watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham now charging for all under 5s

Started by Hammer Smith, September 18, 2023, 12:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer Smith

Disgraceful to see that this alleged family club is now expecting all parents &/or carers to pay for a match day ticket for all their toddlers - even for new born babies!   

Where does this leave a season ticket holder with a new born child who wants to continue coming to matches? How could they even purchase an already allocated seat next to them? - that's assuming they could afford it! Historically under 5s have always been admitted free to all our matches. This has now been stopped for no good reason.

This is an attack on hard core Fulham fans at a time when money is most scarce for families with young children ie when either on maternity/paternity leave or later on paying for child care to enable parents to get to work.

How is this encouraging the Club's professed policies of "inclusivity" or "diversity"?  It affects a very small group of people so will be totally insignificant revenue wise, & it adversely affects a protected group (ie women most of all) contravening the 2010 Equalities Act.

Yet still Fulham likes to call itself a family club...

HV71

We are sinking deeper and deeper into the mire of greed. It's very , very sad and surely totally avoidable.

How much will this add to the bottom line ?

A wage bill of £47.58 m and we can't afford this concession - what is the world coming to ?

SP

Those pesky under 5s, they've had a free ride for far too long...........................

::angry::

Grassy Noel

Quote from: SP on September 18, 2023, 01:31:32 PMThose pesky under 5s, they've had a free ride for far too long...........................

And it is also time to take action on embryos.

Twig

Quote from: Grassy Noel on September 18, 2023, 02:53:41 PM
Quote from: SP on September 18, 2023, 01:31:32 PMThose pesky under 5s, they've had a free ride for far too long...........................

And it is also time to take action on embryos.

Yep, time to charge pregnant women double.

Lighthouse

Never liked kids that young coming to football matches. Or being allowed out at all. Parents should think about this sort of thing when filling the World full of more people who think the World owes them a free ride. Much prefer the idea of a Penn where young kids can be herded into before on arrival at the ground and then picked up after the game.

Dishes of water and hanging snacks from feeders could give them an incentive to learn how to solve problems.Allowing the adults to enjoy football without the awful sound of kiddies. As there would be no child care except a man with a long stick outside the cage to prod any poorly behaved kiddies. The charge would be minimal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

you were one once.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

Quote from: bobbo on September 18, 2023, 03:18:09 PM

you were one once.

I think he was being ironic.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

you were one once.

Think he was joking :)

bobbo

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 18, 2023, 03:25:32 PM

you were one once.

Think he was joking :)
OK maybe "     I'm a nuisance on here today , I've injured myself and on the sofa for a couple of days .⚽️😆
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

Pregnant women next .stand up the FST

filham

This policy will provide a huge incentive for the kids to find a way in for free well before they reach 5 years of age.

blingo

We're not a family club anymore, we are another premiership business team.

Shredhead

Didn't the club appoint a new head of revenue (or similar) a few years ago? This all seems to have started after then.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

KeenCottager

Club are so out of touch. Really sad, Luton the only affordable game this season.

Andy S

Nobody forces anyone to bring their under 5 children to watch a game of football. If they want to pay silly prices that's up to them. When my kids were that young I stayed at home with them or took them down the park to play on the swings.

Kimbleman

I took my daughter to her first match aged five. Now twenty-eight and a Fulham crazy season ticket holder. You gotta brain wash em young!
I think I was similarly young when my old man took me.... fifty six years ago.
 ::scarf::

DadCreature

Quote from: Kimbleman on September 18, 2023, 07:18:08 PMI took my daughter to her first match aged five. Now twenty-eight and a Fulham crazy season ticket holder. You gotta brain wash em young!
This is the important part.  It's important to be able to pass on a family tradition.  Long term, it's a good investment for the Club.

Twig

Quote from: blingo on September 18, 2023, 04:30:26 PMWe're not a family club anymore, we are another premiership business team.

What is the Premiership, what has rugby got to do with this?

Twig

Quote from: DadCreature on September 18, 2023, 07:40:46 PM
Quote from: Kimbleman on September 18, 2023, 07:18:08 PMI took my daughter to her first match aged five. Now twenty-eight and a Fulham crazy season ticket holder. You gotta brain wash em young!
This is the important part.  It's important to be able to pass on a family tradition.  Long term, it's a good investment for the Club.

It certainly used to be important. I was introduced to Fulham at a young age by attending with my Father and his brothers, my uncles. It was a great adventure for me and created a long term loyalty to the club.