served up by haynes on his wage was much,much, better.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: filham on September 18, 2023, 10:26:24 AM.That figure is huge, I imagine it is before tax ,but even so----------.
It would be interesting to compare with the club wage bill just before Tommy Trinder awarded Haynes his £100 per week.
I guess that was something like £20 per week x52 weeksx30 players = £.03m/year.
The Haynes award would have increased this by some .004m.
Yes different times, different wages but it is hard to imagine Tommy Trinder paying these sort of wages.
Us fans must be asking what they are doing to earn them. Make no mistake the football served up by haynes on his wage was much,much, better.

Yes but how much did it cost to park your bike in a garden and get in?

Thailand Mick

Again the one for me that stands out is Aston Villa, I mentioned in another post how much they had spent on transfers in the last five years (600 million)and it was rightly pointed out that they had sold 3 or 4 youth players for decent size transfer fees(200 million).now I have look up their income for the season 21/22 (could not find any data for 22/23 yet)which was 169 million sandwiched between Brighton and Wolves in 13th place and yet their wage bill for last season was 99.8 million which makes them the 6th highest more than twice us,Brighton or Wolves.

Cumbrian White

Surprised.at Palace having such a high wage bill.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Cumbrian White on September 18, 2023, 12:16:55 PMSurprised.at Palace having such a high wage bill.

I believe Saha was on 200,000 a week last season.

YankeeJim

And this is why there are a small number of clubs that always win. It's like a basketball league that outlaws anyone over six feet playing for the lower 14 clubs. There is no attempt at a competitive league. After all, Fulham v Crystal Palace aren't going to lite up TV screens in the US, China or India. It is all about greed. They care nothing for the other 14 much less the bottom leagues. It should be called the International Telly League. What percentage of the top six rosters are actually Brits, much less Englishmen? One day they will form their super leagues. Fans are no longer life long loyalists. They support whomever is on top at the moment.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

btffc

Think that number is off by quite a bit. Should be higher. Looks like they lifted it from here but several players are unaccounted for.

https://www.capology.com/club/fulham/salaries/

Iwobi for example is likely on 100k/week+

filham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on September 18, 2023, 11:56:00 AMAgain the one for me that stands out is Aston Villa, I mentioned in another post how much they had spent on transfers in the last five years (600 million)and it was rightly pointed out that they had sold 3 or 4 youth players for decent size transfer fees(200 million).now I have look up their income for the season 21/22 (could not find any data for 22/23 yet)which was 169 million sandwiched between Brighton and Wolves in 13th place and yet their wage bill for last season was 99.8 million which makes them the 6th highest more than twice us,Brighton or Wolves.
Yes, that was a nice little earner for local residents, it was either 3d or 6d, is such an arrangement still available or has the tax inspector killed it off.

The Rational Fan

Absolute Nonsense that our players wages bills are below £60,000,000. Fulham's last published wages bills for all staff were £90.4m in 21/22 and £113.9 in 20/21, plus the last season we had a total wage bill below £50m was 16/17. If total wages in the championship 21/22 were £90.4, then I expect total wages at least £100m now, and player wages are over £80m now.

btffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 18, 2023, 11:38:21 PMAbsolute Nonsense that our players wages bills are below £60,000,000. Fulham's last published wages bills for all staff were £90.4m in 21/22 and £113.9 in 20/21, plus the last season we had a total wage bill below £50m was 16/17. If total wages in the championship 21/22 were £90.4, then I expect total wages at least £100m now, and player wages are over £80m now.

This number is going to be exclusive of bonuses as well which can add up to a lot in a successful season, but I reckon you are right that total player wages after bonuses is going to be north of 80m. Also they are probably missing about 15-20m in wages from newly signed players as the site they lifted these numbers from hasn't updated that yet.

mrmicawbers

We will be around what Crystal Palace pay.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: btffc on September 18, 2023, 11:51:35 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 18, 2023, 11:38:21 PMAbsolute Nonsense that our players wages bills are below £60,000,000. Fulham's last published wages bills for all staff were £90.4m in 21/22 and £113.9 in 20/21, plus the last season we had a total wage bill below £50m was 16/17. If total wages in the championship 21/22 were £90.4, then I expect total wages at least £100m now, and player wages are over £80m now.

This number is going to be exclusive of bonuses as well which can add up to a lot in a successful season, but I reckon you are right that total player wages after bonuses is going to be north of 80m. Also they are probably missing about 15-20m in wages from newly signed players as the site they lifted these numbers from hasn't updated that yet.

The number in the article is wrong, and the Official UK Government House numbers are correct. UK Government House says total wages for 21/22 is £113.9m including player bonuses for getting relegated and all non-players wages, so unless either "player bonuses for getting relegated and non-player wages add up to more than £66.32m" or our "player wage bill has dropped significantly" the wage numbers given our complete nonsense. The player wage bill without bonuses is more likely closer to £100m than it is anywhere near £50m, the idea the wage bill is below £50m is absurd even with new players wages missing.